Letter to Customer Support

Verbatim:

I insist on an explanation as to why posts in the PTR and General Discussion forums are being deleted simply because they relate to "twinking".

This has not happened to me (yet), but I find it unacceptable that paying customers are having their voices squelched or even banned for requesting more information about the massive changes on the PTR. Many of the changes are reasonable; silencing those who wish to discuss them is not.

Pleas re-affirm my faith in your company by addressing these concerns.

Beachcomber said:
Verbatim:

I insist on an explanation as to why posts in the PTR and General Discussion forums are being deleted simply because they relate to "twinking".

This has not happened to me (yet), but I find it unacceptable that paying customers are having their voices squelched or even banned for requesting more information about the massive changes on the PTR. Many of the changes are reasonable; silencing those who wish to discuss them is not.

Pleas re-affirm my faith in your company by addressing these concerns.

Any reply? I got temp-banned for continuing to post new threads, and then perma-banned for posting on my other account.

Sunblayde said:
Any reply? I got temp-banned for continuing to post new threads, and then perma-banned for posting on my other account.

I just got a generic support response. If I receive anything written by a human I will let you know.

I've tried to be logical and rational in the forums and not make tons of new threads, just reply in other ones...but I am sure I am pushing the "ban boundary" with some of the things I've said.

Account(s) cancellation seems like an intriguing prospect at this point in time...not because of the changes in 3.1, but because I'm really starting to not like some of the company practices. People shouldn't be banned for talking about twinking.

This is what I got:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Blizzard Entertainment's Technical Support department. My name is <removed>.

The World of Warcraft forums are moderated by Blizzard's Web team, Community Managers, Game Masters and Online Support. Blizzard provides these forums as a service for our customers to discuss our latest games. Forum moderators may delete posts that are off-topic or not appropriate for a particular forum or ban forum accounts that do not follow the Forum Guidelines:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/forums/guidelines.shtml

Please direct all inquiries regarding forum access suspensions or bannings to the following address: wowreportedpost@blizzard.com

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread