US Level 80 Dungeon MDI

Discussion in 'Level 80-89' started by Mendicent, Jan 10, 2020.

Share This Page

1. Mendicent

Mendicent Veteran

In about a months time I'll be hosting a level 80 "MDI" to kick off the release of my addon for CustomKeystones, so if you're interested in a weird competition and you want to bring a full team of 5 to compete, feel free to DM me. Figured I would announce it here in case any of you wanted to join in. The addon just adds the Mythic+ mechanics like mob% and "Affixes" (Custom Affixes that affect %). I'm eventually going to add on some scoring system, which obviously is just for bragging rights because I can't give you loot.

If you're interested in trying the addon and helping me test as well I would really appreciate it. I'd give it about a week before its ready for public testing, but I'll give a link to the forge in a couple days for more people to play around with it.

Tournament
    ---------
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lH8pfGfqSmlZCysOHTPwED2VeI9Dws4Cg6CB_gRrPoM/edit?usp=sharing

EDIT: The addon is available for download through the twitch client called CustomKeystones

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020 at 7:08 AM
  2. Blackberryy

Blackberryy Just a small town girl Administrator

3. OP
    Mendicent

Mendicent Veteran

Current plan is to do 70 after I finish up 80 if it turns out to be fun, so you may have the chance.

4. Winterly

Winterly Grandfathered

This sounds sick if it gets big enough.

5. hom

hom Veteran

Lemme get this correct... You can add dungeon mechanics to the live game through an addon?

Great idea - I love it

• Like Like x 1
  6. ohti

ohti 20 Coordinator 20-29

That's what my impression was, seems impossible though?

7. zazzyfraz

zazzyfraz Member

he means stuff like Teeming ( kill more mobs) maybe time limits etc

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. OP
    Mendicent

Mendicent Veteran

Yeah zazzy, you hit the nail on the head. It'd be epic if I could add explosive/bursting but currently its just small tweaks to how much % mobs give so you'd have to change up pull strategies/skip some things. Maybe blizzard will add some API support for custom key mechanics at some point but I doubt it. This is just going to be affixes that affect how % is earned (some of these affixes are completely custom, but none add mechanics).

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. OP
    Mendicent

Mendicent Veteran

Alright, I've finished up alot of the addon, and it is currently ready for some open beta testing!

Current Features:
    -Season 1 of Ranked Dungeons Includes
    1. Ahn'Kahet the Old Kingdom
    2. Halls of Lightning
    3. The Nexus
    4. Gundrak
    5. Utgarde Pinnacle
    -Season 1 Affixes Include
    1. Teeming (mobs give reduced percent)
    2. Bloodletting (CUSTOM - After killing an enemy, enemy percentages multiply with one another for 5 seconds)
    3. Chain-Killing (CUSTOM - After killing an enemy, gain increased percent for 5 seconds, kills extend the duration by another 5)
    4. Gatekeepers (CUSTOM - The first and second boss must die within 10 seconds of each other)

Below is a link to the Addon, if you want to test it. To install you should only need to take the CustomKeystones.toc and main.lua files and place them in a folder called CustomKeystones, and then place this in your addons folder. (Don't worry about the .xml files, they are just junk test files).

Repo:
    https://github.com/NKonich/CustomKeystones

10. Rejuvenizer

Rejuvenizer Member

11. OP
    Mendicent

Mendicent Veteran

The plan is to expand to 70 and 85, but right now 80 needs testing so I can see how it scales. Currently need a 5 man party to play test at level 80, so if anyone wants to help with this hit me up.