EU+US Legion neck chants - worthwhile?

icehawk

The Beast Within
I was just wondering if anyone has experience with the latest neck chants from Legion? Are they worth it for lvl 20's?
I was just doing some snooping and noticed the odd Vet with http://www.wowhead.com/spell=190894/mark-of-the-hidden-satyr chant on their neck. Only a few, not many but there are some with it.
Anyone know how often it procs (I know it won't proc in iPvP) but what about just general adventuring / questing / dungeons etc.
Just wondering if it's worth it. Anyone with experience if you could comment that would be great. Obviously you need to be sub'd up to obtain it but is it something I should be aiming for if I ever get those 10 days free, or is it so mind blowingly awesome that I should sub up for it?;)

It procs pretty often at max level and I can't remember a time when it didn't proc within the first few seconds of entering combat. I imagine it'd be a bit like having ele force on a bow. I say that because someone mentioned hidden satyr scaling down well on here. Can't remember where I read it.

Thanks @AlisterCrow & @Alex for your reply's. Actually sounds quite good if it procs frequently and hard.
I also saw there are a few other new neck chants, and one that fires a volley of arrows or something like that. That one could suit a Hunter more :D
I'm going to get it next time I get access to the AH. Cheers.

Mark of the Hidden Satyr is def. worth. If you want some numbers to crunch, I found some for you.

Real PPM (Procs Per Minute) = 2.5 * (1 + TotalHaste)

Damage = (TotalSpellPower + 26.48617 * SpellScalingArray1(PlayerLevel)) * TotalDamageMultiplier

Note that the spell power doesn't have much say at this level. You could ignore that in the equation. Nonetheless it is a factor.

Source: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/theor...rkofthehiddensatyr?spec=MageFire&version=live

You can use the links to view more details, should you be in doubt.

I dueled phron on his Ele and yeah hidden satyr procs somewhat often and almost always on the first spell cast. Hits for about 500+ damage

So guys, which is better the Satyr neck chant or Distant Army chant, or are they both the same? Distant Army seems to be like a DoT but is it AoE also?
I've treated myself to same game time for Christmas so I wanna get one and I can't afford to buy both. The Distant Army is more expensive.
What's the consensus for low level twinks regarding these Legion neck chants!
Also, any thoughts on the other chants for healers and tanks? Are they worth it? Any further assistance is appreciated!

i read somewhere that hidden satyr and distant army are both single target, but hidden satyr deals more damage. distant army could be better if it was aoe, but it isnt. though that was some time ago. not sure if it has changed

I apologize for necro'ing this old thread, but I've been inactive since the Legion Invasion, and I've only started playing again now because of the Love is in the Air event (what can I say.. I'm a sucker for grandfather'ed BiS gear, lol).

Anyways, in light of the new epic necklaces that drop off of Apothecary Hummel, is Mark of the Hidden Satyr still pretty much the best neck enchant for all DPS classes (like Elemental Force is/was)? What about for Tanks and Healers? Would they benefit from Satyr just as much; or would you guys recommend a different Legion neck enchant for them?

I apologize for necro'ing this old thread, but I've been inactive since the Legion Invasion, and I've only started playing again now because of the Love is in the Air event (what can I say.. I'm a sucker for grandfather'ed BiS gear, lol).

Anyways, in light of the new epic necklaces that drop off of Apothecary Hummel, is Mark of the Hidden Satyr still pretty much the best neck enchant for all DPS classes (like Elemental Force is/was)? What about for Tanks and Healers? Would they benefit from Satyr just as much; or would you guys recommend a different Legion neck enchant for them?
Satyr is still the best Legion chant. I have it on my Vets as for dps nothing beats it. I even have it on my tank for extra dps horsepower! The Armor chant from Legion doesn't scale well for us, actually none of the other Legion stat chants do :(

I do prefer the WoD chants for heals though. But it's good to have Satyr for when u want to dps on a heals but for extra healing power I'd go Vers or Haste from WoD.

That's my thoughts on the Legion neck chants.;)

Hidden Satyr is magical (fire) proc. Not effected by armor.
Distant army is physical (effected by your primary stat) proc and effected by armor.

From my testing
Distant army procs between 2-40 seconds.
Hidden Satyr procs between 30-60 seconds.
if it happen to crit : Hidden Satyr will hit harder but distant army will proc more often.

In short: if you use intellect - go with Hidden Satyr, if agillity or strength - Distant army.

+ While you are able to get necks you should just get both enchants as they are too much rng and you should go with what feels better for you.

Users who are viewing this thread