EU+US Level 19 or 20 twink? what's the diff?

Philminator

Grandfathered
So I'm FTP in 30 days. I want to know why most people twink at 19 and not 20? you get scaled to 29 anyways and the gear is not much better plus you get your mount and more skills. What are advantages at staying at 19? is 20 that bad with the scaling?

So I'm FTP in 30 days. I want to know why most people twink at 19 and not 20? you get scaled to 29 anyways and the gear is not much better plus you get your mount and more skills. What are advantages at staying at 19? is 20 that bad with the scaling?

You cannot twink as a 19 once u go F2P (or Vet). U cannot lock XP at 19 and continue to bg or arena once ur sub has lapsed. If u plan on going F2P/Vet then u can only do 20 twinking.

U can bg in the 10-19 bracket but only as a leveller would. Soon as u lock XP u won't be able to line up again.

U can only go 19 if u remain sub'd.

With regards to scaling at 20, no issues. U scale just like a 29 only u have a few less abilities.

Just a side note : if u go Vet once unsub'd ur professions will be a bit funky. U may want to check out some of the profession posts under the Vet section so u don't get caught out or disappointed.

F2P and linked F2P is fine with professions.

The current iteration of 19 twinking is horrible, and this is just from what I've seen in passing while leveling toons to 20. Not only are there fewer player abilities and special pet abilities than ever before, the merging of the bracket w/ levelers ensures that at least half of your team will be talentless and nearly slotless. Survival hunters and disc priests w/elixirs + potions predominate, along with druids that blitz past enemy teams in cat form/travel form. The history of 19 twinking has made the bracket itself a relic, and the bums who promote it now find playing in it rewarding.

The current iteration of 19 twinking is horrible, and this is just from what I've seen in passing while leveling toons to 20. Not only are there fewer player abilities and special pet abilities than ever before, the merging of the bracket w/ levelers ensures that at least half of your team will be talentless and nearly slotless. Survival hunters and disc priests w/elixirs + potions predominate, along with druids that blitz past enemy teams in cat form/travel form. The history of 19 twinking has made the bracket itself a relic, and the bums who promote it now find playing in it rewarding.

19s are in the greatest state they've been since Legion launch.

Pugs are shit but Wargames happen every day and are great fun.

Thank you so much guys, I didn't know you couldn't lock your XP on F2P. I will be subbing here and there but I'm just in a bad financial state right now. I will google Vet account as I have no idea what that is. I guess the bonus at 20 is you get your mount, and you get to do AV as well :)

I will be curious since FTP has a limit of 10g what will happen to my gold when my account is no longer subbed >< if it will lock my character from play. I'll have to look that up as well.

Last edited:
Thank you so much guys, I didn't know you couldn't lock your XP on F2P. I will be subbing here and there but I'm just in a bad financial state right now. I will google Vet account as I have no idea what that is. I guess the bonus at 20 is you get your mount, and you get to do AV as well :)

I will be curious since FTP has a limit of 10g what will happen to my gold when my account is no longer subbed >< if it will lock my character from play. I'll have to look that up as well.
Vet account basically means after your sub runs out you can still use any of your characters that are level 20 or less. The difference is because u have been sub'd u can put better enchants on your lvl 20's while sub'd and also you can get more transmog's by doing lvl 1 - 58 quests which can be used on ur 20's.

You can lock your XP while unsub'd if u pay the 10g but it'll stop u doing bg's and arena.

But make sure you unlock the XP on ur 20 twinks before your sub expires. Do not let sub expire if u have XP locked! It'll be a pain to sort out later.

And u still have a 10g limit as Vet. If u have more gold u won't be able to gain any more gold until u spend it all back to 10g.

U should have a look at some of the posts in the Veteran section of XPoff. Then, any questions just ask here. Best u get ur questions answered before ur sub expires.

Just roll fresh characters for when you're unsubbed. Most of your skills are had by level 16 and wsg gives shit xp. Load up on wands/whites before your sub runs out

PREACH!

I thought it was 1-57?
It's been a while since I've levelled a toon into Outland. I thought it was lvl 58. I guess it's every quest in the Old Kingdom, being Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. Once you get to Outland, the quests no longer award transmog gear for lvl 20's.

Though I have seen some toons with a cool green axe from Outland - http://www.wowhead.com/item=31062/torn-heart-axe-of-battle. Must be using @Feribb tool or something. Reason I know is I used to have a DK with that axe and I can't believe I've seen a few 20's with it :mad:

Thanks for the replies. Sorry it took me a while to respond. Google Chrome wouldn't let me sign in....Internet Explorer wouldn't let me reply so finally I found Firefox and it let me in and able to reply >< As many have mentioned due to being a freeloader soon it won't matter as I have to be at 20. Thanks for letting me know to unlock my XP before my account runs out otherwise I wouldn't be able to queue for BG's

20 ques are 1 hour to 10 years great pops

It's been a while since I've levelled a toon into Outland. I thought it was lvl 58. I guess it's every quest in the Old Kingdom, being Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. Once you get to Outland, the quests no longer award transmog gear for lvl 20's.

Though I have seen some toons with a cool green axe from Outland - http://www.wowhead.com/item=31062/torn-heart-axe-of-battle. Must be using @Feribb tool or something. Reason I know is I used to have a DK with that axe and I can't believe I've seen a few 20's with it :mad:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=31062/torn-heart-axe-of-battle isn't added to the list yet so i'm not sure if thats working.
Anyway, i will check if it can be mogged on a level 20 with my tool. Here is the list with tested gear that shold work with my tool: www.feribschat.eu/test/

Users who are viewing this thread