Level 70 Mage

Tonkks

Tônks
Hey guys! As many of you know i have twinked at 19 since BC and i have a 2k level 70 rogue that i used to play (Tonkks). I wish to get back in the bracket.... As a mage! My main has always been a mage and i am in the process of rerolling one to play at 70. I guess im just asking for any links of current players (pref BiS link) with gems/enchants etc. i have been out of the bracket a while and see many things have changed. Thanks in advance guys!

So i checked out the two builds and.. It wasnt what i expected to see. No Eng trinket, lots of stam gems, and some BC gems. Do they just scale down to the same thing? (Sorry on phone) why use glove reinforcements? Maybe he is just logged off in a different set or is this how mages really gem/chant now? Thanks in advance!

Hey guys! It's Valdius here.

To answer your question, that is my arena set. I believe my two trinkets are the best for an arena mage, since I can use the on use trinket at the same time as a mana gem, and get the 150SP + 225SP (and more mana from mana gem =D ) I have a set with 12k, 50% haste, 1400-1500 SP static with tons of procs to get to 2k SP. But that is useless in arena because I die too quick, resilience is so bad now, that stamina is the best for damage mitigation.

For example... Something you will see EVERY SINGLE good prot pally do is [1] Avenger's Shield (7k crit), [2] Harsh Words (7k crit), [3] Gnomish Lightning Generator (1.5k crit). That is 15.5k of burst is one second....Since prot pallys have a high crit chance(gemming full crit with 3 reds for meta), and a relatively low cool down on all of those moves, if you don't have 17k+ HP, you are toast.

If I am in a rated battleground however...... Depending on the situation, I may just put on my full offensive set and just hang behind the lines, but when I get to the roof to defend flag in an arena type situation, you need more HP.

Sorry for the long post, but I struggled vs prot pallys in arenas for a long time, and it was because I was too stubborn to get more hp... I didn't want to sacrifice offense, but it's no good if you are dead! I do way better vs prot pallys AND rogues... But please, Don't get me started on rogues, I'd rather not =P

I'll log off in my more BG oriented set though so you can see that (and yes... the wand and OH is better than staff in bgs in every single way statistically except stamina, unless you need the hit from grand mag staff of torrents)

and about some of the gems Don Julio's Heart - Game Guide - World of Warcraft Kailee's Rose - Game Guide - World of Warcraft Falling Star - Game Guide - World of Warcraft

They are the best out of BGs, but do not scale up. Brilliant Cardinal Ruby - Game Guide - World of Warcraft is +10 intell out of bgs, +20 in.

And disregard my orc mage on Thrall... He is FAR from done.

Last edited by a moderator:
TYVM guys. Very helpful

Vlad- do you think JC + figurine is better than engineering and all that it can offer? thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread