EU+US Level 70 RBG Leaderboard Rule Votum

Should 70s players be allowed to queue for BG together with 79s?

• Yes

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Healium

Meow
After a few 70s are against the rule that level 70s may not queue with 79s , I would like to make a vote. The votes count only from 70s who are actually involved. Everything else is not counted. This poll is open for 1 week

P.S I forgot to formulate the title better- Of course this rule only applies to the level 70s who participate in a competition from the community. Someone who is not interested in the ranking can queue with anyone!

Vote is anonymous

Last edited:
Just to clarify what that rule entails, if you are a 70 who ever plays a BG while grouped with a 79, you will be disqualified from the RBG ladder if caught. In my opinion this is too drastic, hence the discussion with @Healium in his RBG Season 2 thread which led to this post.

As the rule stands, 79s are pretty much forbidden to ever play with any 70 who wants to be on the ladder, for fear of disqualifying them.

Edit: For the record I voted just to see the results. My vote should therefore be ignored since I’m not a 70, as per the rules.

Last edited:
This is comparable to WoD skirmish ladder. Back then you could queue lvl70+lvl79 in skirms and the lvl70 would gain rating as normal. Nobody really complained about it back then. The 79s (or 71+) just didn't get a spot on the ladder is all. And if someone played with higher levels a lot, everyone in the bracket knew who they were and that their rating wasn't "legit".

It should just be the same thing now. Allow 70s and 79s to play together, but exclude the 79s from the ladder.

It should just be the same thing now. Allow 70s and 79s to play together, but exclude the 79s from the ladder.

That seems to me to be the best option too, if like @Healium said you can't see what happens in the BG itself to better filter the results.

Also 79s are already excluded from the ladder, it's 70 only afaik (which is fine with me).

It's also pretty silly because you could just happen to queue up at the same time as some lvl79 twink and suddenly you're banned from the ladder?
'_>'

Thats not bannable. Only if youre invited or invite 79..... And tbh you cant compare WoD with BFA. 79 didnt mean anything in WoD everyone had same stats at 79. Additional abilities like Wings for a 72+ pally didnt mean anything as well if he wasnt good.

Only if youre invited or invite 79.....
So how do you know whether someone was invited or if he simply happened to be in the same BG?

And if you can tell the difference, what's stopping you from having your website add a negative score to that player's BG rating equal to the amount he just gained?

So how do you know whether someone was invited or if he simply happened to be in the same BG?

And if you can tell the difference, what's stopping you from having your website add a negative score to that player's BG rating equal to the amount he just gained?

Whats the difference then if i remove him for one season or give him negative score. Tracking is easy if you see 4x times same people , you just have to investigate over battlnet

Whats the difference then if i remove him for one season or give him negative score.
?
It's not a negative score. Let's say I played with Villians and that BG gave me +50. Then you can apparently tell that I was grouped with him and not accidentally in the same BG, so you can give my character -50 to effectively not count the BG I just played.

Tracking is easy if you see 4x times same people , you just have to investigate over battlnet
So you don't actually know. You just guess. I've had plenty of BGs before where I was not grouped with certain players but I'd get matched with them in BGs multiple times in a row. Are you saying that if a lvl70 finds himself in a BG alongside a 79 that he didn't mean to queue with, he should stop queueing to avoid potentially getting banned because of playing too many games with the same 79 while not grouped?

?
It's not a negative score. Let's say I played with Villians and that BG gave me +50. Then you can apparently tell that I was grouped with him and not accidentally in the same BG, so you can give my character -50 to effectively not count the BG I just played.

So you don't actually know. You just guess. I've had plenty of BGs before where I was not grouped with certain players but I'd get matched with them in BGs multiple times in a row. Are you saying that if a lvl70 finds himself in a BG alongside a 79 that he didn't mean to queue with, he should stop queueing to avoid potentially getting banned because of playing too many games with the same 79 while not grouped?
If you have 79s on battlenet and theyre qing with 70s friends you see it that all are in one grp . You dont know the quick join feature?
[doublepost=1551039182,1551039152][/doublepost]
Btw @villiansv, out of curiosity; Who is it that you want to queue with that you can't because of this rule?
It doesnt matter who he was

If you have 79s on battlenet and theyre qing with 70s friends you see it that all are in one grp . You dont know the quick join feature?
Yyyyes. So now that we know that your only way of knowing is by checking through battle.net

What's stopping people from just pressing ''Queue'' at the same time?

Btw @villiansv, out of curiosity; Who is it that you want to queue with that you can't because of this rule?

I'd rather not give their names without asking first, but it's a few of the usual 70 horde twinks you see about. I normally queue solo anyways 90% of the time, but decided to "jump the queue" today when I logged in, so I used the quick join feature in the friends list. After a couple of games one of them whispered me that while they'd love to keep me in the party, I had to leave or they'd get disqualified from the ladder. That's the first I heard of the rule - and hence the discussion that followed in this and the other thread.

To be honest, whatever the outcome it won't change my mostly solo queuing, but it's the principle of the thing where I'm not allowed to ever queue together with anyone playing in the ladder - which is constantly ongoing, from the looks of it.

?
I say it again for 4th time. I can't track people with who theyre playing every bg. I get reports of minimum 5 people and I investigate it 5 days a week if its true.

To be honest, whatever the outcome it won't change my mostly solo queuing, but it's the principle of the thing where I'm not allowed to ever queue together with anyone playing in the ladder - which is constantly ongoing, from the looks of it.
It's ok because apparently you can just press ''queue'' at the same time as your 70 friends and you'll end up in the same BG but not be counted as grouped so it's allowed.
[doublepost=1551039655,1551039624][/doublepost](I'm illustrating how weird this method of banning is btw)

It's ok because apparently you can just press ''queue'' at the same time as your 70 friends and you'll end up in the same BG but not be counted as grouped so it's allowed.

Well yeah, most of the time there's only 1 BG at a time going on on EU so we usually end up in the same one regardless.

Reactions: Fx
[doublepost=1551039655,1551039624][/doublepost](I'm illustrating how weird this method of banning is btw)
Yes thats possible. But the chance to join in isnt 100% anymore.
[doublepost=1551040366][/doublepost]Nevertheless the community decides it now and I'm down for any result I'm working only for my bracket and not against. I know that you might not understand but someone must be the bad guy

Users who are viewing this thread