Legion Invasion - The Compendium

This is great, thank you. I'll chalk it up to insanely bad RNG then and spec back to prot.
It's not RNG, I get at least 1 piece of Gear, or a Coalesced Fel from EVERY Chest unless my Loot Specialization is set to Prot on Plate Classes. I just did this a minute ago and got only Nethershards.

What's your Loot Specialization set to (from your Character)? I ask because I too always do them as Prot but I received no loot until I changed the Loot Spec to something other than Prot while still set in combat as Prot.

I never change the Loot Spec and I assume it switches automatically when you switch spec, but I got the 1H Axe on 3 of my warriors while being prot. If I was Fury loot spec'd I would've gotten the 2H.

I've stopped receiving helms...

This is my plate wearer
yAM4c5k.png

And he has a full set already minus helm.

Similar for rogue...

I never change the Loot Spec and I assume it switches automatically when you switch spec, but I got the 1H Axe on 3 of my warriors while being prot. If I was Fury loot spec'd I would've gotten the 2H.
No your Loot Spec does not change every time you change actual Spec. You can set it to do so and that's the default but if you ever changed it to something else (within those actual Specs) then it stays that until you specifically alter it. As I said before, I have always done the invasions AS PROT but when I had my Loot Spec set to Prot I got the Chests with no Gear (both Warrior/Pally). As soon as I changed my Loot Spec to Fury/Holy/etc (while still being Prot) I started getting Gear out of the Chests. I'm not the only Player with this issue. Now my Druid and Monk have zero issues with Tank spec / Tank Loot Spec and getting Gear.

I got the 1H Prot weapon on all my warriors as well, which only drops from Prot chests.
Well I'm only missing 1-2 pcs on my 10 Pally and Warrior so as soon as I've got those i'll change to Prot Loot Spec and spam as many Invasions as I can stand to see if it's a bug that only effects SOME Players or if setting it to Prot means you have a very rare chance at getting Gear. To date I've done 5 Invasions set as Prot Loot Spec between my Pally/Warrior and got zero Gear from both Chests, so that's 10 Chests of nothing compared to the very often 2pcs I get from non-Prot Loot Spec'd Classes.

Good news everyone!! Blizz has now fixed the Prot Loot Spec'd Warrior/Pally not getting loot bug. I tested it over the past 2 Invasions on 2 Paladins and a Warrior and all 6 Chests had loot in them.

Last edited:
there is by chance a shield drop added? :)
Unless they changed what is in game no, only 10 of the original 20 Weapons from the first Data dump made it into the Invasion, and no OH/Shield at all :(

Users who are viewing this thread