Level 1 twink paladin gear

egmoller said:
whats special about the formal dangui? :O

The item level of the dangui is lvl 60. This means that you can enchant it with 6 stats/150hp or what ever and on top of that add a 1h buff to it, like sharpening stones, just for robes. Greater Rune Of Warding is a really nice "sharpening stone" you can use for your robe;)

Well, I don't mind trying to figure out which enchants are better, but I don't want to waste money, hence my asking what is better.

Is it better to get +3 stats or 100 hp to a BoA chest, or get the formal Dangui with +6 stats?

Or both?

And is +hit better than +agi? and why?

See, i don't just want to twink, i want to LEARN about the twinks and how they work. Like knowing that the Orc racials are essentially worthless because :A) 6Ap is shite. and B) you dont get a pet at lvl 1 (except maybe imp for locks, but i haven't played my lock in so lock, so i dont remember).

I would probably say that Trolls and Belfs are the best, but if you aren't going for pure 100% pwnage, then yeah, faceroll cosmetically. No harm no foul.

But please let me know which chants are better, because im making this hunter to pvp the alli in goldshire :D

If you are a rogue go with 4 stats oevr 100hp.

+hit is better than any other stat since you basically want to hit the mob as much as possible, that's your main point i guess you could say. No matter how much you dodge you won't win if you can't hit the mob.

Don't remember which class you are but rogues should always go with stats on chest over hp, for warr/palas i guess its about what you preffer.

i have a rogue, but im twinking a hunter at the moment. So should a hunter take 100hp or stats to chest?

Glasscannon?

And what about haste? Because right now i have +10 haste to gloves instead of the 15 agi. And instead of 2 speed for my bow, im hitting 1.56. with 10 haste. So i have a feeling that if i stack haste/agi/stam in that order, then my hunter may be able to get less than 1 sec with the bow, have enough agi to crit often, and enough stam to last long in the fight. I just want some advice on how much of each i need. And there isn't enough interest on my server to allow for raiding, so the advice im looking for is pure pvp.

beefy said:
Glasscannon?

And what about haste? Because right now i have +10 haste to gloves instead of the 15 agi. And instead of 2 speed for my bow, im hitting 1.56. with 10 haste. So i have a feeling that if i stack haste/agi/stam in that order, then my hunter may be able to get less than 1 sec with the bow, have enough agi to crit often, and enough stam to last long in the fight. I just want some advice on how much of each i need. And there isn't enough interest on my server to allow for raiding, so the advice im looking for is pure pvp.

Just mess around with it all. The nice thing with lvl 1twinks is that most of the items are easy obtainable and there fore you dont need 4 boots of the fang to find out which enchant is best.

20 haste on a 2h weapon puts the better vendor bow (from silvermoon) at 1.14 seconds. with the haste to gloves, it goes to .94, i think, seconds per shot.

My plan is to have the 2h with haste on while i auto shot, then when they get in close, switch to 1h/medicine bag and raptor strike, while proccing crusader.

Agi doesnt stack so well on a hunter. compared to a rogue, who gets HUGE boosts in stats from agi.

Im going to check whether the BoA Chest for hunters (champions deathdealer breastplate) is better with +3 stats vs a formal dangui with +6.

I need to see whether the damage reduction from having more armour with the BoA is better than having the extra 3 stats.

As for weapons, what would be better for my 2h with haste:

Grand Staff of jordan, because it gives

+2 Stamina

Equip: Improves resilience rating by 1 (1.04%).

Equip: Improves hit rating by 1 (3.25%).

Equip: Increases spell power by 1.

or

Bloodied Arcanite Reaper, because it gives

+1 Strength

+2 Stamina

Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 1 (1.86%).

Staff gives 1 resil, 1 hit.

Axe gives 1 str and 1 crit.

So, for ranged damage, is it better to go with 1 hit (to miss less) and 1 resil (take less crit)

or

go with 1 str (for more AP) and 1 crit (higher bow crit, which is low already).

Any advice on this would be helpful.

I'm thinking, without any testing on this, that the axe will be better for pve and duels, and the staff for pvp.

Like i said, im in this to learn how everything affects everything else, and i don't have the time or money to spend learning these little things through trial and error if you guys already know the answer :)

Also, my lvl 1 twink guide is almost finished, i just put together a full armour list for hunters, gotta work on the other armour types (cloths, spell leather and dps leather, and spell plate and dps plate.)

get the axe with the counterweight, its honestly not bad idea for a hunter to play skirmish style at level 1 because of raptor strike. (you cant put a counterweight on a staff anyway) when raptor strike is up, run in and smack him, when he's out of melee range shoot him up.

haste sets work very well at level one, throw in some hit and it's gg.

You can't put the counterweight on a staff? Interesting, axe it is then.

I find that hit doesnt really add much to a level 1, in my experience. I don't miss very often anyways, at least with a hunter and a rogue. I can understand putting the 10 haste to gloves on a hunter if I'm going to be raiding, but since the amount of lvl 1 twinks on my US Eonar server is essentially me and 2 other people, the likelihood of raiding is nil atm. Instead, I would go with the 15 agi to gloves, the agi and stam chants to boots and wrists, iron counterweight on the axe when im shooting, and then the battleworn thrashblade with crusader and the medicine bag for offhand.

i just saw this on the lvl 10 buff thread:

Hardtimes said:
I just recieved this in email regarding patch 3.3

"Changing the Early Leveling Experience - Patch 3.3 will be bring changes to the leveling experience for characters levels 1-10. The first change is that players levels 1-5 are completely immune to daze effects and players 6-10 will have a much lower chance of getting slowed down as well. Also, health and mana will both regenerate quite a bit faster and beginner spells will cost less mana than before. Lastly, Rogues will FINALLY dual wield from the moment they enter the game. New rogues will start with a pair of daggers instead of just one."

The lower chance to get slowed seems very good in a vacuum. Discuss.

You realize that come 3.3, lvl 1's are going to kick so much butt? No daze, no slow, and rogues can DW.

Can you say dw battleworn thrash blade w/ crusader for rogues?

And if they add the same functionality to lvl 1 hunters, dw blades w/ crusader. dear lord im excited :D

imho, you're better off with lifesteal on the battleworn thrash blade. Sader is good(ish) but it's procs are few and far between, and lifesteal's effects are a little bit more immediate. Ive done lot's of duels at level one, i can safely say lifesteal is the most effective chant there is, even over fiery. With my haste set on and a lifesteal weapon, i've never lost to anyone under level 15, be they levelers, full agi or wielding a fiery.

would you pick +15 agi or +10 haste to gloves?

and lifesteal eh? ill have to give that a try. and are you able to scope the BoA Bow?

beefy said:
Can you say dw battleworn thrash blade w/ crusader for rogues?

And if they add the same functionality to lvl 1 hunters, dw blades w/ crusader. dear lord im excited :D

No, thrash blade is unique equipped xP. Sunstrider axe with it's insane slowness should be a nice OH though ;D

beefy said:
would you pick +15 agi or +10 haste to gloves?

and lifesteal eh? ill have to give that a try. and are you able to scope the BoA Bow?

For a healadin, 10 haste. Makes Holy lights under 2 seconds ;D

No. Scopes do not work with level 1s anymore, you have to be level 5 in order to get the effect from the scope.

For my lvl 1('s). I use axe + Crusader (and +7 stam or spike shield depending enemy, not got pouch on pala yet), when Crusader procs I switch sword Lifesteal. For fast heals I switch 2H sword +20 haste. (rogue same but with pouch OH and no 2H ofc)

Penicillin said:
For my lvl 1('s). I use axe + Crusader (and +7 stam or spike shield depending enemy, not got pouch on pala yet), when Crusader procs I switch sword Lifesteal. For fast heals I switch 2H sword +20 haste. (rogue same but with pouch OH and no 2H ofc)

For a paladin, 30 haste is almost over kill, seeing as you lose +7 stamina over it, but still not bad if you don't plan to heal to full. Just out of curiosity, how fast are your holy lights with 30 haste?

sunstrider axe is a MH weapon, so no OH. Sunstrider MH with a sader and BTB with lifesteal/agi might be fun to play with.

i use haste over agi most all the time, for a palli after 3.3 i would definitly roll with a counterweighted axe most all the time. casts and swings are quick as balls, never have to worry about going oom.. looks like a winner to me.

Users who are viewing this thread