Level 20 F2P twinking, the info thread

Medan

OG
Check out this thread: http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/free-play/22749-free-play-20-twinking-you.html

(To make this go even more viral we need a info thread, so please help out with this :) )

- If you don't like that I take facts or things you found or anything you contributed to F2P and put it in one thread (this) to make it easier for people to find, just let me know and I can remove it

"Beta" More to come

What you need to know about level 20 F2P twinking

- F2P means Free to play, and is NOT on a private server

- Trials will NOT expire

- WSG's are already popping as frequently as they are for 19 twinks due to many people outside these forums are doing trial, and that will never stop

- All US and EU players can play on the same server/region.

- If your US you can make a lvl 20 twink on your normal account, just follow the F2P limitations and there wont be any drama (more fun if you make a trial though)

- No bad connection for EU players playing on US relm

Some sharp heads found a US server, Aerie Peak, that has good connection even for EU players. If your an EU player, be sure to make an US trial on the US wow page.

Ps, all I know are rolling on ALLIANCE side so far

- Short time to gear your twink to the max!

F2P players gear is limited to quest items and dungeon drops.

Trial accounts can not interact with auction house nor trade so it is not possible to have your gear enchanted by another or buy BOE items.

You can however craft your own gear and enchant your own gear up to a skill max of 100 (+ racial)

- This is a level 20 F2P thing. If you want to be accepted you need to abide by F2P limitations

You can either make a trial account or not enhance your gear in any way that is not possible on a trial account (no enchants or gear that require a higher skill level then 100 and no BOE items) - If you happen to actually get a BOE item in a dungeon that you would like to use, screen shoot it!

- We will comunicate using a channel that I think Hiidden/ Atychiphobia made: /join f2ptwink (when your on it just write "/chatlist f2ptwink", then you find whos on it. Add them all to friends list and once they have added you you can send whispers to each other (just write that in-game on Aerie Peak Alliance and your in the channel) They are also working on a xfire ingame chat

- Changing your wow from EU to US

I have no fucking idea TBH, can someone help me out? Ill edit it in my post

Download a trial (or a whole wow) from the trial page (again, be sure its the US version)

- If it dosn't matter to you what server you will trial on, Id suggest going on Aerie Peak since this is where all the EU players will go. We can do wargames then etc

Q and A

Q: Why F2P lvl 20 twinking?

A: Because of its gear/enchant limitations the burst is no way near as high as other brackets, it is much more balanced between classes and everyone from EU and US gathering on the same server makes wargames etc easy to setup.

Q: "You guys mentioned something about banishing/ignoring level 24s like 60s do to 64s... how does this work? "

A: "Refuse to heal them. Gank them. Etc. Worse come to worse...we war game? It's all the same server. "

Professions guide for F2P

First Im going to start with skinning and leatherworking.

EDIT: If your hardcore and want 24 more armor on your twink you should grind boars SOUTHPARK style til you ding lvl 10 or something, then go dungeons:)

After I get 3 light leather and can make 3 Light armor kit (for gloves, pants and boots) I will drop both and get mining and enchanting.

Light armor kit is learnable immediately when you get leatherworking so that wont take long at all.

Second I will get mining and enchanting (like I mentioned over), and I will keep this all the way until I have enchanted all my BIS items (need 90 enchanting for this). Then I will drop enchanting and pick up engineering so I can use Rough Copper Bomb

Getting enchanting to 90 will be the toughest I think, but as long as you disenchant every green and blue item you get from quests and instance drops (exept the ones you need ofc!) it wont be that hard at all.

I chose to end it with mining and engineering because mining gives me 1 stam (WOW) and engineering gives me bombs that can incapacitate someone for 1 sek (its good because it can interrupt a caster)

Enchants and other stuff available to F2P. Ps, you need to be enchanter and enchant your own gear to get it, same with the other(but you can drop enchanting once you have done it)

Courtesy of Pinochet:

pinochet said:
Intro:

This is, to the best of my knowledge, a comprehensive guide to the combat-useful profession benefits available to a f2p. Feel free to note omissions, etc., in the comments. Some of these profs I only researched on wowhead, so there are bound to be a few errors.

Note that (passive) or (req. eng), etc., indicates that one must keep the profession in order to maintain the benefit; all other items can be applied to gear or stockpiled in a bank, and the profession dropped for something else. Similarly, (world drop) indicates an item that is difficult to farm, and (gnome only), etc., indicates something that is available to only one race due to a racial or a selective vendor.

Alchemy (100):

Mixology (passive): doubles the duration of elixirs, increases most(all?) elixirs by +2 stats, and minor fortitude from 27 to 42 hp.

Rage Potion: ~30 rage clicky

Holy Protection Potion: absorbs ~400 holy damage

Elixir of Minor Fortitude: +27 hp, guard

Elixir of Lion's Strength: +4 str, battle

Elixir of Minor Agility (world drop): +4 agi, battle

Elixir of Wisdom: +6 int, battle

Elixir of Giant Growth (barrens zone drop): +8 str, battle

Swiftness Potion (world drop): clicky sprint

Lesser Healing Potion: strictly inferior to purchased Healing Potion, but craftable in unlimited quantity.

Fun stuff: Swim Speed Potion, Elixir of Water Breathing

Blacksmithing (100):

Coarse Sharpening Stone: +3 weap damage imbue

Coarse Weightstone: +3 weap damage imbue

Thick Bronze Darts: 2 str thrown -- BiS contender for alliance rogues using crippling thrown

Fun stuff: Silver Skeleton Key

Heavy Copper Longsword - back-sheathed (Courtesy of Solvogero )

Enchanting (100):

Minor Wizard Oil: +7 int imbue

Enchant Bracer - Minor Stamina: +1 sta

Enchant Bracer - Minor Deflection: +2 dodge

Enchant Bracer - Minor Agility: +1 agi

Enchant Bracer - Minor Spirit (world drop): +1 spi

Enchant Bracer - Minor Strength (world drop): +1 str

Enchant Chest - Lesser Health: +15 health

Enchant Chest - Lesser Mana (horde only): +20 mana

Enchant Weapon - Minor Striking: +1 weap damage

Enchant 2H Weapon - Minor Impact: +2 weap damange

Enchant 2H Weapon - Lesser Intellect: +3 int

Enchant Cloak - Minor Resistance: +1 resist all

Enchant Cloak - Minor Protection: +10 armor

Enchant Cloak - Minor Agility(blood elf only): +1 agi -- NOTE: requires Runed Silver Rod from BS

Enchant Shield - Minor Stamina (blood elf only): +1 sta

Engineering (100)

Flying Tiger Goggles (req. eng): 4 sta 4 spi head

Rough Copper Bomb (req. eng): 1 sec incapacitate bomb

Large Copper Bomb (req. eng, gnome only): 1 sec incapacitate bomb, 50 dmg instead of 26

Ez-Thro Dynamite (world drop): 60 AoE dmg, no incapacitate, no engineering requirement

Coarse Dynamite: Same damage as above, fewer mats, does have engineering requirement.

Crude Scope: +1 gun/bow dmg

Standard Scope (gnome only): +2 gun/bow dmg, obtainable to non-gnomes through Box of Assorted Parts

Fun stuff: Mechanical Squirrel Box, Target Dummy, Small Seaforium Charge

Herbalism (100):

Lifeblood (req. herb): 15 haste clicky

Inscription (100):

Note that scrolls can be applied both to self and others.

Scroll of Stamina II: +5 sta, guard

Scroll of Intellect II: +5 int, battle

Scroll of Spirit II: +5 spi, battle

Scroll of Agility II: +5 agi, battle

Scroll of Strength II: +5 str, battle

Mystic Tome: 7 int offhand

Fun Stuff: Scroll of Recall, Mysterious Tarot

Jewelcrafting (100):

Brilliant Necklace: 1 sta 2 int 2 spi 2 agi 2 str -- possible BiS neck for many casters

Thick Bronze Necklace: 3 sta -- possible BiS neck for many casters

Coarse Stone Statue: heals 180hp over 12 sec

Heavy Stone Statue (draenei only): heals 400hp over 16 sec

Leatherworking (100):

Medium Armor Kit: +16 armor on 3 slots

Mining (100):

Toughness (passive): +3 sta

Skinning (100):

Master of Anatomy (passive): +3 crit

Tailoring (100):

Fun Stuff: Brown Linen Shirt, Blue Linen Shirt, Red Linen Shirt, Green Linen Shirt, Gray Woolen Shirt, Blue Overalls

Cooking (375):

Tasty Lion Steak: +8 sta +8 spi food buff

Heavy Crocolisk Stew (horde only): +8 sta +8 spi food buff

Smoked Sagefish: +4 mp5 food buff

Thistle Tea: +100 energy clicky for rogues

Fishing (375):

Lucky Fishing Hat: 15 sta head

Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat: +3 sta +3 spi head

Rumsey Rum Black Label: +15 sta food buff

Stendel's Wedding Band: 5 crit ring

Swiftness Potion: clicky sprint, drops from fishing and from daily

Fun Stuff: Strand Crawler, Recipe: Captain Rumsey's Lager, Sea Turtle

Note that there is no minimum skill for fishing from pools, and thus for obtaining Fishing Hat from STV event, but 100 skill will allow Find Fish to be learned, which helps substantially.

First Aid (225):

Heavy Silk Bandage: heals 640hp/8sec

Mageweave Bandage: heals 800hp/8sec, difficult to farm

Anti-Venom: removes crippling poison and serpent sting, consumable

(Archaeology is not available to F2P)

Leveling Advice:

By all means, feel free to disregard this and level your professions in any order you please. However, I recommend making a plan on paper in order to avoid sticky situations, such as being stuck at 98/100 LW with an un-droppable ENG.

Model leveling plan (for a hypothetical priest):

- level with SKIN+ENCH, bank leather and mats

- drop ENCH for LW, level to armor kits and stockpile

- drop LW for ENCH, DE greens

- make sure you have 6 light leather banked for goggles

- drop all profs, pick up MINE+JC

- level JC to 75, craft necks

- check for gem/leather mats for goggles, prospect and skin if necessary

- drop JC for ENCH, DE greens

- use banked mats to max ENCH using vellums, stockpile enchants and oils

- check for gem/leather mats for goggles, prospect and skin if necessary

- drop JC for ENG, craft bombs, goggles

- drop MINE for HERB for lifeblood

Modify to suit your needs, but notice that we never had a crafting prof without the accompanying gathering prof, and ended with the desired passives. Cool story bro.

Will be contribooting myself. Easy on the formatting. A bit hard on the eyes.

Thanks for the mention a few times in there.

We will need:

FAQ Thread

Itemizing Threads (BiS)

Professions Threads (Guides, this is huge considering our limitations)

Opinion said:
We will need:

FAQ Thread

Itemizing Threads (BiS)

Professions Threads (Guides, this is huge considering our limitations)

Yeah, Glancealot made a really good rogue item guide that I dont think he wil mind that I put up. I also made a mage gear guide that Ill put up. Do you have any?

I was thinking in the end; 2 stickied threads + a subsection in the guides section for 20-24.

If anyone can comment, how do we feel about banning BoAs completely? I just feel like it'll turn back into what 15-19 was.

FAQ/Welcome

Rules

Opinion said:
I was thinking in the end; 2 stickied threads + a subsection in the guides section for 20-24.

If anyone can comment, how do we feel about banning BoAs completely? I just feel like it'll turn back into what 15-19 was.

FAQ/Welcome

Rules

Meh, going too harcore with rules will just kill things imo. BoAs really aren't the problem with 19s, it's enchants and trial restrictions solve that.

Rivfader said:
Meh, going too harcore with rules will just kill things imo. BoAs really aren't the problem with 19s, it's enchants and trial restrictions solve that.

Ye, my rogue's BIS list dosn't even have any BOA's on it and BOA's open up for some specs/ classes that wont find those items on normal gear (although 42 spellpower on BOA weapon sounds like a lot)

Just don't want the ol' argument. But I guess if we feel, you earn em' you get em', then I can't argue.

Opinion said:
Just don't want the ol' argument. But I guess if we feel, you earn em' you get em', then I can't argue.

theres a big difference between a BoA with 15 agi/22 int/sader and one without. I honestly don't see it as anywhere near gamebreaking since you can't slap the enchants on em.

edit: it would be bad form though for people to run full BoAs right off the bat with live accounts, takes away from the whole f2p challenge.

But have you ever gone into a XP On BG and seen the difference between a BoA and Non BoA toon? Granted, it is only a few hundred hp, it's a noticeably difference, enchanted or not.

I was probably only going to get the Insig.

Opinion said:
But have you ever gone into a XP On BG and seen the difference between a BoA and Non BoA toon? Granted, it is only a few hundred hp, it's a noticeably difference, enchanted or not.

I was probably only going to get the Insig.

Those people with BoAs generally take the time to buy gear off the AH and slap cheap enchants on greens and such. Plus, every BAR has sader on it. If you actually compare BoA weapons (speaking meleé here) they're on an even keel with stockade and BFD gear.

To me, it feels like using BoAs discourages players from creating a F2Ptwink due to imbalance.

It's probably not a huge upgrade, but that hasn't stopped people in the past.

I honestly don't see what wrong with using the normal gear anyways, seems fine to me.

PureCraft said:
To me, it feels like using BoAs discourages players from creating a F2Ptwink due to imbalance.

It's probably not a huge upgrade, but that hasn't stopped people in the past.

I honestly don't see what wrong with using the normal gear anyways, seems fine to me.

I dunno, I know for my rogue if I want a MH weap that isn't a dagger and isn't shit then I need to get lucky with a BFD zone drop or turn honor into jp into venerable dal'rend's sacred charge

edit: same thing with enh shammies, their options are severely limited outside of BoAs. That's why it would be great for people to roll f2p though because it removes the temptation of grabbing them early.

Rivfader said:
I dunno, I know for my rogue if I want a MH weap that isn't a dagger and isn't shit then I need to get lucky with a BFD zone drop or turn honor into jp into venerable dal'rend's sacred charge

edit: same thing with enh shammies, their options are severely limited outside of BoAs. That's why it would be great for people to roll f2p though because it removes the temptation of grabbing them early.

As far as I know, twinks have had to work with what they had from the start.

Might as well be the same situation.

PureCraft said:
As far as I know, twinks have had to work with what they had from the start.

Might as well be the same situation.

That's kinda the point though, I think people should be able to work twoards them from the start. Granted it's cheesy if someone rolls a full BoA 20 on a live account, but I'd like to be able to work twoards them on my trial. That's why I'm not in support of a blanket ban, I just think that even people playing on live accounts should treat their toons as trials, restrictions and all.

Users who are viewing this thread