Level 1 Transmog Guide.

Sabtah

Legend
If you have ever wanted to have a group of wild fanboys following you, complimenting your "awesome looks", then you should read on!

A huge aspect of Level 1 Twinking has always been our look, atleast for me. When Transmogging first came out, we could XMOG our BoA with any Uncommon/Rare/Epic items on a higher level account and then mail them to our Twinks, however this watch patched as it was not working as intended. As of now, we can only XMOG gear that has no level requirements, meaning mainly quest items.

Contents;
1. Walkthrough on how to XMOG after the patch.
1. How to find and create your own custom XMOG set.
1. Some examples of custom XMOG sets.

.::Walkthrough on how to XMOG after the patch::.

.::How to find and create your own custom XMOG set::.

First step is to head over to: Wowhead. Next we need to select if we are going to be searching for a weapon or piece of armor to XMOG. Picture shown below;

itemsweaponsarmor.png

Next you want to choose which type of weapon / type & piece of armor you wish to XMOG. For this example we will XMOG Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge, so we will select "One-Handed Swords" as shown below;

weaponst.png

You will now be directed to a page full of search options. Our goal is to filter the search to show items that require no level to use, are obtained through a quest and are either Uncommon, Rare or Epic quality. To get only these results, we need to set filters like this;

filtersu.png

Your next step is to browse through the listed results and find a sword that requires your needs / you think looks eye-catching. I found a nice One-Handed Sword called Blade of the Empty Void, so we will use this;

swordq.png

Now our final step is to gather information on how to obtain this sword, complete the quest ingame and then follow the steps provided in Part 1 of this guide to transfer the XMOG on a BoA to your Level 1 Twink,

.::Some examples of custom XMOG sets::.

Below will be an image of 3 XMOG sets that I have thought up, 1 for each type of armor available at Level 1. These in no way are the best XMOG's out there, but just an idea of what can be achieved with some creativity.

examplesz.png

Another easy way to find certain XMOG sets can be found here: Transmog Sets. Although some of these sets may look nice, using others premade ones isn't the most creative thing to do, and that is the point of trying to create a custom XMOG set. To be unique and creative.

With that said, this concludes my Transmog guide. If you feel I have left anything out, or have something that needs to be fixed, please let me know somewhere below. All feedback is greatly appreciated.​

Last edited by a moderator:
You must have caught me when I was editing it, sorry Boud. Guide is almost done, however I won't get section 1 done until I get some gametime, which should be within 1-2 days time. I plan to make a brief video just showing how to do it since the patch.

great guide sabtah! I love the wowhead pics

you could add the color sorting feature that wowhead has, might save some time if they are looking for a specific color piece...also the wowhead link at the bottom to transmog sets, should have the "quest reward" filter on it...but even then, a set will pop up if just 1 of the pieces is a reward from a quest, making most of those not obtainable :(

ps - my rogue has that mask/dagger combo too!

Sure, will add them after school today chubs, thanks for the feedback.

Edit: Might even be able to add what you suggested during school today ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
fixed last year - 5.0.4 ish :(

Users who are viewing this thread