Dismiss Notice
Hey Mr. Anonymous! Now you can post here as a guest without registering on the website! Enjoy ^.^

EU+US Level Scaling, How will this effect Lvl 1 Twinks?

Discussion in 'Level 1-9' started by Fame, Nov 13, 2017.

Share This Page

Tags:
  1. Fame

Fame Member

So with an upcoming patch introducing Level Scaling for Lvl 1 - 10 zones, does this mean that level 1 twinks will be able to obtain gear/rewards from those zones?

• Like Like x 1
  2. linker

linker Spanish lvl 1 lover

it's seems, we will have tons of greens and some blues :D

• Like Like x 2
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On the one hand, this could mean a greater variety of pve content and gear drops (and possibly transmogs)

On the same hand, that would also kill a lot of the challenge of lvl 1 pve raids.

Although the thought of being able to do outland with a group of level 1's and everything is at-level just makes me wet.

4. Tinytony

Tinytony Member

After messing around on the PTR a bit, It looks like scaling only occurs when you're too high a level for something, and not too low. Seems there's nothing new to obtain for lvl 1s. :(

Edit: This includes mob level scaling. Nothing goes below it's original level.

5. Millanis

Millanis Member

The starting zones scale 5-20. The exception are 1-5 zones which don't scale. At level 1 the mobs that are "outside" will scale as if you were level 5 (so they're level 5-6). Quests there all require level 5. The mobs "inside" don't scale in any way; they all have their old levels, even when you are 110.

6. Allybeboba

Allybeboba ...

Maybe level 5 then.
    No hope for my double AGM Furlbog pouch level one. /cry. Maybe one day.

7. Illeezz

Illeezz Member

i can confirm, we CAN get greens and "probably" some blues. i just looted the Cadet Vest of Stamina from lvl 10 mobs in Westfall.. which scaled down to lvl 1 (+3stam). i was also able to loot the Foreman (scales down to lvl 10) aswell, but wasn't lucky enough to get those gloves yet.. probably they'll scale down to lvl 1 aswell. i will test some more stuff.. had items like "Talon of Vultros" in my mind etc. takes a while (its a bit challenging to kill those mobs at lvl 1 without AGM etc) :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 3, 2017, Original Post Date: Dec 3, 2017 ---
    and btw looks like the "Furbolg Medicine Pouch" is getting Grandfathered aswell ;) the vendor just got an "lvl 40 version" for sale which only gives +7 stam.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Blazai

Blazai Royal Member

This makes me really excited. I tested my main twink (level 10) on the PTR and got almost nothing useful besides my gear being downgraded tremendously. I'll test level 1s more on the PTR and edit this post once I find more info.

9. ImmahBon

ImmahBon Grandfathered

10. Blazai

Blazai Royal Member

Sadly, it still requires level 5 on PTR as of the moment. Blizzard usually makes a lot of changes last minute though, all we can do is wait.
    WoWScrnShot_120317_160706.jpg

11. Illeezz

Illeezz Member

guards scale down to lvl 10 in 10-60 zones. but an 110 guard spawned as soon as i attacked :/ so we wont be able to raid crossroads etc. but i had no problems raiding smaller villages.. there weren't any guards in azshara aswell.
    WoW Screen.png
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 5, 2017, Original Post Date: Dec 5, 2017 ---
    best loot i've received yet. equal to the original lvl 12 version.. looks like those items dont get any stat loss at all. idk if thats bugged or intended. WoW Screen4679.png

• Like Like x 2
  12. Captain

Captain •ßøbbÿ• ;p

is furbolg Gfd yet or is it still available, i made a new 19 and wanna get, (RIP my lvl 10 druid)

13. Illeezz

Illeezz Member

its still possible to get :)

14. Roboartist

Roboartist Reclaimer Moderator Secret Tricks 4 WoW

I think higher zone rares will make twinking interesting in terms of gearing. I was thinking everything would be screwed, but I'm glad gearing will be centered towards boes and pve stuff rather than lootboxes from BGs.

Though the removal of furbolg and potential removal/nerf of agm is a huge kick in the balls

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Veechard

Veechard Veteran

Figure if you went straight of intellect suffix for a priest/Druid 5 twink
    Rough estimates...
    5 boot
    5 gloves
    4 bracer
    4 belt
    Don’t forget rings from zones that can scale to your level. +6 more?
    Doubt we will find a super OP weap to replace BOA.

Your looking at almost 50 more spellpower simply from having more quests and loot available. Will clothes finally be super viable, I’m thinking druids, with this patch?
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 5, 2017, Original Post Date: Dec 5, 2017 ---
    If PTR reflects what patch will entail, I’m making a 5 druid.
    From what I’m seeing, if you could obtain it before, even if it wasn’t the right level for you, can now be obtained and equipped. Everyone is asking about fishing hat. I’m wondering about fishing boots. You can still obtain boots just can’t equip currently. Hat you equip and obtain. If we are seeing people get greens that are equip-able they normally weren’t, would this maybe mean fishing boots will be no level req?

Stam stacking 5 druid inc if this holds true.

16. Illeezz

Illeezz Member

i wonder if its possible to equip "The 1 Ring" at lvl 5 :p if u fish it. interesting stuff indeed.

17. Captain

Captain •ßøbbÿ• ;p

agreed but the 2 boa rings would still be superior IMO

18. Illeezz

Illeezz Member

ye probably :D but most looms got nerfed (atleast at lvl 1) for example "Dread Pirate Ring" just gives +1 stam at lvl 1. boa legs/chest/weps +1 agi/stam. not sure if they'll get crit/haste at lvl 5^^ haven't tested yet.

19. Veechard

Veechard Veteran

If it’s just agil stam even at 5, that’s good news. Means maybe all boa slots might be replaced with other items like twinking was before BOAs. This is pretty exciting stuff

20. Captain

Captain •ßøbbÿ• ;p

i dont really know any items that are better than boa at lvl 1... the only green i know is maybe sin dorei cloak?

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)