1-9 Level 1 Transmog Visual Guide

Chubtohd

Almost Awesome
LINK: Level 1 BoA Transmog Guide - Guides - Wowhead

I threw out a small visual guide on wowhead for the transmogs that can be accomplished at level 1 (mostly BoA gear). I know it's not much, but at least its a one stop gallery in case you want to see what you can transform your ugly shaman shoulders into to make them look less stupid :)

Regardless, please follow the link and give the guide 5 stars! :)

*updated with 5.4 info

Last edited by a moderator:
Warriors/paladins/shammys/hunters all of this mail and plate carriers at higher lvl cant transmog shoulders, chest, head and legs at low lvl. So only classes that can do it is cloth and leather carriers at higher lvl. Since for example warriors looms became mail at low lvl(until 40 i think) so they cant transmog i think. Or is there any way?

I will add an explanation to the guide as to who can do what to what so ppl don't waste JP/Valor

To answer your questions:

1) The Mail-to-Plate Heirlooms (typical Warrior / Pally gear) can not be xmogged. Those are on the guide just for visuals
2) A Warrior / Pally could purchase the Leather-to-Mail Heirlooms (typical Hunter / Shaman gear) and transmog between those.
3) However, a Hunter / Shaman can not transmog the Leather-to-Mail Heirlooms
4) Leather Heirlooms (typical Rogue / Druid / Monk gear) can not be transmogged with Leather-to-Mail gear

actually...the Brunnhildar weapons can be transmogged even though they're white :) It's not so much the color, it's the bonus stats (the ones in green) that allow it to be or not to be.

The Battered Jungle Hat used to fit this rule because of the 40 armor on it...however they removed the armor designation (cloth, leather, etc..) from it, so now you can't

I forgot to add the Darkmoon Faire stuff to the guide...will do that now

oh...AND RATE MY GUIDE ON WOWHEAD! :p

actually...the Brunnhildar weapons can be transmogged even though they're white :) It's not so much the color, it's the bonus stats (the ones in green) that allow it to be or not to be.

The Battered Jungle Hat used to fit this rule because of the 40 armor on it...however they removed the armor designation (cloth, leather, etc..) from it, so now you can't

I forgot to add the Darkmoon Faire stuff to the guide...will do that now

oh...AND RATE MY GUIDE ON WOWHEAD! :p

So, there's absolutely no way now to get quest items mogged onto your BoA's through mail anymore?! How many workarounds have people tried?

Also, did this wipe some mogs that were done before this fix? I should have never deleted my lvl 1, and now that I want to make another one, blizz has gone and ruined it :/

Nope ... mail mog bug has been fixed

Nope ... all my gear is still mogged on my lvl1

Nope ... mail mog bug has been fixed

Nope ... all my gear is still mogged on my lvl1

Huh, well that's cool old ones were kept.

Unfortunately for me, I don't really see a point in making a new level 1 as it stands now. You see the heirloom skins everywhere, it's nothing new/fun to see.

I did notice when I mogged a heirloom (I tried numerous times, and in different ways) that the pink mog text did not always show after successfully mogging the item. It didn't seem to affect the outcome after it was mailed either way, however.

Also, is the Lucky Fishing Hat a possible mog for cloth, as well as the mist-piercing goggles?

Unfortunately for me, I don't really see a point in making a new level 1 as it stands now. You see the heirloom skins everywhere, it's nothing new/fun to see.

I did notice when I mogged a heirloom (I tried numerous times, and in different ways) that the pink mog text did not always show after successfully mogging the item. It didn't seem to affect the outcome after it was mailed either way, however.

Also, is the Lucky Fishing Hat a possible mog for cloth, as well as the mist-piercing goggles?

You can't get LFH, nor WBFH.

The Mist-Piercing Goggles don't have an armor designation (cloth, leather, mail, plate, cosmetic), so they are not valid for transmog

As for not seeing a point in creating a level 1, let me provide a little counterpoint to that.

1) Fashion is just 1 area that makes level 1s fun...if that is the only thing that you liked about them then I see your point
2) The reason we could transmog was due to a bug. Bugs pop up all the time. If I would've missed out on the ability to get engineering and decided that since that bug doesn't exist anymore then I won't play...then I would've missed out on my transmogged gear or my Precious' Ribbon....you win some you lose some I guess :)
3) With 5.4s ability to get new enchants, it really opens up PVE/PVP options
4) With as large of a patch as 5.4 is...there are bound to be new bugs to take advantage of!

The Mist-Piercing Goggles don't have an armor designation (cloth, leather, mail, plate, cosmetic), so they are not valid for transmog

As for not seeing a point in creating a level 1, let me provide a little counterpoint to that.

1) Fashion is just 1 area that makes level 1s fun...if that is the only thing that you liked about them then I see your point
2) The reason we could transmog was due to a bug. Bugs pop up all the time. If I would've missed out on the ability to get engineering and decided that since that bug doesn't exist anymore then I won't play...then I would've missed out on my transmogged gear or my Precious' Ribbon....you win some you lose some I guess :)
3) With 5.4s ability to get new enchants, it really opens up PVE/PVP options
4) With as large of a patch as 5.4 is...there are bound to be new bugs to take advantage of!

Yea, besides - get into a guild with active lvl ones, and do some bosses / duels / arenas. Try some of the ideas from my Dungeons and Raids thread - I really want feedback and think they may be fun.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but seeing as how I can't start a new thread until 10 posts, I wanted to ask a few questions.

I've decided to make a twink or two at level 1 despite the disappointment of not being able to mail mog items anymore.

My questions, if you could kindly answer:
1. Race seems to be more of a factor at level 1. True? -I'd really like a gnome rogue, but it seems there's better options based on the posted rogue guide.
2. What are the best classes/race combos for dueling, in your opinion? -I like Gnomes and would settle for a NElf. I'm considering so far a Rogue or Warrior. Possibly a Hunter or Warlock/Mage as well, but will only be making 2 level 1's tops (preferably 1 considering my limited char slots).

And Alliance only please. My main is horde but my Alliance guild is much more active and helpful.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but seeing as how I can't start a new thread until 10 posts, I wanted to ask a few questions.

I've decided to make a twink or two at level 1 despite the disappointment of not being able to mail mog items anymore.

My questions, if you could kindly answer:
1. Race seems to be more of a factor at level 1. True? -I'd really like a gnome rogue, but it seems there's better options based on the posted rogue guide.
2. What are the best classes/race combos for dueling, in your opinion? -I like Gnomes and would settle for a NElf. I'm considering so far a Rogue or Warrior. Possibly a Hunter or Warlock/Mage as well, but will only be making 2 level 1's tops (preferably 1 considering my limited char slots).

And Alliance only please. My main is horde but my Alliance guild is much more active and helpful.

To add one more thing, I'm also considering a level 5 instead of a 1. There's no level 1's I've seen on my server and I think something like Charge for example would help with Goldshire duels. Thoughts on that topic as well?

To add one more thing, I'm also considering a level 5 instead of a 1. There's no level 1's I've seen on my server and I think something like Charge for example would help with Goldshire duels. Thoughts on that topic as well?

Anddd, I'm back. After doing some more research I've answered some of my own questions. I suppose I needed the post count anyways...

So, from what I've read, on Alliance: NElf Rogue or Draenei Warrior are really the only good options at level 1 for the classes I'm considering.

I'm wondering now if at level 5 this is still true because I really dislike both those races, personally.
If Gobs were possible, I'd role with that for rogue/hunter at 1 or 5. Curious if a Gnome warrior at level 5 is more viable but there doesn't seem to be as much info for level 5 twinks that I've seen.

Anddd, I'm back. After doing some more research I've answered some of my own questions. I suppose I needed the post count anyways...

So, from what I've read, on Alliance: NElf Rogue or Draenei Warrior are really the only good options at level 1 for the classes I'm considering.

I'm wondering now if at level 5 this is still true because I really dislike both those races, personally.
If Gobs were possible, I'd role with that for rogue/hunter at 1 or 5. Curious if a Gnome warrior at level 5 is more viable but there doesn't seem to be as much info for level 5 twinks that I've seen.

Worgen is a really nice race for every class possible for them. 1% crit is useful for druids / warlocks / hunters for getting great numbers In damage. Crit also benefits imp / dog. Speed racial is brilliant for kiting and closing up or escaping to pull off a bandage. Worgens also have best resistance racials (nature and shadow).

Worgen is a really nice race for every class possible for them. 1% crit is useful for druids / warlocks / hunters for getting great numbers In damage. Crit also benefits imp / dog. Speed racial is brilliant for kiting and closing up or escaping to pull off a bandage. Worgens also have best resistance racials (nature and shadow).

But legitimately you can't get a Worgen out of it's starting zone until a certain level, correct? (Does that glitch still work incidentally?) Not that I've never 'stretched' what should otherwise be possible, I just would like to not have to worry about other players having the opportunity to report such actions.

A friend and I are considering making level 10 twinks instead, since the hotfix on mogs were implimented and also considering we are both interested in BG's as well.

1's I think are only 'cool' if they have everything going for them. Epic mogs included, which are no longer on the table.

I've even considered xfering some GF'd level 19's, but I think that bracket isn't what it use to be.

But legitimately you can't get a Worgen out of it's starting zone until a certain level, correct? (Does that glitch still work incidentally?) Not that I've never 'stretched' what should otherwise be possible, I just would like to not have to worry about other players having the opportunity to report such actions.

A friend and I are considering making level 10 twinks instead, since the hotfix on mogs were implimented and also considering we are both interested in BG's as well.

1's I think are only 'cool' if they have everything going for them. Epic mogs included, which are no longer on the table.

I've even considered xfering some GF'd level 19's, but I think that bracket isn't what it use to be.

1s are cool, get over it :).
Battleground issue: My bg project incoming, won't be real bg's but I want to make it as much BG like as possible, + you won't have to be worried about people who destroy fun (24s are example of fun-destroyer for f2p bracket)
Mog issue: Cool mogs be cool mogs, but things like elementium signet / defias mask / keen machete / swagpouch / cadets bow / worn leather gloves... This is twinking bro, the awesome part of it - gear containing memories is a lot better than any of the swaggest mogs.
"Ban risk" issue: From my experience people don't even care. I once ran across goldshire on lvl 1 worgen /yelling "IM LEVEL ONE WORGEN IN GOLDSHIRE!!!" and no one gave a fuck.
Level 10s "issue": Lvl 10s are ofc fun, and I like that bracket, but to talk about lvl 10s you should go to 10-14 section :)

Whatever you will choose, have fun :)

Users who are viewing this thread