EU+US Let's make paladins great again!

tence

Legend
I've seen a distinct lack of paladins in games and it's made me sad. I think holy and ret are two specs that are really slept on and have the power to compete with the supposed "tier 1" classes like druid, shaman, and mages.

Lets get an open discussion about what you've tried and found that works, provide guidance for others, and generally encourage people to roll something other than tier 1 fotm.

For ret it seems like theres two camps of though; stack haste/vers or crit/vers. I've been having a lot of success with crit/vers personally.

For holy I'm noticing less of a need for int as previous xpacs. I'm doing a lot of overhealing, and will be trying to stack more haste than the previous 50 rating threshold. Is anyone else finding this too?

It's my hope that together we can min/max the class to be the powerhouse I see it being.

hpal could be as bad as mw monk in legion and id still play it honestly, but i think the issue, which is gonna be a constant thing no matter what, is people kinda have the "why play an ok class if i can play an op class" mindset

definitely wish it had more representation because it'll always be my favorite class, but what can you do

I'd state what works for me, but honestly we've almost always been on the same page about whats best for holy at the very least

"Let`s make paladins great again!"....? :O
How can you make something great "again" if it never been great before? :p

I still cant understand the funny lil paladins who use the bubble just a few HP shy of death. What is the point? You are surrounded by 5+ guys from the opposite faction and you are still healing yourself like it really will make any difference. You will die just 5 secs later, let your fingers rest and dont spam heal in vain.

I still cant understand the funny lil paladins who use the bubble just a few HP shy of death. What is the point? You are surrounded by 5+ guys from the opposite faction and you are still healing yourself like it really will make any difference. You will die just 5 secs later, let your fingers rest and dont spam heal in vain.

Hpal is literally so good. You dumb?

Bubble is arguably the best skill available to 20s if used correctly. Bubble immunity so that a node remains uncaptured for longer (leaving time for support to arrive). Bubble immunity when rushing an FC to ensure a return since you are immune to cc. Bubble immunity to ensure as holy you arent cc'd and can keep someone up. Etc etc.

If nothing else I enjoy making people work extra hard for that kill.
[doublepost=1555182163,1555181964][/doublepost]
hpal could be as bad as mw monk in legion and id still play it honestly, but i think the issue, which is gonna be a constant thing no matter what, is people kinda have the "why play an ok class if i can play an op class" mindset

definitely wish it had more representation because it'll always be my favorite class, but what can you do

I'd state what works for me, but honestly we've almost always been on the same page about whats best for holy at the very least

Makes me sad it's just all the same old faces playing this class that have played it for ages. I want there to be more people playing and I'm eager to share my knowledge and get people up to that next level and add even a tiny bit more diversity.

Bumping this up because I've made some minor changes in gearing and what I believe is BIS and min/maxed gearing.

Haste is more important than in previous patches, and stacking more of it will be more beneficial. I've found anything over about 500 flash of light heals to usually be overkill. The times you need the full amount, the speed of the cast is the deciding factor rather than what it actually heals for.

Stat priority now is 2 int > 1 haste, haste, stam, verse, crit.

With my general gearing you can hit about 1.3s flash of light in bgs fairly easily while also maintaining about 530 regular flash of light hits as well as defensive utility through boa neck + battlemaster trinket.

I'm not going to link to everything because I'm lazy but this is the general gearing idea.

Head: 11 haste, 6 vers engi goggles
neck: eternal amulet of the redeemed w/ mark of the ancient priestess
shoulders: strengthened stockade pauldrons w/ 2 int 1 haste enchant (imo boa is better than glitched shoulders)
cape: aurora 3/2 cape w/ 4 haste enchant (4 haste > 3 int imo)
chest: slitherscale w/ +45 mana
bracers: impatient/haste maxed aurora bracers w/ +4 haste enchant
gloves: slitherscale w/ glove reinforcements
belt: slitherscale
legs: slitherscale w/ exploit if you're lame
boots: slitherscale w/ 3 stam & minor speed
ring #1: impatient/haste maxed aurora ring w/ +2 haste
ring #2: black widow band w/ +2 haste
trinket #1: Defending champion
trinket#2: swift hand of justice/the boa one that has on use haste thingy
wep: epic refurbished archeus is BIS but whatever haste high int and haste will do w/ +14 sp or coastal surge (they both seem compareable to my testing so far)
shield: impatient/haste maxed aurora shield w/ +6 int

This will give you the most healing output as a vet hpally combined with good defensive cooldowns/options for when you get focused. The extra haste also means you can utilize beacon of light more easily with the faster global cooldown. I believe the lower casting speed from what I put forward as BIS is worth the int loss, since you're over healing so much more now.

I will be working on a FTP set as im bored and want the added challenge. P.S Looking for runs through WC :(

Have a pally holy and ret are plenty strong but to boooring to play.

Do you really not understand how valuable it is, to not be CC'd/damaged over an 8 second period?

Bumping this up because I've made some minor changes in gearing and what I believe is BIS and min/maxed gearing.

Haste is more important than in previous patches, and stacking more of it will be more beneficial. I've found anything over about 500 flash of light heals to usually be overkill. The times you need the full amount, the speed of the cast is the deciding factor rather than what it actually heals for.

Stat priority now is 2 int > 1 haste, haste, stam, verse, crit.

With my general gearing you can hit about 1.3s flash of light in bgs fairly easily while also maintaining about 530 regular flash of light hits as well as defensive utility through boa neck + battlemaster trinket.

I'm not going to link to everything because I'm lazy but this is the general gearing idea.

Head: 11 haste, 6 vers engi goggles
neck: eternal amulet of the redeemed w/ mark of the ancient priestess
shoulders: strengthened stockade pauldrons w/ 2 int 1 haste enchant (imo boa is better than glitched shoulders)
cape: aurora 3/2 cape w/ 4 haste enchant (4 haste > 3 int imo)
chest: slitherscale w/ +45 mana
bracers: impatient/haste maxed aurora bracers w/ +4 haste enchant
gloves: slitherscale w/ glove reinforcements
belt: slitherscale
legs: slitherscale w/ exploit if you're lame
boots: slitherscale w/ 3 stam & minor speed
ring #1: impatient/haste maxed aurora ring w/ +2 haste
ring #2: black widow band w/ +2 haste
trinket #1: Defending champion
trinket#2: swift hand of justice/the boa one that has on use haste thingy
wep: epic refurbished archeus is BIS but whatever haste high int and haste will do w/ +14 sp or coastal surge (they both seem compareable to my testing so far)
shield: impatient/haste maxed aurora shield w/ +6 int

This will give you the most healing output as a vet hpally combined with good defensive cooldowns/options for when you get focused. The extra haste also means you can utilize beacon of light more easily with the faster global cooldown. I believe the lower casting speed from what I put forward as BIS is worth the int loss, since you're over healing so much more now.

I will be working on a FTP set as im bored and want the added challenge. P.S Looking for runs through WC :(
Why the helm choice? If you use that specific affix it's only 17 secondary stats as opposed to 18 if you were to use the 10 haste/8 vers version.

I personally find this set to be kinda weird, I won't lie. I think I might stick to what I'm currently using now as I really like how it performs but I wouldn't mind trying out this one, always willing to keep an open mind

Why the helm choice? If you use that specific affix it's only 17 secondary stats as opposed to 18 if you were to use the 10 haste/8 vers version.

I personally find this set to be kinda weird, I won't lie. I think I might stick to what I'm currently using now as I really like how it performs but I wouldn't mind trying out this one, always willing to keep an open mind

I'm finding that as far as secondaries go vers isnt really needed. The only stats you need are haste, int, and enough stam to survive stuns from rogues to get an instant off. In my eyes 2 haste is more beneficial than 3 vers especially when you're already healing for enough with slitherscale and whatever other int stuff is on gear.

I'm just personally finding that usually when people die it's because I couldn't get a heal off in time, not because I healed for 550 instead of 580. Anything above 500-520 flash of lights aren't really needed honestly, and usually just overhealing.

It might look weird but it works. I've said it for multiple expansions now, haste is the most important healing stat, especially for a class that spends most of it's time hard casting spells.

I'm finding that as far as secondaries go vers isnt really needed. The only stats you need are haste, int, and enough stam to survive stuns from rogues to get an instant off. In my eyes 2 haste is more beneficial than 3 vers especially when you're already healing for enough with slitherscale and whatever other int stuff is on gear.

I'm just personally finding that usually when people die it's because I couldn't get a heal off in time, not because I healed for 550 instead of 580. Anything above 500-520 flash of lights aren't really needed honestly, and usually just overhealing.

It might look weird but it works. I've said it for multiple expansions now, haste is the most important healing stat, especially for a class that spends most of it's time hard casting spells.
Hrm, Im a bit of a vers whore and I wonder if maybe that comes from healing on a druid, where vers heavy dots free up globals for other stuff (like shifting and pewpew)

Im gonna haste stack my shaman and see if I like that more.

i just got done processing some very heavy emotions.
some of them were surprisingly old. ones i buried deep in my subconscious mind
when it all rose to the surface i bursted out into tears. i feel so much better now :)

i just scratched the surface. stillness and silence will show me what i've been hiding

have a blessed day everyone

You may think it's pointless, but it's actually very smart in some cases if used correctly. If you have multiple people on you, that takes those multiple people from being able to do objectives. Then when you bubble and heal yourself to full again, you're distracting them for longer. I've seen this done numerous times and it's secured not only capturing AB caps, but WSG flags because of the tunnel vision people get. Not only Paladins are capable of doing this, but they are capable of doing this without dying quicker because of the 8 second Mario Star buff ;)
[doublepost=1556929844,1556929713][/doublepost]
Hrm, Im a bit of a vers whore and I wonder if maybe that comes from healing on a druid, where vers heavy dots free up globals for other stuff (like shifting and pewpew)

Im gonna haste stack my shaman and see if I like that more.
Yea, I'm guilty of stacking versa on EVERY new healer I play because I'm so used to stacking versa on my druid lol

i just got done processing some very heavy emotions.
some of them were surprisingly old. ones i buried deep in my subconscious mind
when it all rose to the surface i bursted out into tears. i feel so much better now :)

i just scratched the surface. stillness and silence will show me what i've been hiding

have a blessed day everyone
are you okay lighter:(

are you okay lighter:(
better than ever

ontopic: im having fun playing zan troll pally. gonk loa stacks with minor speed and cloak speed giving me a whopping 117% passive movement speed. its not much but its something new to make pally feel less stale. i enjoy moving around quick, its a nice little switch up from constantly moving slow

this is not a QQ post, i have no issues with vets. i blame blizzard

paladins at low level lost so much, blizz robbed so much. stuff that should be baseline was made spec specific. some classes are lucky, were blizz will say consecration should only be X-spec, every mage spec has FROST NOVA. or they will take frost armor, still give it to each mage spec renamed/tooltip but still the same, basicly fake pruning.

as a 20 ret, having to go thru GCDs between 3 abilities that have 12 sec CD, 10 sec CD, 6 sec CD, then left with auto attacks, there is little hope when getting range kite spammed by bal/res druids, res shams, arc mage, hunters...no chance. i tried Prot (was good years back) but no luck there, tried holy using LFD to get max vers gear, that made a difference, but still easily globaled. arc mage is back to where they were back in CATA/MOP with a near no GCD between the back and forth cycle of arc bar and arc mis.

even F2P vs F2P, my pal any spec is helpless vs fury wars, res/bal, arc mage, disco, res shams. bubble offers a death delay, and LOH that was lol...moved to 55, is gone. F2P holy pal heals are too slow, so weak other classes cut thru like butter.

i notice that some do really good as holy, but that has a lot to do with the slither/fang set bonuses that were never deactivated or squished. the +18 int. +3 haste is huge these days after 6 years of squishes, as a F2P the way the loot system works in LFD, the only WC piece i would get is the gloves that can drop for anyone. the vets with the WC set, enchants, eng helm, alch flask +11 stats in BG, i can see really helps holy. that being said, many are usually in a minimade and that goes for Vet rets enhanted, who have told me they don't pug...i read that as they have to be with a good team...carried to some degree

it's really hard to roll F2P pals into BGs, i try usually for one daily win to get box then shelf it, same with warlock too, but then go mage, hunter, disco for repeat BGs, that being said i do not even bother with my F2p rogue, that class also robbed, mostly a open and get kited to death

Users who are viewing this thread