LAG MACRO

So..... i was wondering..
Any plans on stop using this thing?

Who's doing this? I just read about some dork named Huzzle doing it

Can you actually lag macro like in the old days?

I didn't think that was possible, because even though it's classic wow, it's still built on the new, pre-existing framework,
and since lag macro'ing hasn't been a thing for ages and ages on retail, I would assume the same for classic?

Unless you're all just talking about lag7.

Who's doing this? I just read about some dork named Huzzle doing it
Weve got a winner!!! Ive seen some more.. but this guy doenst hide it.. tonight we premade against them for 2 hours ...
[doublepost=1588553081,1588552421][/doublepost]
Can you actually lag macro like in the old days?

I didn't think that was possible, because even though it's classic wow, it's still built on the new, pre-existing framework,
and since lag macro'ing hasn't been a thing for ages and ages on retail, I would assume the same for classic?

Unless you're all just talking about lag7.
I dont really know how this things work.. i can tell it makes u run in place for the period is lagging.. cauz i was def flag standing on site and teletransported me some meters away..

Weve got a winner!!! Ive seen some more.. but this guy doenst hide it.. tonight we premade against them for 2 hours ...
[doublepost=1588553081,1588552421][/doublepost]
I dont really know how this things work.. i can tell it makes u run in place for the period is lagging.. cauz i was def flag standing on site and teletransported me some meters away..

Yep, probably Lag7.

Lag7 is a program you can be permanently banned for using.

From what I remember hearing it's name comes from the maximum number of seconds you can lag before the server disconnects you. Presumably they hit a hotkey to "start lagging" and then either 7~ seconds or when they hit a hotkey for "stop lagging" it ends. While lagging they should stand still or continue same course and speed, I can't remember which. When it ends the server gets the new coords and places them there.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard automatically detects both the program Lag7 and / or consistently lagging from generally low latency connections. One day very likely Blizzard will just ban them during a ban wave, that's my guess.

Tbh I don't think this ever was even a thing, just a really weird circlejerk comment ppl used to throw around

Lag Macro works on classic but same as retail useless in around 99% of situations. Just drops ur FPS causes ur screen to freeze lets u juke people off the side easier coz ur char would 'teleport' below for a brief second before ending up back up because of the FPS lag.

Lag 7 also works on classic this is probably what the person is using; makes everyone around you look like they're running on the spot. You continue moving on your screen.
Hypothetical; You're on Roof you use lag 7. Everyone will see you running on the spot on roof. But on your screen you might be out ramp, once the 6-7 seconds has passed you will teleport to ramp on everyones screen in 'actual' time.
You can also use it to extend speed buffs.
Hypothetical; You have boots from tun, its about to run out, you use lag 7 so you keep boots for another 6-7 seconds. You're running on the spot for everyone but yourself. You keep going like you've had boots because technically you've had them for 6-7 seconds longer. It looks like you teleported from bottom of tun -> alliance ramp.
(If you do it for more than 6-7 seconds it causes you to fully lag out and you have to relog).

We got another lag spammer, a gnome called Giao from hydraxian waterlords. he constantly used it beeing fc. We couldt sap him, when we attack him we loos target after every smack...
We won btw^^
Imagine having to use external software to win at level 10-19 bracket

Last edited:
My computer back in '06 was a toaster, so I could lag macro by making a macro that spammed /chicken ten times. Press the macro 5 times, and I'd be lagging for 10 seconds.

In Westfall, levelers would chase my hunter they somehow couldn't hit that kept calling them a chicken. Meanwhile my pet ate them to death.

Users who are viewing this thread