EU+US Let's make paladins great again!

this is not a QQ post, i have no issues with vets. i blame blizzard

paladins at low level lost so much, blizz robbed so much. stuff that should be baseline was made spec specific. some classes are lucky, were blizz will say consecration should only be X-spec, every mage spec has FROST NOVA. or they will take frost armor, still give it to each mage spec renamed/tooltip but still the same, basicly fake pruning.

as a 20 ret, having to go thru GCDs between 3 abilities that have 12 sec CD, 10 sec CD, 6 sec CD, then left with auto attacks, there is little hope when getting range kite spammed by bal/res druids, res shams, arc mage, hunters...no chance. i tried Prot (was good years back) but no luck there, tried holy using LFD to get max vers gear, that made a difference, but still easily globaled. arc mage is back to where they were back in CATA/MOP with a near no GCD between the back and forth cycle of arc bar and arc mis.

even F2P vs F2P, my pal any spec is helpless vs fury wars, res/bal, arc mage, disco, res shams. bubble offers a death delay, and LOH that was lol...moved to 55, is gone. F2P holy pal heals are too slow, so weak other classes cut thru like butter.

i notice that some do really good as holy, but that has a lot to do with the slither/fang set bonuses that were never deactivated or squished. the +18 int. +3 haste is huge these days after 6 years of squishes, as a F2P the way the loot system works in LFD, the only WC piece i would get is the gloves that can drop for anyone. the vets with the WC set, enchants, eng helm, alch flask +11 stats in BG, i can see really helps holy. that being said, many are usually in a minimade and that goes for Vet rets enhanted, who have told me they don't pug...i read that as they have to be with a good team...carried to some degree

it's really hard to roll F2P pals into BGs, i try usually for one daily win to get box then shelf it, same with warlock too, but then go mage, hunter, disco for repeat BGs, that being said i do not even bother with my F2p rogue, that class also robbed, mostly a open and get kited to death

I'm completely with you that paladins have gotten the short end of the stick in recent expansions, but I disagree that they can't do well even as ftp. I rarely roll mini/premades and usually pug as I find it more challenging/I have no friends, and find I am easily able to keep up with other heals. I've had success with ftp sets/restrictions as well, since the numbers arent THAT far off honestly. I can still get a set with about 1.3ish cast speed and prob about 480ish flash of light hits. This can absolutely still work!

Even as vet, ret struggles against kiting/ranged classes. The key to ret is knowing when to engage and when to hold back.

Unfortunately prot is garbage, especially since they took away that shield ability thingy from interrupting spells. Rip :(

I think even ftp pally can do well and compete with other healers, it just takes good positioning, awareness, and knowing how to fake cast well to succeed.

Once I can get some runs through WC I can start to play some bgs with full ftp sets and start showing what numbers people can expect.

Hrm, Im a bit of a vers whore and I wonder if maybe that comes from healing on a druid, where vers heavy dots free up globals for other stuff (like shifting and pewpew)

Im gonna haste stack my shaman and see if I like that more.

Shamans are sluts, they'll wear anything (except a staff).
You can go for whatever stats you want on a shaman just get as many numbers as possible. I prefer the mixed bag. (All 3 as ele and haste/vers as resto).

Shamans are sluts, they'll wear anything (except a staff).
You can go for whatever stats you want on a shaman just get as many numbers as possible. I prefer the mixed bag. (All 3 as ele and haste/vers as resto).
My f2p shaman are pretty close to 10% across the board but there's not much wiggle room for them. Gonna dick around with my vet and see what I like a heavy haste or heavy vers build better.

(except a staff)
Gonna buy a foamspittle just to spite you

you get slither by getting ran through it (aka need legacy loot) it won't drop if you are in a dungeon where personal loot is the option

you get slither by getting ran through it (aka need legacy loot) it won't drop if you are in a dungeon where personal loot is the option

Is that considered cheating in the eyes of ftp? I'd like to make a set that follows their rules or limitations if possible.

nah if that was cheating for f2ps then f2ps would've been cheating hella long ago farming rep/speed farming chest/ dungeon boes etc. Lots of f2ps have a 2nd subbed account tbh

Reactions: Dcm
Is that considered cheating in the eyes of ftp? I'd like to make a set that follows their rules or limitations if possible.
it's still technically within their limitations too, only thing considered cheating is obtaining something on that account that you'd need to be a paid account to obtain

I don't understand why no one plays ret paladins, in duels they're pretty much the best thing to play even Vs healers, against DPS they have two lifes due to the Bubble... makes them really incredible in any 1v1 scenario, in BG's they deal massive DMG and the self heal makes them a force to be reckoned with... Shajinavet owns on the bracket with his paladin.

It's a good class, don't listen to people telling you it's bad.

People don't play ret because they have only 2 dmg abilities, and after you use both right after each other, you are forced to heal or auto-attack.
That's not fun :/

I don't understand why no one plays ret paladins, in duels they're pretty much the best thing to play even Vs healers, against DPS they have two lifes due to the Bubble... makes them really incredible in any 1v1 scenario, in BG's they deal massive DMG and the self heal makes them a force to be reckoned with... Shajinavet owns on the bracket with his paladin.

Because dueling a paladin is just about switching to adaptation = never lose. No healer should lose to anything except some next-level crusader stacking, which is unlikely to happen in the 15 seconds before you die. As far as BG's go, rets are unique and awesome!

Ret can and is a great spec depending on your team comp and how many ranged classes the opposing side has. Ret without gap closers gets destroyed by hunters, druids, and mages. I've found ranged classes becoming more and more strong as expansions come and go, and unfortunately this one isn't an exception. A ret pally can destroy if they can get to the target, the issue is actually getting to the target and sticking on them long enough to land a kill without getting cc'd or stunned.

Personally I've never enjoyed playing dps classes. Healing is fun and the combination of all the micro decisions, positioning, and the mind games of baiting kick have kept me far more interested than playing dps ever could. Baiting out kicks is probably my favorite thing, especially in a 1v1 scenario. It's like a game within the game. I could go on and on about fakecasting; so much fun.

"Let`s make paladins great again!"....? :O
How can you make something great "again" if it never been great before? :p

I still cant understand the funny lil paladins who use the bubble just a few HP shy of death. What is the point? You are surrounded by 5+ guys from the opposite faction and you are still healing yourself like it really will make any difference. You will die just 5 secs later, let your fingers rest and dont spam heal in vain.
WoD ret paladin was amazing lol
You can literally chase people trying to kite you at 150+% movespeed as long as you are hitting them

Users who are viewing this thread