EU+US Level 80 WoD DPS BiS Lists

Zmirnøff

Legend
No longer updated, as of 6.1

Here's a BiS list for instanced DPS for each class, including their simmed DPS.

I'm now pretty confident that these are accurate enough (gear and enchants wise). But if at any point anyone has a suggestion for improvement. Feel free to mention it in the thread and I'll adjust accordingly.If you're not entirely sure WHY instanced DPS is different from base or outside DPS, please read this - http://pastebin.com/HXcjJ7ei

Disclaimers.

For the most part, these sims are NOT entirely accurate. Because Simcraft doesn't support anything under level 90 fully, we've had to butcher in a few things (procs, enchants, trinkets etc...)

A few of the sims have had to be heavily modified (Arms) to work properly at level 80 and may not be 100% accurate because of this. Some sims are just plain fucked (Frost Mage).

Blizzard are currently releasing tuning patches every other day and Simcraft is releasing updates pretty much every day. So as soon as I sim something it's out of date. I'll try and keep it up to date for as long as I can be assed.

A brief note on the gear, most classes are using the same gear as it follows a reasonable priority of 409 > 284 > 277 > 264 > 308 > *. There are obvious exceptions, things like Shadowmourne and the 277 ICC ring are so powerful because of their proc that they take over 409's in DPS. Some trinkets like the AP Halion 284 trinket are only marginally more powerful than using the intellect 409 trinket, but because the 409 gives absolutely nothing to Str/Agi users, the AP trinket does edge ahead. The 277/264 items are only sometimes higher than a 308, usually to do with socket numbers and bonuses. And a final note on the gear, because of this priority system, it makes gearing just as boring as it was in MoP, usually just choosing the highest ilvl.

So that was the disclaimers... Here's the results.

WARNING to shitty internet connections, file is around 7.5MB in size. You might want to right click and save the file.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72388705/WoD Twink BiS Simcraft Results/Level 80 Sims.html

Now, to see the gear, go to the link. Open the Sim Link for your desired spec and you'll be able to scroll down to the gear section and view it.
LaB9Nah.jpg

hdY0vvs.jpg

If you can't view the extra section in the sim, you'll have to enable unsafe scripts (In Chrome/Firefox there's a little shield on the right or left hand side of the address bar, click that and "Load unsafe script"). Saving the file to your computer might also work.
To see gem and enchant information you'll need to go to the Profile Section and scroll down to the bottom, you'll see things like "head=sanctified_ymirjar_lords_helmet,id=51227,gems=chaotic_skyflare_diamond_5str_10crit_4str" which'd be chaotic skyflare diamond for the meta gem and a 5str/10crit gem which will enable a 4str socket bonus. As for enchants, I'm afraid you'll have to look it up manually for the correct name because I only took the stat information. Using Aelos 6.0+ enchant information might help - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Aysr8WcIId_KOAARNNRUtqNH32_SaIlPn14YF64UXgk/edit#gid=0

Now if you find something wrong with the sim itself (Profile Section), the gear, the move breakdown. Anything at all. I'd like your help in trying to fix it. I know a lot about WoW, but I'm in no means an expert in every single class, so there might be slight errors here and there.

If there's anything else you'd like to know, feel free to ask and I'll answer best I can before I forget everything I done. :p

I probably won't do outside instance sets now, it's REALLY easy to do them yourselves. Go to wowhead, search for an item/slot and insert some reasonable weights. If you need help with weights you can ask and someone might be able to help. Or download simcraft and figure your own weights out.

Made a quick Fury Warrior PvP set - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72388705/WoD Twink BiS Simcraft Results/furypvp.html
Some of it can be put down to personal preference. I've went for dps gems obviously, you could gem for stamina and be a beast, you could have 2 stam trinkets or 2 dps trinkets, I went for a PvP trinket and a DPS trinket. Etc.
Fight length is 30s exactly, this is just an estimate as I don't know how bursty the bracket is. Oh, and this is NOT taking into account any scaling that may happen, I suppose you could call this set a world PvP set then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the lists. It will be interesting to see how scaling works for BGs/arenas..I wonder if shadowmourne will be outshined by some MoP weapons.

PvP will also be interesting because of the fact that there are now 4 legendary items in one bracket...

Thanks for the lists. It will be interesting to see how scaling works for BGs/arenas..I wonder if shadowmourne will be outshined by some MoP weapons.

PvP will also be interesting because of the fact that there are now 4 legendary items in one bracket...

Assuming SM stays exactly as it is, the strength proc is utterly insane, same goes for glaves in the 70 bracket and will remain bis in all cases untill its changed.

Assuming SM stays exactly as it is, the strength proc is utterly insane, same goes for glaves in the 70 bracket and will remain bis in all cases untill its changed.

Yeah glaives are insane. I was using them on my 90 monk for funsies on the beta. the 450 haste proc was something like 22% haste @ 90. I can't imagine what it will be for a 70 o_O unlimited energy regen for monks and rogues during the proc I bet lol.

I noticed that for some specs parts of Ulduar 226 are better than ICC gear, did you take that into account? 226 Priest gloves are even better than the 409 ones (though the non-tier ICC HC ones have 2 sockets and are best of all), Cord of White Dawn is better than Lingering Illness, etc. There's quite a few of these items. Even weapon-wise wands with a socket + OH with a socket seem to be better off than the 409 weapons.

The scaling for 80 seems to be the worst of all. Naxx chest is BiS for cloth. Crazy stuff.

Anyway, fuck, I only have a priest at 80 :( Looks bad.

Yeah I still don't quite understand how that works,I tried to test it last time on 70 in Karazhan and it didn't make a difference from what I could tell, when I changed some trinkets to level 60 trinkets. Aelobin also healed me in ToGC and from what I could remember from that was that it also didn't work as intended/desribed.

Otherwise even T6 is better than T10 HC from what I could tell.

What I've read about the damage multiplier all seems to be about doing older raids on a higher level character, not when raiding on the same level.

Did read this:
  1. The second buff I like to refer to as the ilvl buff. It's the difference between the characters ilvl and the expansions base ilvl.
  2. It's only available between levels 1 and 89. And is only active for that characters expansion level and above. As of our last tests, this buff is still only active inside an instanced zone. When the character does content below their expansion level they automatically get the mob level scaling buff instead.
But is this confirmed anywhere? And when does the actual increase of stats start beating the item level buff?

Won't matter much for PvP or outside from what I could tell from the info, but it's still super unclear.

Yeah I still don't quite understand how that works,I tried to test it last time on 70 in Karazhan and it didn't make a difference from what I could tell, when I changed some trinkets to level 60 trinkets. Aelobin also healed me in ToGC and from what I could remember from that was that it also didn't work as intended/desribed.

Otherwise even T6 is better than T10 HC from what I could tell.

What I've read about the damage multiplier all seems to be about doing older raids on a higher level character, not when raiding on the same level.

Did read this:
  1. The second buff I like to refer to as the ilvl buff. It's the difference between the characters ilvl and the expansions base ilvl.
  2. It's only available between levels 1 and 89. And is only active for that characters expansion level and above. As of our last tests, this buff is still only active inside an instanced zone. When the character does content below their expansion level they automatically get the mob level scaling buff instead.
But is this confirmed anywhere? And when does the actual increase of stats start beating the item level buff?

Won't matter much for PvP or outside from what I could tell from the info, but it's still super unclear.

There's no actual confirmation on the buff outside of our own testing on the beta and this post - Warlords of Draenor Theorycraft Discussion - Forums - World of Warcraft

I did explain it pretty thoroughly in my pastebin, but I'll make a shortened version here, for every ilvl above 200 ilvl for level 80's, while in an instanced zone you gain a % dps increase. So even if a 226 piece has more raw stats, it'll never be as good as a 409, 308, 277 or even a 264. Just because their raw ilvls are so much higher than the Ulduar piece.

Quick number example, you have 333.47 ilvl, which according to the formula given by Blizzard is 3.2244x your base damage, or 222.44% additional damage. Replace your 409 gloves with a pair of 226 gloves. You now have 321.27 ilvl and 3.0211x or 202.11% additional damage.

2 sockets minus 2 int, 3 crit and 4 haste rating is NOT worth 20.33% damage.

Now to be perfectly clear, these BiS lists are ONLY for instanced PvE combat. Outside of instances you'll most likely be using whatever items have the highest raw stats, such as the Ulduar 239's. Which would be my first choice for PvP.

And the reason you didn't notice the difference in Karazhan on a 70 is because the jump from ilvl at 70 is smaller than 80, your base ilvl at 70 is 115 and Sunwell gear is 164. Where-as at 80 it's 200 ilvl and our highest items are 409.

If you need help figuring this out, Aelobin made this handy dandy spreadsheet calculator a while ago - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...pX9Go2lSOrLQU8QD62a5mqfdE/edit#gid=1067747870 - Just copy or download it, to use.

There's no actual confirmation on the buff outside of our own testing on the beta and this post - Warlords of Draenor Theorycraft Discussion - Forums - World of Warcraft

I did explain it pretty thoroughly in my pastebin, but I'll make a shortened version here, for every ilvl above 200 ilvl for level 80's, while in an instanced zone you gain a % dps increase. So even if a 226 piece has more raw stats, it'll never be as good as a 409, 308, 277 or even a 264. Just because their raw ilvls are so much higher than the Ulduar piece.

If you need help figuring this out, Aelobin made this handy dandy spreadsheet calculator a while ago - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...pX9Go2lSOrLQU8QD62a5mqfdE/edit#gid=1067747870 - Just copy or download it, to use.

Thanks for the info. I see the base for Cataclysm is 346, but if I go into DS HC with item level 410 gear, do I get the 106% more DPS (and 68% damage reduction)? It'll be the same no matter what raid I enter, for the entire expansion?

Yeah for PvP 226 seems to be the top, even the 239 trinkets have less int than the 226 ones. Anything with more sockets always seems to win as well outside of instances. For chests outside of instances, T6 actually seems like one of the best choices right now.

Also yeah sorry Aelobin, guess I didn't remember it properly. I remember you not taking any damage there though.

Also, just for clarification, I'm better off wearing a 409 tanking cloak with 0 stats that I benefit from in an instance. Than a 277 cloak with my stats on it?

Thanks for the info. I see the base for Cataclysm is 346, but if I go into DS HC with item level 410 gear, do I get the 106% more DPS (and 68% damage reduction)? It'll be the same no matter what raid I enter, for the entire expansion?

Yeah for PvP 226 seems to be the top, even the 239 trinkets have less int than the 226 ones. Anything with more sockets always seems to win as well outside of instances. For chests outside of instances, T6 actually seems like one of the best choices right now.

Also yeah sorry Aelobin, guess I didn't remember it properly. I remember you not taking any damage there though.

Also, just for clarification, I'm better off wearing a 409 tanking cloak with 0 stats that I benefit from in an instance. Than a 277 cloak with my stats on it?

Yeah on the 410 ilvl in Cata raids/instances. Part of the squish drastically changed the way Cata content is. So you essentially NEED the reduced damage taken and damage done to even attempt some of the raids.

Unsure myself on PvP, I don't PvP normally and I especially don't PvP on twinks. :p But I was considering figuring out a few BiS lists for it anyway. It'll be a piece of piss anyway, use wowheads stat weight feature and put in the weights for PvP, probably Stamina > Strongest secondary out of haste/crit > Main stat >>> Everything else that'd be beneficial, like armor.

Not entirely on the 409 with no stats, for example it's still worth using a 284 sharpened twilight scale instead of a 409 int trinket on the agi/str users. That's kinda why I simmed everything. :p

Does anyone know how Fire Mages are doing now? Are they still at the bottom? I tried to make my own set through the wowhead comparison feature and got a pretty high amount of crit with gemming purely Smooth King's Amber. Any advice would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread