Level 10 Twink Guide

Slice

Legend
Hello and welcome to my guide on all things 10s! Here I will be providing as much information as I can on how to make a 10 twink and what to do once you have made one. Enjoy!

Index:
0 - Choosing your class
1 - Leveling to 10
2 - Locking your XP
3 - World PvP gear
4 - Battleground gear
5 - Lucky Fishing Hat
6 - Transmog
7 - Guild

* Green = Correct information
* Red = Some incorrect information (only applies to the index, not the titles)

0 - Choosing your class

My personal recommendations: Outlaw rogue, discipline priest, restoration shaman, feral druid.

More coming soon.

-------------------------------------------

1 - Leveling to 10

Leveling to 10 is of course the first step in your 10 twink journey after you have chosen your class. I mainly play Alliance so I am very familiar with the Murloc spot in Goldshire, Elwynn Forest which is shown below:
8420a2540f0f4e4790cb6ee0e9577f07.png

This spot is very efficient, all you need to do is continuously farm these murlocs until you hit level 10.

Horde on the other hand is rather more complicated so currently I advise either doing starting quests until 10 or if you can find a spot with many mobs level 5+ then continuously farm those until you hit level 10. I will update this in the future once I have more information on the issue.

2 - Locking your XP

Locking your XP is necessary to prevent you from leveling up. It costs 10 gold to lock your XP and you can do so in Stormwind (Alliance) and Orgrimmar (Horde). You should approach the NPCs and right click them to lock your XP. The locations of these NPCs are shown on the maps below.

Alliance -
d88454a80aa544379cb4aa8fc04b1989.png

Horde -
3267d35b9bbb432399e6fa341cf0fead.png

3 - World PvP gear

This is the gear you should be using in world pvp/duels, please refer to section 5 for the gear to use in battlegrounds/arenas.

BG Gear - When you win a BG (battleground) you will be rewarded with a Crate of Battlefield Goods (you must currently be in a group with a level 15+ and queue for a random BG in order to be rewarded with this). These crates contain iLvl 18 gear which is BiS (Best in Slot) for 4 slots which are listed below. BG gear comes in different stats variants such as "...of the Aurora", this is the variant that you will want as it gives versatility which is a very key stat for level 10 twinks.

Helm - Green Tinted Goggles
Neck - Versatility Heirloom + Gift of Versatility
Shoulder - Heirloom + Greater Inscription (depends on class/spec)
Cloak - Heirloom + Gift of Versatility
Chest - BG + Greater Versatility
Bracer - BG + Major Versatility
Gloves - Ceremonial Leather Gloves + Major Agility/Greater Haste (depends on class/spec)
Belt - Captain Sanders' Sash
Legs - BG
Boots - BG + Minor Speed
Ring1 - BG + Gift of Versatility
Ring2 - The 1 Ring + Gift of Versatility
Trinket1 - Defending Champion
Trinket2 - Touch of the Void
Weapon - BG + Elemental Force/Heartsong (depends on class/spec)​

4 - Battleground gear

In instanced PVP (battlegrounds and arena) your average item level increases your stats. You should be using all of the gear from section 3 however you should change the gear in the slots referenced below. Here is a list of items you can use to boost your ilvl:

Helm - Heirloom/Lucky Fishing Hat (if you are a cloth wearer)
Neck - Problem Solving Pendant
Legs - Tuxedo Pans (if you are a cloth wearer)
Ring1 - The Rock
Ring2 - The Rock
Trinket1 - Minor Recombolulator
Trinket2 - Minor Recombolulator​

-------------------------------------------​

5 - Lucky Fishing Hat

*This event is currently suspended by Blizzard*
Coming soon. For now please refer to @Sponsor's guide: https://xpoff.com/threads/stv-fishing-tourny-a-guide-for-low-level-tinks.48773/.

6 - Transmog

Here is a link to my list of 10s transmogs: https://xpoff.com/threads/10s-transmog-list.69023/. Simply click on the screenshot to see what it looks like and then click on the armoury to see the pieces used. In order to see the piece the item is transmogged to, hover over the pink corner (as shown below).
6aedf251bd534f0b876a2cd7b654f2f3.png

7 - Guild
If you are interested in joining a guild then please visit the thread I created about my guild: https://xpoff.com/threads/top-tens-new-10-twink-guild.68621/#post-991440. If you would like to join the guild then add my battletag: Abysmal#2391 (EU). We are fully funding twinks on Outland Alliance!

Thank you for reading. I hope this guide has been helpful for you and if you have any questions or if there is anything that can be fixed/updated on my thread (or added) then please comment below!

Last edited:
Hey man just rushed one half feral druid from this guide on my usual server i've never had so much fun. I would like to join you on outland could you accept my add.

Great! Sure, I am out right now but when I am home I will accept you.
thanks man at first i was so confused on how it would work out but i was crushing people. i'd love to work on the finished product i basically gathered all the ilvl boosting items i could and joined a bg so it must be even better when you make it to full build.

Took me a while to work out how to edit the thread considering the glitch that continuously signs me out...

I have now updated the ilvl section (cloak, chests, weapons)

Next I will be updating enchants will the BiS versatility enchants and non-bg gear with BiS versatility gear (e.g. captain sanders' sash / barbaric cloth gloves)

Users who are viewing this thread