EU+US Level 1 Race and Class Compendium

Chubtohd

Almost Awesome
Here's a quick compendium to help you make a choice as to what Faction, Race, Class you would like to roll. Keep in mind that at level 1, Rogues have always been at the top of the charts. For awhile classes like Hunters and Warlocks have been sexy, but for the most part a level 1 Rogue is the staple of this "bracket". However, that doesn't mean that other classes aren't fun, challenging, and able to do amazing things. If you want to maximize your character, these charts might help.

Just a quick outline of how this compendium is laid out.
  1. Base stats - included so that you maximize that 1 primary class stat when choosing your race
  2. Bonus class stats - included so that you can again maximize your 1 primary stat
    • A chart combining 1 and 2 info for lazys
  3. Racials - some are really good, others are not. This chart should help you further customize the type of twink you'd like
  4. Class Abilities - at level 1 our options are limited. This chart should help you decide what each class can do
  5. Professions - as of 6.0.2 not necessary anymore

Base Stats

HORDEStrengthAgilityStaminaIntellectSpirit
Blood Elf1722202318
Orc2317211722
Tauren2516211622
Troll2122201621
Undead1918201825
ALLIANCEStrengthAgilityStaminaIntellectSpirit
Draenei2117202022
Dwarf2516211919
Gnome1522202320
Human2020202020
Night Elf1624202020

Bonus Class Stats

In addition to the base stats each race gets, every class gets bonus stats.

CLASSStrengthAgilityStaminaIntellectSpirit
Druid+1+2+2
Hunter+3+1+1
Mage+3+2
Monk+1+1+1+2
Paladin+2+2+1
Priest+2+3
Rogue+1+3+1
Shaman+1+1+1+2
Warlock+1+2+2
Warrior+3+2

By combining the above two charts, we are able to delineate which race and class combo will do more raw damage than another assuming all gear is equal. The chart includes the best combo for both factions. In some cases, the best stat race isn't able to be the best stat class. Those are marked by an asterisk to avoid confusion. This chart does not take into account racial traits, that information is found after the racial chart.

CLASSHORDEALLIANCE
DruidTauren* / Troll*Night Elf*
HunterBlood Elf / TrollNight Elf
MageBlood ElfGnome
MonkBlood Elf/TrollNight Elf
PaladinTaurenDwarf
PriestBlood ElfGnome
RogueBlood Elf / TrollNight Elf
ShamanOrc*Draenei*
WarlockBlood ElfGnome
WarriorTaurenDwarf

Racials

HORDE _ALLIANCE
Blood ElfArcane Resistance - Situationally useful

Arcane Torrent - Useful against casters & replenishes 6% mana for casters or 15 energy, focus, rage for melee

Arcane Affinity
- No level 1 benefit

Arcane Acuity - Useful for DPS
DraeneiShadow Resistance - Limited PvP and PvE uses

Heroic Presence - Useful in both PvP and PvE

Gift of the Naaru - Only level 1 heal, helps build threat (PvE)

Gemcutting -
No level 1 benefit
Orc
Blood Fury - Useful for all classes as it increases both Spell Power and Attack Power.

Command - Useful for Warlocks and Hunters

Hardiness - Limited PvP and PvE uses
DwarfStoneform - Useful for all classes

Might of the Mountain - Great DPS boost

Frost Resistance - Limited PvP and PvE uses

Explorer - No level 1 benefit
Tauren
Cultivation - No level 1 benefit

Endurance - Adds approximately 16HP

Nature Resistance - Limited PvP and PvE uses

War Stomp - Useful in PvP for bandaging, creating distance, free casting, or attacking from behind

Brawn - Useful for DPS
GnomeArcane Resistance - Limited PvP and PvE uses

Engineering Specialization -
No level 1 benefit

Escape Artist -
Limited PvP and PvE uses

Expansive Mind - Useful for all casters

Nimble Fingers - Haste provides greatest DPS increase
TrollBeast Slaying - Limited PvP and PvE uses

Berserking -
Useful for increasing DPS for all classess

Da Voodoo Shuffle - Limited PvP and PvE uses

Regeneration - Limited PvP and PvE uses
HumanDiplomacy - Useful for reputation farming

Every Man For Himself -
Limited PvP and PvE uses

The Human Spirit - Limited usefulness for all classes
UndeadCannabilize - Limited PvP and PvE uses

Shadow Resistance - Useful against Warlocks

Touch of the Grave -
The only inherent level 1 healing ability

Will of the Forsaken - Limited PvP and PvE uses
Night ElfWisp Spirit - Useful for zerging in PvE

Shadowmeld - Useful for all classes

Quickness - Useful for all classes

Nature Resistance - Limited PvP and PvE uses

Touch of Elune - you can have both!

Class Abilities

ClassCommentsAbilities
Ui-charactercreate-classes_druid.png

Druid
Ui-charactercreate-classes_hunter.png

Hunter
Probably the best ranged option because of the ability to DPS and move + pet damage

Call Pet

Revive Pet
Ui-charactercreate-classes_mage.png

Mage
The built in slow and high damage makes this the best caster option
Ui-charactercreate-classes_paladin.png

Paladin
Ui-charactercreate-classes_monk.png

Monk
Ui-charactercreate-classes_priest.png

Priest
Ui-charactercreate-classes_rogue.png

Rogue
Still the best melee option for level 1
Ui-charactercreate-classes_shaman.png

Shaman
Has returned to the worst DPS with the removal of casting while running
Ui-charactercreate-classes_warlock.png

Warlock
Highest possible DPS, but mobility is the issue
Ui-charactercreate-classes_warrior.png

Warrior
With heroic strike off the GCD, a fully hasted Warrior is an interesting melee option

Professions:

Gathering ProfessionsAs of 6.0.2, these no longer provide combat bonuses and are therefore unnecessary. However, Blizzard has made it so that any skill level can gather any node, so these can be nice if you are the exploring type.
First AidThis is one of two must have professions. At max level you will be able to use Heavy Runecloth Bandages. Because of our health pools, one or two ticks will be enough to fill us to full HP.
CookingThis profession can be taken to a max of 525. It is now extremely quick to level by means of Halfhill Market in Pandaria. Other than the achievement points, cooking offers only a minor benefit at level 1 by being able to cook your own +2 stamina food which should only be used if you run out of the better food buffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
IAT's post has needed updating for some time now...so I decided to do it...hopefully he'll use this or this one can get stickied instead.

You can make tables by clicking on the advanced editing tab when making/replying to a post here...it's been added recently

Great post. I wish I saw this earlier before I rolled an orc. I wonder if there is anything out there like this for L5 and L10 which I am going to roll soon.

As for the professions, after missing the last 18 months I came back to find incomplete herbalism and 150 mining. I switched to skinning (dropped mining) and solo'ed it up to 110 and then logged an alt in Ashenvale and killed bucks and wolves (about 10 at a time), then logged the L1 and skinned them. Log in and out about 5-6 times and you are at 150.

As for herbalism I solo'ed this too. I was already at about 110 so I do not remember what I did two years ago but I found farming stranglekelp uninterrupted to 150 in 1000 needles is very, very easy to do for any L1. I would classify leveling herbs solo now as an easy task (though still mildly time-consuming).

reworded it just for you grizzle :)

Think a spreadsheet for the base stats of the class itself is worth mentioning too?

Also, WPL lake is also a good stranglekelp farm spot as it also has liferoots around it (if you have herbalists gloves and/or gatherer enchant on gloves)

Arcane torrent also replenishes some mana, rage, and focus.

Excellent! I would take your table and place it in my post but that wouldn't exactly be fair to you. Gonna report my post unstickied and request a sticky for yours. Great job.

Think a spreadsheet for the base stats of the class itself is worth mentioning too?

Arcane torrent also replenishes some mana, rage, and focus.

To be honest, I had no idea that the stats per class were different. I thought base stats meant that all Blood Elves (for instance) regardless of class had the same starting stats. However, after creating a couple of tests in game I realized that that was incorrect. I'll update the list this weekend to show the starting stats for all race/class combinations.

I mainly play Rogues, so it's natural for me to only include cool things that help them out :) I've updated the Arcane Torrent text to reflect you other classes

Excellent! I would take your table and place it in my post but that wouldn't exactly be fair to you. Gonna report my post unstickied and request a sticky for yours. Great job.

Thanks for the sticky request IAT ... I wouldn't have cared if you used it on yours though, I don't care about the credit ... but thank you

Before I forget, also mention that mages and warlocks are the only caster classes capable of inflicting double damage on crits..

I thought about adding that, but didn't want to get bogged down in all the intricacies of the classes...I figured it was sufficient to say "they do more damage", but for the sake of completeness, you are probably right...so I'll include the note

Rather than combining them, just make a separate one for classes.

Priest - 3 int, 2 spirit
Rogue - 1 str, 3 agi, 1 stam
Warrior - 3 str, 2 stam
Mage - 3 int, 2 spirit
Druid - 1 str, 2 int, 2 spirit
Hunter - 3 agi, 1 stam, 1 spirit (lolspiritwhoknew?)
Warlock - 1 stam, 2 int, 2 spirit
Shaman - 1 str, 1 stam, 1 int, 2 spirit
Paladin - 2 str, 2 stam, 1 spirit

These stats are according to WoWWiki.

It's updated now ... seems like a lot of info for one post, but not sure what to do about it because it all seems necessary. Any changes/additions/suggestions, just let me know!

is it still possible to do it? if so, i'll add it

is it still possible to do it? if so, i'll add it

I recently checked. It's still possible.

However, due to ToS, I am not allowed to say how.

Either way it doesn't matter. I checked the starting stats, and the other races do better. Only good things are the racials.

23 Str
22 Agi
20 Sta
16 Int
19 Spi

Spent an hour putting the wowpedia icons in rather than text, hit save changes and was told I could only have 20 pictures total in a post......so now only the class ability chart is graphical...too bad cause it looked really good :(

Also, I've thought about the Worgen stats, and I don't think they should be added since it is an exploit. While I know a lot of people do them, I thought in a guide like this that new people will likely read that it would give the wrong impression of level one twinking (since most people think the only way to do it is exploit).

Blood elf racial is arcane resistance, which is useless against other lv1s.
Shadow resistance (fix draenei) reduces the damage done by shadowbolt and unholy weapon effect, and can also resist the unholy weapon effect.
Nature resistance is still useful against druids and shaman.

Users who are viewing this thread