EU+US Leech vs avoidance for ranged dps?

terpy

Grandfathered
Hey guys, first post here.

So I'm currently working on a hunter (bm/survival) and am trying to play it smart with buying my gear, as to make sure essentially every piece has either a socket or tertiary stat. Now i'm under the impression that it goes socket (+10 ilvls) > leech (+5-10 ilvls) > avoidance (+5ilvl) > speed?

How similar is avoidance to leech in importance? There are quite a few avoidance pieces on my AH right now, but no leech whatsoever. I believe I read that leech doesn't trigger off pet damage, so would that make avoidance more important to me?

I've already learned a lot on this forum, thank you guys for all the information!

I have no experience to back this up, but it sounds like leech would be better as a twink since you'll be hitting much harder than normal ppl so you'll get more out of leech. Also you'll hit harder relative to the content you're doing as you continue to get stronger. Again, i don't play this bracket so i can't give you a sure answer, but it seems like you'd get more effective hp out of leech if you do fat dmg which twinks do.

Avoidance caps at 20% which is 1-2 835 pieces. Legs with avoidance puts you at like 18% itself i believe.

Get leech.

I have no experience to back this up, but it sounds like leech would be better as a twink since you'll be hitting much harder than normal ppl so you'll get more out of leech. Also you'll hit harder relative to the content you're doing as you continue to get stronger. Again, i don't play this bracket so i can't give you a sure answer, but it seems like you'd get more effective hp out of leech if you do fat dmg which twinks do.

Avoidance caps at 20% which is 1-2 835 pieces. Legs with avoidance puts you at like 18% itself i believe.

Get leech.

Great, thank you guys! I'll take the time to look for leech gear then.

@Aelobin ran the numbers a while back based off of Mythic HFC Boss fights that have unmitigable Abilities and while being Avoidance Capped certainly helps, Leech still came out ahead. FYI at 101 Avoidance Hard Cap is ~562 Avoidance, or a Helm/Chest of ~855 iLvL.

20% avoidance then stack the absolute fuck out of leech as much as you can. Moonkyng (Twinkyng), who's a friend of mine who twinks a boomchicken, has almost 40% leech and I hardly ever see him get anywhere close to being dead.

I have zero avoidance, so I can't speak to it's effectiveness, but I have 18.5% leech and I can tell you I am basically unkillable outside of fall damage. I use a spirit beast, so I can get the little heal every now and then when I want it. If I get in trouble from multiple stuns/sheeps/fears, I can always hit exhilirate for the quick super heal on me and my pet. Mend pet and leech takes care of the pet (i use a tank pet usually). And in the rare instance that my pet dies, I turtle and have infinite rez of my tank.

To give you an idea of how OP it is, in HoV, I round up all the bulls and bears and tear them down with multi shot, dropping crows on one at a time. Then I go round up all the wolves and do the same (although wolves require my cool downs). In the end, my pet and I are at 100% health each time.

Users who are viewing this thread