EU+US Level 1s cant loot Tasty Fish using Fishing Toy during Fishing Tourney but..

Winterly

Level 1 Hunter
Hey guys, just tested to see if level 1's could potentially win and get some rewards during the Fishing Extravaganza using https://www.wowhead.com/item=168016/hyper-compressed-ocean. While fishing with the toy in the pools my level 1 got no https://classic.wowhead.com/item=19807/speckled-tastyfish. I’m assuming since we actually don’t have fishing trained we can’t see the fish because it’s technically for the world quest.

BUT I do genuinely believe we can get the three rare fish (since they don’t say they’re a quest item) from the pools during the 2 hours that it’s active.

Credit to @ohti for helping me figure stuff out!

*Ive updated this because I had wrong information on it*

Last edited:
How long did you fish? I wonder if it's similar to when the contest is "over" and pools don't give loot... but you can technically keep-trying for a "rare" fish?
Yeah. That's what I'm doing right now. The empty loot is just where Tastyfish would be if the event was still happening, you can still get the rare fish.

How long did you fish? I wonder if it's similar to when the contest is "over" and pools don't give loot... but you can technically keep-trying for a "rare" fish?
I only fished 2 pools, or 2 toys worth from 4:00 to 4:15 (when it typically ends). I didn't think about fishing after the contest was over, during that 1-2 hours of trying to get the rare fish.

I only fished 2 pools, or 2 toys worth from 4:00 to 4:15 (when it typically ends). I didn't think about fishing after the contest was over, during that 1-2 hours of trying to get the rare fish.
You should try for the rares. I'd wager LFH would be bis for level ones yeah? If not really solid.

Yeah. That's what I'm doing right now. The empty loot is just where Tastyfish would be if the event was still happening, you can still get the rare fish.
Next Sunday, after all the 50 winners have won, ill see if I can get any loot in the pools for the chance at a rare fish.
[doublepost=1581893619,1581893585][/doublepost]
You should try for the rares. I'd wager LFH would be bis for level ones yeah? If not really solid.
We can't use LFH, it requires a fishing skill of 1.

Users who are viewing this thread