Level 14 Warrior, questions about it

Fabrishire

Grandfathered
First of all, thanks for all the help in getting me started, i have got half of the BiS on my lvl 10 mage and one-shotting dungeon mobs, and it's all thanks to your suggestions and guides :D
Unfortunately there is no lvl 14 twinking guide yet, but i've read that the benefits are many (Relic gear, lvl 19-20 gear but great scaling, warrior dual weilding).
So i have several questions:

1) Compared to a lvl 10 the scaling is obviously worse, but is it so much worse that the extra gear and sockets don't make up for it? Speaking in terms of PvE mainly, but PvP can also be an argument.
2) I'd like to warrior lvl 14 mainly because of dual weilding two 3-socketed two handers, which alone would be a huge power boost. Not to mention the cogwheel sockets and relic of the past gear. Is this a bigger power boost than Legion BoE's at lvl 10? It surely is easier to acquire, but still.
3) What race? Mechagnome's passive stat buff stacks up to 10 AT ALL LEVELS, so 10 strenght for basically free is huge at level 14, let alone lvl 10. But i'm tempted to go Human to get the %increase of all secondary stats, which are bound to be many given the load of gems i'll socket. Or maybe there's an amazing food that'd benefit immensly from pandaren's buff? I can't tell which is best
4) While lvl 10 brackets will be a thing, will this lvl 14 twink be able to find bgs or generally PvP opportunities? Or is it gonna be stuck in waiting times and just be good for PvE?
5) Is there a program or site to "plan" a twink gear and build? Something where i manually place the items in the gear slots, set the level and see what stats or damage it would give would be amazing, but anything helps!

I guess that's it for now, thanks in advance for any help and sorry if i haven't been clear in some questions!

1) 14s are not as great as 10s because of the scaling with the recent OP gear and the fact that enemies are a lot weaker at level 10 versus a player at that level. 14s however do get a few more abilities (i.e. Titan's Grip) at 14 and a lot more gearing options with Relic of the Past I.

2) Dual Welding Hatebringer sounds fun, just be aware that the drop chance on it is 13% and I think that is high considering. You also need to ensure you are in the right Loot Spec for it to drop for you (Arms or Fury) not Prot. Legion BoEs are not that great the stats get scaled down and are pretty much the same as any other dungeon blue. Your best bet is TBC socket and/or set bonus gear.

3) Race is total dependent on your play style, Draenei for self heals, Light-Forged for burst damage spell, Kul Tiran for knockback stun. It seems every race has a benefit for warriors, so it's up to what you like. I chose Dark Iron for the dispell /15 strength boost spell.

4) Because XP off is in its own bracket from leveler BGs, 14's will not be able to get into BGs. World PvP, dungeons and achievements are where most none 20s spend their time. Smashing through random dungeons with a PUG trying to keep up can be extremely satisfying.

5) With the recent level squish, stat squish, tool tip bugs, there is not a character planner out there that is correct. Your best bet is to use the in-game dungeon guide and plan out your gear list. Then if you're into numbers spend some time in dungeons with Recount running since scaling makes a big difference with damage output compared to others. Also you can practice rotations on the dummies.

Here is my 14 Warrior for you to look at, only thing I am currently working on is Firelands rep for an epic one-hander and a rare socket legion ring with secondary stats.
Bedrock 14 Prot Warrior

Last edited:
1) 14s are not as great as 10s because of the scaling with the recent OP gear and the fact that enemies are a lot weaker at level 10 versus a player at that level. 14s however do get a few more abilities (i.e. Titan's Grip) at 14 and a lot more gearing options with Relic of the Past I.

2) Dual Welding Hatebringer sounds fun, just be aware that the drop chance on it is 13% and I think that is high considering. You also need to ensure you are in the right Loot Spec for it to drop for you (Arms or Fury) not Prot. Legion BoEs are not that great the stats get scaled down and are pretty much the same as any other dungeon blue. Your best bet is TBC socket and/or set bonus gear.

3) Race is total dependent on your play style, Draenei for self heals, Light-Forged for burst damage spell, Kul Tiran for knockback stun. It seems every race has a benefit for warriors, so it's up to what you like. I chose Dark Iron for the dispell /15 strength boost spell.

4) Because XP off is in its own bracket from leveler BGs, 14's will not be able to get into BGs. World PvP, dungeons and achievements are where most none 20s spend their time. Smashing through random dungeons with a PUG trying to keep up can be extremely satisfying.

5) With the recent level squish, stat squish, tool tip bugs, there is not a character planner out there that is correct. Your best bet is to use the in-game dungeon guide and plan out your gear list. Then if you're into numbers spend some time in dungeons with Recount running since scaling makes a big difference with damage output compared to others. Also you can practice rotations on the dummies.

Here is my 14 Warrior for you to look at, only thing I am currently working on is Firelands rep for an epic one-hander and a rare socket legion ring with secondary stats.
Bedrock 14 Prot Warrior
You were IMMENSELY helpful, thank you so much! Your answers are practically encompassing :D
1) I know that, i was wondering if the huge amount of better gear/sockets and (in some cases abilities) made the gap still huge or if the difference in power in PvE is negligible.
2) Yup, that's the weapon xD Drop chance is not an issue once the twink is able to solo the dungeon i think (and fury + tankiness should provide plenty of sustain). So TBC gear with socket is obviously a BiS, but what about the slots that aren't covered this way? Any Relic of the Past guide or list of best candidates?
3) I was looking at Wowhead in terms of racial scaling, but i'm not too tempted from long CD racials. I guess a Fury Warrior should either go full strenght/haste or Stamina/Armor maybe in terms of gems, so i was looking at some racials to increase that (but again, only humans seem to have significant boons from raw secondary stats). Mechagnome is a flat +10 major stat, so that was the appeal.
4) That's a bummer, so i guess i'll have to make an opposite faction dude to find more opponents to smash in the world! Do you gain honor from killing at these levels in world PvP? or is it just for fun at these levels? I'm mainly a gold farmer, so anything that can yeld profit is preferred :V
5) I see, i'll keep using wowhead and this site's guides once they are online.

Thanks again, you rock!

In the end i went for Highmountain Tauren, since i love taurens, it's the opposite faction of a mainly-ally server, and its bonus versatility + FLAT damage reduction that scales on Stamina were very tempting.

Now i can't decide what to socket in. Keep in mind that my main focus is PvE, World PvP can be taken into account but it's not high priority. These were my main ideas:
1) Strenght + Haste: The idea is to make Bloodthirst have as little cooldown as possible. This way i could heal 3% max health each 3 second, and generate plenty of fury for raw damage. This however is the build least synergizing with Hihmountain, both because it doesn't buff the flat damage reduction and the versatility bonus is wasted.
2) Strenght + Versatility: This seems the most balanced approach, since it gives both high damage and increases the heal/resistance of my fury warrior. Not to mention 1%+ versatility here doesn't go to waste (even if it's not much of a bonus)
3) Stamina + Armor: This would be the best build in terms of raw stats (+6 Stamina and +4 armor on EVERY socket and two 3 socket weapons? yes please!), and Highmountain's flat damage reduction could get to spectacular levels for a lowbie twink. My only concern is if the damage and strenght trade-off is worth near immortality (it probably is? Or with a single Leech piece maybe it's better to go raw damage?).

Thanks again in advance for any tips!

In the end i went for Highmountain Tauren, since i love taurens, it's the opposite faction of a mainly-ally server, and its bonus versatility + FLAT damage reduction that scales on Stamina were very tempting.

Now i can't decide what to socket in. Keep in mind that my main focus is PvE, World PvP can be taken into account but it's not high priority. These were my main ideas:
1) Strenght + Haste: The idea is to make Bloodthirst have as little cooldown as possible. This way i could heal 3% max health each 3 second, and generate plenty of fury for raw damage. This however is the build least synergizing with Hihmountain, both because it doesn't buff the flat damage reduction and the versatility bonus is wasted.
2) Strenght + Versatility: This seems the most balanced approach, since it gives both high damage and increases the heal/resistance of my fury warrior. Not to mention 1%+ versatility here doesn't go to waste (even if it's not much of a bonus)
3) Stamina + Armor: This would be the best build in terms of raw stats (+6 Stamina and +4 armor on EVERY socket and two 3 socket weapons? yes please!), and Highmountain's flat damage reduction could get to spectacular levels for a lowbie twink. My only concern is if the damage and strenght trade-off is worth near immortality (it probably is? Or with a single Leech piece maybe it's better to go raw damage?).

Thanks again in advance for any tips!

Just my advice:
You want the best stats possible which for a warrior who will probably be soloing a lot is +4 armor +6 stamina gems, then for damage and heals just put Crusader on both Hatebringers and enchant your gear for haste>strength>stamina.

You also need to ensure you are in the right Loot Spec for it to drop for you (Arms or Fury) not Prot.

If you're getting legacy-run it's just flat out random so spec wont matter then, however.

On that note, is normal group looting the same as legacy? I mean, do two items drop no matter what and if it happens to be your spec you (may) get loot in a normal run? And if not... you get gold? I've never paid enough attention, anyone ever see more than 2 people get loot from any boss in a normal dungeon run since the loot rules became what they are now? (barring the weekly bonus of bosses dropping an extra item)

First of all, thanks for all the help in getting me started, i have got half of the BiS on my lvl 10 mage and one-shotting dungeon mobs, and it's all thanks to your suggestions and guides :D
Unfortunately there is no lvl 14 twinking guide yet, but i've read that the benefits are many (Relic gear, lvl 19-20 gear but great scaling, warrior dual weilding).
So i have several questions:

1) Compared to a lvl 10 the scaling is obviously worse, but is it so much worse that the extra gear and sockets don't make up for it? Speaking in terms of PvE mainly, but PvP can also be an argument.
2) I'd like to warrior lvl 14 mainly because of dual weilding two 3-socketed two handers, which alone would be a huge power boost. Not to mention the cogwheel sockets and relic of the past gear. Is this a bigger power boost than Legion BoE's at lvl 10? It surely is easier to acquire, but still.
3) What race? Mechagnome's passive stat buff stacks up to 10 AT ALL LEVELS, so 10 strenght for basically free is huge at level 14, let alone lvl 10. But i'm tempted to go Human to get the %increase of all secondary stats, which are bound to be many given the load of gems i'll socket. Or maybe there's an amazing food that'd benefit immensly from pandaren's buff? I can't tell which is best
4) While lvl 10 brackets will be a thing, will this lvl 14 twink be able to find bgs or generally PvP opportunities? Or is it gonna be stuck in waiting times and just be good for PvE?
5) Is there a program or site to "plan" a twink gear and build? Something where i manually place the items in the gear slots, set the level and see what stats or damage it would give would be amazing, but anything helps!

I guess that's it for now, thanks in advance for any help and sorry if i haven't been clear in some questions!

I don't know how scaling is at 14, haven't checked it yet. If you're able to do stratholme maybe double rivendare would be a good bet too, depends on what stats you're going for. At least for higher levels I know it's very strong.
[doublepost=1605701840,1605701775][/doublepost]
Just my advice:
You want the best stats possible which for a warrior who will probably be soloing a lot is +4 armor +6 stamina gems, then for damage and heals just put Crusader on both Hatebringers and enchant your gear for haste>strength>stamina.

Can't stack vers that high at 14?

Users who are viewing this thread