Let's Talk: Immigration Crisis

Pooh

Legend
So as we all know in the U.S, the immigration crisis has been going on, and have left 2 sides at the U.S/Mexico Boarder. Those who are against letting immigrants pass onto Murica and those who supporting the immigrants.

Now lets get some background on why people migrate from latin murica. Those who pass onto Murica illegally have similar reasons:
-A better life
-Support their families
-Latin Murica isn't "too" safe.
-Get together with family members they haven't seen in years.
-Many people are unemployed

And of course if they aren't allowed in, they will try a more dangerous method "Los Coyotes"

Now what are you on...are you a Protester or a Supporter?

I for one do support because families are split from each others..and because my my parents too had illegally transferred, and eventually became legal U.S citizens.

EU can give their opinions as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a strong opinion that is in the middle, I dont believe Immigrants should not be allowed into our country, everyone should be allowed. We shouldnt charge and make it a task that poor cannot afford to do. As America is and should continue be a country of immigrants.

Now I disagree with companies hiring these illegal immigrants giving them jobs that are needed by citizens just because the illegals would do the jobs for much less. Making the companies profit all the more. Especially when there are many citizens that would do the job as they need the work yet cannot get in because of illegals.

It's no immigration crisis; it's a refugee crisis, or at least a hefty majority of Americans perceive it as such. It should be dealt with humanely and compassionately, and we should extend them aid. Several hundred migrant children have already been transferred to sponsor homes in my state. However, it worries me since our DSS director recently resigned in light of allegations that children died on the agency's watch. The response from the religious right (like Cardinal Dolan) has somewhat assuaged my cynicism. Unfortunately, many right wing ideologues (like Sean Hannity) refuse to adopt the compassionate route.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread