EU+US Level 10 Rogue Gear

Awkwyrd

Legend
* note: added ilevel information for upcoming BG changes

This is a gear list for 10 rogues. Other Agility classes can also use it, obviously, but it's intended for rogues. I have a rogue but I don't claim to know everything or anything. Thanks to DeLindsay, tiera, Sponsor, and DetErMegJostein for their direct contributions.

For this list I am not including stuff you can no longer get. You can't get it so why worry? I do want to mention enchants but those I'm weak on and would appreciate input on that. As far as stats go I'm considering Agility (AGI) and Stamina (ST) as main stats with Versatility (VRS), Critical Strike (CRT), Haste (HST), Multistrike (MSK), Armor (AR), Dodge (DGE), and PvP Resilience (PVPR) in that order as secondary stats. (Note: the CRT cap for PvE is 45. After that stack HST) In PvE Versatility is less valuable and Resilience doesn't help at all. I consider the stats as they are and not how they scale in battlegrounds and arenas. I mostly gank higher levels around Azeroth so that's what's important to me.

Head
Stained Shadowcraft Cap - 8 AR - 4 AGI, 6 ST, 6 HST (heirloom)
Lucky Fishing Hat - 9 AR - 15 ST (check out that stam!!!) ilevel 40
Flying Tiger Goggles - 6 AR - 4 ST, 4 CRT (requires Engineering 100)

No enchants. There are other hats you can get with some armor on them but the heirloom is boss. That Stamina from fishing though...

Neck

Eternal Will of the Martyr - 3 AGI, 4 ST, 4 HST (heirloom) (heals)
Eternal Woven Ivy Necklace - 3 AGI, 4 ST (heirloom) (heals)
Problem Solving Pendant - ilevel 80
Voice Amplification Modulator - (a classic)
String of Alligator Teeth - (sounds cool anyways)

Enchant with Gift of Versatility. Don't skimp and get the cheaper enchant. For PvE use Gift of Critical Strike. I've seen a 10 rogue wearing the Bonus Armor version even though nontanks get no benefit from that stat. I'm assuming he just hadn't bought the HST version yet. The modulator and the teeth are what I used to wear before the heirlooms came out. There are several necklaces you can enchant to wear if you don't have an heirloom.

Shoulder
Stained Shadowcraft Spaulders - 7 AR - 3 AGI, 5 ST, 4 CRT (heirloom)
Exceptional Stormshroud Shoulders - 7 AR - 3 AGI, 5 ST, 4 HST (heirloom)

Enchant with Greater Tiger Claw Inscription for agility and crit. That's the most common. For more survivability there is Greater Ox Horn Inscription (ST&DGE) or Greater Inscription of the Gladiator (ST&PVPR). There are many more shoulder enchants you can find if you want a particular stat and are willing to spend time repping up a high level toon to get it. There are no non-heirloom options that I know of.

Back
Inherited Cape of the Black Baron - 3 AR - 3 AGI, 4 ST, 2 CRT, 2 HST (heirloom)
Buckskin Cape or Embossed Leather Cloak - 3 AR - 2 AGI
Cover of Leaves - 3 AR - 1 AGI, 2 ST (alliance only)
Mystic's Cape - 3 AR - 1 AGI, 1 CRT
Sin'dorei Cloak of Warding - 3 AR - 3 ST
Fine Leather Cloak - 3 AR - 2 ST (crafted)

Enchant with Gift of Versatility for PvP and Gift of Critical Strike for PvE. There are lesser options for cloaks with AGI or ST or even one of each that aren't hard to get.

Chest
Stained Shadowcraft Tunic - 10 AR - 4 AGI, 6 ST, 6 CRT (heirloom)
Darkmoon Chest of Agility - 11 AR - 6 AGI (also other versions of the vest)
White Leather Jerkin - 9 AR - 3 AGI (crafted)
Gnoll War Harness - 10 AR - 2 AGI, 2 ST
Tribal Vest or Hard Crawler Carapace - 9 AR - 2 AGI, 1 ST

Enchant with Glorious Stats. This enchant scales best but most 10s have Peerless Stats so I assume it doesn't make a difference at our level in BGs and arenas. Out in Azeroth you can't get more than +1 stats and even Minor Stats will give you that. If you'd rather have +2 Stam you can enchant with Superior Stamina or various armor kits.

Shirt
Red Shirt - the shirt I really really really want
Deckhand's Shirt - the shirt 10s can grind for
Captain Sanders' Shirt - the shirt I have

No enchants. Yeah it's just a shirt but you get style points.

Tabard
Darnassus Tabard - because Night Elfs are the best
Silverwing Battle Tabard/Warsong Battle Tabard - more honorable options
Stormpike Battle Tabard/Frostwolf Battle Tabard - more honorable options
Renowned Guild Tabard - assuming your guild is any good
Tabard of the Explorer - would be so much better if they weren't account-wide

No enchants. Again, no stats but they are cool. I wear the Darnassus one only because it's the same symbol as the Darnassus Banner I stick in the corpses of particularly pesky opponents. I'm sure there are better ones for a 10 to wear out there. Please post any you know of.

Wrists
Thrall's Gift - 4 AR - 3 AGI (goblin only) ilevel 12
Bard's Bracers of Agility - 4 AR - 2 AGI (also of the Monkey and of Stamina versions) ilevel 15
Moonstalker's Bracers - 4 AR - 1 AGI, 1 ST (alliance only) ilevel 11
Feckless Armbands or Tranquillien Scout's Bracers - 3 AR - 1 AGI (horde only)
Light Leather Bracers - 4 AR - 2 ST (crafted) ilevel 14

Enchant Agility or Greater Agility for 2 AGI. You can enchant stats for 1 AGI, 1 ST but be careful. One of the enchants is bugged and we are too low to use it. Not sure how these enchants scale. Enchant for Major Stamina for 3 ST. I envy goblins their gift.

Hands
Ceremonial Leather Gloves - 6 AR - 2 AGI, 3 ST (you wanna be cool don't you?) ilevel 15
Hunting Gloves - 6 AR - 2 AGI, 1 ST ilevel 15
Embossed Leather Gloves - 6 AR - 2 AGI (crafted) ilevel 13
Fine Leather Gloves - 6 AR - 3 ST (crafted) ilevel 15

Enchant with Glove Reinforcements for survivability or Major Agility. This is the boringest slot I think. I hope Blizzard does something to make it more interesting. Have Gloves of the Moon drop from Old Cliff Jumper or something. Or fix the level issue with the Samophlange quest so horde can get Bargain Gloves again. Something. Right now everyone is wearing the same thing.

Waist
Wendigo Collar - 5 AR - 3 AGI ilevel 15
Lupine Cord (of the Monkey) - 5 AR - 1 AGI, 1 ST (also of the Tiger and of Dodge) ilevel 15
Forsaken Belt - 5 AR - 1 AGI, 1 ST (alliance only) ilevel 14
Mortar-Slinger Belt and Pigman's Belt - 5 AR - 1 AGI, 1 ST (horde only)
Kessel's Sweat Stained Elekk Leash - 5 AR - 3 ST (alliance only) ilevel 15

No enchants. Glad Blizzard brought the Wendigo Collar back. Grandfather twinks still have Beastmaster Girdle and Marauding Belt.

Legs
Stained Shadowcraft Pants - 8 AR - 4 AGI, 6 ST, 3 CRT, 3 HST (heirloom)
Embossed Leather Pants - 8 AR - 3 AGI, 2 ST (crafted)
Boarhide Leggings - 8 AR - 2 AGI, 3 ST
Haliscan Pantaloons - ilevel 35
Tuxedo Pants - ilevel 35

Enchant with Primal Leg Reinforcement (3AGI,2CRT). If you don't want to level up Leatherworking to 400 on a higher level toon go with Shadowleather Leg Armor (2AGI,1CRT). Or Ironscale Leg Armor (3ST,1DGE). Or Nethercleft Leg Armor (1AGI,1ST). Or Earthen Leg Armor (1ST,1PVPR). Not sure about Jormungar Leg Armor but I do see some twinks using it. As for the pants themselves, as you can see: take the heirloom.

Feet
Silver Embossed Boots - 7 AR - 3 AGI, 3 ST, 3 CRT (alliance only)
Embossed Leather Boots - 7 AR - 2 AGI, 2 ST (crafted)
Rugged Boots - 7 AR - 3 ST

Minor Speed Enchant is the only speed increase that stacks with the cloak enchant. For 2 AGI go with Major Agility, Superior Agility, Greater Agility, or Dexterity. There is also Earthen Vitality. It won't make you run faster if you are using the proper cloak enchant but it's usually the cheapest enchant to get you 2 ST. If you want to save an hour grinding the silver boots just find someone with the Disturbing Connections to share the quest with you and you can just turn it in right in Lor'danel.

Finger
Admiral Taylor's Loyalty Ring - 3 AGI, 4 ST, 4 CRT (heirloom)
Captain Sander's Returned Band or Signet of the Third Fleet - 4 ST, 4 CRT (heirloom)
Dread Pirate Ring - 4 ST, 2 CRT, 2 HST (heirloom)
Slayer's Band - 3 ST, 2 CRT (horde only)
The 1 Ring - 1 AGI, 1 ST
Mood Ring - (a ring of many colors)

Enchant with Gift of Versatility for PvP, Gift of Critical Strike for PvE. The naval mission heirlooms share a unique-equipped category so you can only wear one. I put the other two on the list only in case you don't have the AGI ring yet. You can wear one of them with the pirate ring. There are several more vanity rings you can enchant to wear if you can't get two rings with stats on them.

Trinkets
Arena Grand Master - 11 ST (damage shield) ilevel 55
Inherited Insignia of the Alliance - 5 ST (heirloom) (get out of jail free) (heirloom)
Returning Champion - 5 ST, 3 VRS (heal) (heirloom)
Defending Champion - 5 ST, 3 VRS (on use 10% temporary health increase) (heirloom)
Insignia of the Alliance (get out of jail free) ileel 60
Touch of the Void - 4 VRS (AoE damage) (heirloom)
Inherited Mark of Tyranny - 5 ST (on use 15% temporary health increase) (heirloom)
Swift Hand of Justice - 4 HST (heals when you kill)
Hook of the Master Angler - ilevel 65
Minor Recombobulator - (heals and dispels polymorph) (requires Engineering 140) ilevel 28

No enchants. Trinkets are very situational. The stamina on AGM is so great but sometimes I switch in the void tendril trinket because burst is the only chance I have to kill healers. When the absorb effect is on cooldown I might switch in my Returning Champion except that I don't have a Returning Champion. I always leave in my insignia even after I use it to escape a stun because the cooldown is so short. But the effect shares a cooldown with the blue insignia so don't use that one if you have the heirloom. I listed the Returning over the Defending because the health you get from the heal isn't temporary. The temp health increase is great for tanks with healers but when you are fighting other players it can expire and drop your health down at the wrong second. For PvE I use the haste trinket and the void tendrils.

Weapons
Sharpened Scarlet Kris - 2 AGI, 2 ST, 2 CRT (heirloom)
Brawler's Razor Claws - 2 AGI, 2 ST, 1 CRT, 1 HST (heirloom)
Venerable Mass of McGowan - 2 AGI, 2 ST, 1 CRT, 1 HST (heirloom) (my personal choice)
Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge - 2 AGI, 2 ST, 1 CRT, 1 HST (heirloom)
Balanced Heartseeker - 2 AGI, 2 ST, 1 CRT, 1 HST (heirloom)
Battleworn Thrash Blade - 2 ST (heirloom) (extra attacks)
Talon of Vultros - 2 AGI, 1 CRT
Blade of Argus - 1 AGI, 1 ST
Whiteclaw Dagger - 1 AGI, 1 ST (alliance only)
The Slaghammer - 1 AGI, 1 ST (alliance only)
The Heartache Dagger - 1 AGI, 1 ST (goblin only)
The Heartache Dagger - 1 AGI, 1 ST (goblin only)
Marshalling Point - 3 ST (worgen only)
Feral Blade - 1 AGI
Compact Fighting Knife - 1 AGI (horde only)
Heavy Copper Longsword - 1 AGI (crafted)
Furbolg Medicine Pouch - 10 ST!!! (off hand)

Enchant with Elemental Force. The Kris is first because it has straight CRT. I don't think I've ever seen a 10 wearing the fist weapon. Some weapons are ranked above others with the same stats because the tooltip indicates that it does more DPS. I am reliably informed that the stats on the piece are what really count here but weapon damage isn't nothing. The Talon is very popular. It's a hard to get item yet one a 10 can farm and supposedly it really scales very well in BGs and arena. The pouch is a lot of ST but you can't use the heal at level 10.

Last edited:
1) Darkmoon Chests for the BiS Non-BoA.
2) Glorious Stats not Peerless (not that it matters at 10, they're both +1, but Glorious scales higher overall).
3) What tiera mentioned about Eng 150 cap at 10.
4) Primal is indeed the BiS Leg Enchant but it isn't Tailoring, it's Leatherworking and it's NOT the final Tier, it's Rank 2, meaning you have to stop (on a higher toon) at absolutely no more than 574 LW Skill. You also cannot Emboss (and then send through the mail to Level 10 on the same Account) any Legs except the Heirlooms so you're stuck with them.
5) You only want Crit (for PvE) until you hit 99.57%, which is 45 Crit. Even 1 higher and you're wasting a stat point.
6) Blurred Speed does NOT give +2 Agility at 10 (non-BG scaled) but Major Agility, Superior Agility, Greater Agility, and Dexterity does.
7) You're missing a VAST amount of Shoulder Enchants. The reason I mention this is because of the 45 Crit cap so as to not over stat. There are Shoulder Enchants (via Rep, then attached to a BoA) that don't give Crit but instead Haste, or AP, or Stam.
8) DISREGARD > There is only 1 Shoulder left that I'm aware of (non-GF) that adds anything for Non-BoA and that's one of the Festivals, Midsummers iirc. It has 2 Armor, and no idea if it can be Enchanted. < DISREGARD
9)
Unless the Tooltip and everything I've read since Blizz made the change is wrong, BA is useless to all Non-Tank Classes and therefore the Eternal Woven Ivory Necklace has no business being on this list.
10) Just an aside, Glove Reinforcements require a Level 60+ (doesn't need to be your Account) and a non-bound BoE in that Level 60+ inventory to Enchant. That means all the GF Quest Gloves like Gloves of the Moon cannot benefit from the +6 Stamina.
11) Also, Slayer's Band > The One Ring all day long. At 10, +2 Crit goes MUCH farther than +1 Agility does, if you aren't already at 45.

Last edited:
Wow thanks! That's a wealth of information. And thanks for adding the ring info today. I was going to ask your opinion on that. I'll get to updating but I do have a few questions/comments by number.

1) Am I missing something about the Darkmoon Chests? I thought the only gear 10s could get from them was the BoA.
2) Most 10s have Peerless Stats. Is there a difference in how they scale up in BGs?
4) What stats do Primal Leg Reinforcements give at 10?
8) Were you referring to the Mantle of the Fire Festival? If so it looks like they changed it and it has no stats at all.
9) Thanks for this. I had assumed that in addition to whatever else it did Bonus Armor was also Armor. But even without that three agility and four stam is better than nothing.

Last edited:
9) Unless the Tooltip and everything I've read since Blizz made the change is wrong, BA is useless to all Non-Tank Classes and therefore the Eternal Woven Ivory Necklace has no business being on this list.
I remember testing the +armor kits when Bonus Armor came out and they do in fact add armor for non-guardian Druids that pop Bear. No idea if it added AP too... That's the only weird thing I've seen with it. Probably nothing for rogue.

10) Just an aside, Glove Reinforcements require a Level 60+ (doesn't need to be your Account) and a non-bound BoE in that Level 60+ inventory to Enchant. That means all the GF Quest Gloves like Gloves of the Moon cannot benefit from the +6 Stamina.
I've seen it put on non BoEs before, I think the 60 runs a dungeon with the 20, puts kit on drop, and then trades as you have that 2 hr window. But not 100% sure if that's how it works... Nothing you can do for quest items though.

Wow thanks! That's a wealth of information. And thanks for adding the ring info today. I was going to ask your opinion on that. I'll get to updating but I do have a few questions/comments by number.

1) Am I missing something about the Darkmoon Chests? I thought the only gear 10s could get from them was the BoA.
2) Most 10s have Peerless Stats. Is there a difference in how they scale up in BGs?
4) What stats do Primal Leg Reinforcements give at 10?
8) Were you referring to the Mantle of the Fire Festival? If so it looks like they changed it and it has no stats at all.
9) Thanks for this. I had assumed that in addition to whatever else it did Bonus Armor was also Armor. But even without that three agility and four stam is better than nothing.

Darkmoon chest of Agility would get you the highest agility chest for a lvl 10 (+6 agility).
Peerless Stats actually has a hidden tooltip bug, giving an extra stat than it says it does.
Primal Leg Reinforcement (Rank 1 and 2) give 3 agility and 2 crit.

Ah. You guys are talking about the Darkmoon Vest. I thought he was referring to the Darkmoon chest that you fight over to get the Returning Champion trinket. I'll add that, thanks.

I just checked my Peerless Stats chest against an unechanted one and the only difference I noticed was one stamina and one agility.

Thanks for the leg info, I'll add that too.

I remember testing the +armor kits when Bonus Armor came out and they do in fact add armor for non-guardian Druids that pop Bear. No idea if it added AP too... That's the only weird thing I've seen with it. Probably nothing for rogue.
Right but a Druid is a Tank Class, Rogue is not (not any more, TBC it was for at least one Boss in Kara).

Peerless Stats actually has a hidden tooltip bug, giving an extra stat than it says it does.
I'd love to see evidence of this, I've tested every single Stat > Chest and even the bugged one that still says +3 (on some Chests), they all scale to +1 at 10, outside of BG scaling. By testing, I mean not only checking my Character Stat info equipping and un-equipping but also via the difference in Heals/Shields (Disco) as well as relative Damage output (in Duels against another of my 10's). Peerless and Glorious have the same output on at least Rogue/Hunter/Disc Priest in my testing, again non-BG scaled.

I see that you're right and Blizz removed the +2 armor from those Festival Shoulders, fair enough.

EDIT: To the OP, the Darkmoon Chests (via the Rogues Deck) you would want for Non-BoA are:

• of Agility: 6 Agility
  • of the Bandit: 3 Agility / 3 Stam / 3 Crit
  • of the Tiger: 4 Agility / 4 Crit
  • of the Monkey: 4 Agility / 4 Stam

Last edited:
@OP, my apologies as I just recently switched to Combat on my Rogue. The Crit cap (for no wasted stat points) is 45 with 99.57% not 51. It's odd because my Disco is 51 with 99.71%. I will edit my first post to reflect this. Just checked and It's all 3 Specs for Rogue, not just Combat, 45 is the Cap.

Last edited:
I was wondering about the numbers because I was getting over 100% with less than 50 Crit but you had been so right about so much I figured I must be missing something. I made the change, thanks.

I added weapons but am not sure how important weapon damage is at level 10 so if anyone disagrees with the order I have them listed please let me know. I wasn't sure at all where to put the Worgen dagger. It has no agility but is listed as much higher DPS.

@Sponsor - I see your guild is a 19's Tink guild. Are you an active guild and what would be your requirements? Thanks

Did you mean 10 guild? Then yes I am part of one! We have active members, but given final season coming around the corner many of us have been absent. We only ask of our guild members to be polite and respect others :)

Add me up Kick#1611 and whenever I am on next I'll toss you an invite to the guild!

WoW! That is odd. earlier when i clicked on Sponsy, he was on Bleeding Hollow but had a guild tag of something weird like <UUBnZ> or something and that guild when clicked on was a 19 guild. Is there a new cross server guild invite thing happening now? I have been away for 3 years almost and now I'm seeing people from different servers in the same guild.

The different Servers/same Guild thing is because Blizz merged MANY Realms into "Mega Realms". As far as I know there are only a small handful of Realms that stayed solo, the rest are mostly a 3-Realm Group, that can be in the Same Guild and are technically just 1 Realm now.

I added weapons but am not sure how important weapon damage is at level 10 so if anyone disagrees with the order I have them listed please let me know. I wasn't sure at all where to put the Worgen dagger. It has no agility but is listed as much higher DPS.
Weapon Damage (base Tool Tip) is almost irrelevant, especially for 10's since we have such high Stat scaling for any Twink Level (outside of BG scaling). Attribute points are of a higher concern and Weapon Procs via Enchanting are the most important. In theory, when Twinking, you always try for that +1 more of a thing than the last item you had, or than any other Twink has. That does include Weapon damage, but that's last priority after Enchantment Proc and Stats. Alternatively you can look at it from another perspective. With enough Haste, White Damage via Auto Attacks can actually parse pretty high up on your meter, this bodes especially well for DW Classes with (2) very fast Weapons.

The second thing to consider is Weapon swaps with different Enchantments. Since you can, and most do, swap Weapons while in combat to gain another Weapon proc, this lends most Players to carry multiple Weapons. From this standpoint there really isn't a BiS individual Weapon, but more a set of Enchanted Weapons for THIS proc, another set of Enchanted Weapons for THAT proc, etc. It's all situational, especially in PvP. Lastly with Rogues there can be an actual need for Daggers as Alt Weapons, spec dependent.

WoW! That is odd. earlier when i clicked on Sponsy, he was on Bleeding Hollow but had a guild tag of something weird like <UUBnZ> or something and that guild when clicked on was a 19 guild. Is there a new cross server guild invite thing happening now? I have been away for 3 years almost and now I'm seeing people from different servers in the same guild.

I was in UGGTW, but my friend xfered his 10 twink guild to BH so I hopped over :p

Weapon Damage (base Tool Tip) is almost irrelevant, especially for 10's since we have such high Stat scaling for any tink Level (outside of BG scaling).

This I could follow. I'll move the stamina dagger down the list some because the agility daggers will do more damage. Not that the stamina aren't important attribute points themselves.

The second thing to consider is Weapon swaps with different Enchantments. Since you can, and most do, swap Weapons while in combat to gain another Weapon proc, this lends most Players to carry multiple Weapons. From this standpoint there really isn't a BiS individual Weapon, but more a set of Enchanted Weapons for THIS proc, another set of Enchanted Weapons for THAT proc, etc. It's all situational, especially in PvP. Lastly with Rogues there can be an actual need for Daggers as Alt Weapons, spec dependent.

This though I'm not so sure of. Are you talking about switching weapons to get a different proc or that you can get additional procs? What enchants should 10 rogues be carrying? Like the guide says, I just use Elemental Force.

This though I'm not so sure of. Are you talking about switching weapons to get a different proc or that you can get additional procs? What enchants should 10 rogues be carrying? Like the guide says, I just use Elemental Force.
Elemental Force parses the highest on Meters during BG's yes, but nearly all Weapon Enchants have ICD's, some 45s or longer, meaning once it procs you can Weapon swap for another proc type. There is also the Utility factor like Icy Chill for slowing targets, Unholy to reduce other Melee's damage output, etc. Enchants for proc'd AP, Agility, Haste, etc are also valuable while your main Enchantment is either on CD or is currently up to "stack" procs for incredible burst damage. Mind you this involves great timing, macro setups, and certain Addons to show buffs/debuffs/timers.

Users who are viewing this thread