US L1 PvE TWINK RAID #3!

Bóóbóókit

Grandfathered
DURNHOLDE KEEP
Level 1 PvE Raid
SUNDAY, March 5th 2017, 1:00pm PST

Durnholde keep, in Hillsbrad Foothills has a long and sordid history. From the old glory days of the Alliance, through its history as an internment camp and prison of the great Thrall, to it's occupation by The Syndicate, Durnholde Keep has seen a lot. A ghost of its former might, the keep now serves as a proving ground for horde recruits. It's ruins are stalked by five large elementals, cursed to wander the grounds, waiting for the next challenger to test their metal.

Well, their next challenge will be a bunch of level 1s! Let's show them what we can do.

We will be raiding each of the 5 elementals in the order listed below. Many of them have cool abilities that mimic some raid bosses and their sheer size will round out the encounter as a nice challenge.

ENCOUNTERS:

1. Zepherus, L25 Elite: 3,940 Health
280810.jpg

Abilities:
Tornado
Wind Shear

2. Teracula, L25 Elite: 4,728 Health
186957.jpg

Abilities:
Rupture Line

3. Bloodvenom-L25 Elite: 5,516 Health
398645.jpg

Abilities:
Water Spout

4. Infernus-L25 Elite: 6,304 Health
186955.jpg

Abilities:
Conflagration
Rush of Flame

5. D-1000-L25 Elite: 7,880 Health
186954.jpg

Abilities:
Enrage
Frost Breath
Gargoyle Strike
Swipe
All level 1 Twinks are welcome to participate and the only qualification is full BoA (except rings). BYOC (Bring your own consumables). This is an Alliance raid, but cross-faction participation is welcome. If you bring a Hordie, DO NOT flag yourself or attempt to attack other flagged raid members. This will badly mess up the raid (Feel free to duel).

VENT required. Server will be provided on raid day. For you L1 PvPers, consider Elemental Slayer enchant for this Raid. Elemental Force proc doesn't hit against mobs at levels this high.

ROSTER:
Sign up with charachter name and battletag, either by PM or reply. Ask questions below. The roster will be updated on this post.

TANKs(1):

Riccia(Spikman)-Alliance Hunter

HEALS(1):

Dressings-Alliance Warrior

DPS(4):

*Jerrylickens(JeroyLinkens)-Horde Rogue
*Jonnes(Englavian)-Alliance Rogue
Lvunochampo(ShinyHero)-Alliance Rogue
Stizzynocoin(Showtune)-Alliance Monk

*tentative
() Available Alternate

Last edited:
Let me quote myself:

"Hm... :) Who the hell want to be a lvl 1-9 twink these days? Maybe I dont understand it. Im a new to WoW. Can you explain to me, what a lvl 1 Twink can do? Can he do some BGs or DFs? Or even kill someone on the low level Horde/Ally areas? What is the point? I dont get it. ;]"

Whats your gain or joy to do 1 lvl twink stuff? :}

Let me quote myself:

"Hm... :) Who the hell want to be a lvl 1-9 twink these days? Maybe I dont understand it. Im a new to WoW. Can you explain to me, what a lvl 1 Twink can do? Can he do some BGs or DFs? Or even kill someone on the low level Horde/Ally areas? What is the point? I dont get it. ;]"

Whats your gain or joy to do 1 lvl twink stuff? :}

I'm keen. Hit me up on my btag, or Discord. I got a Rouge on Horde, and a Hunter on Alliance.

Thank you all for the positive replies. I apologize for not updating sooner, but I've had some rl stuff that needed attention. The raid is still on and I expect some other participants from the past will join us in the eleventh hour.

Roster is up to 6, last call for adds

Looks like I missed this one :/

Well, raid day was a bust. Props to Jonnes, who was the only one that showed. After making the effort to put together three PvE raids for the 1's community, I've found a few reasons for lack of participation:

First and foremost is the reluctance by most players to participate without first confirming that there will be a lot of attendance. The first question I get from most players when I ask if they're going to join up for a raid is "How many people are going?" or "How many people do you have?" If the answer is 0-2 at the time, then they will pass on participating. This has a predictable effect: It's hard to get enough people to get more people. The solution here is that if you like the L1 PvE raids, just commit, get on the roster, and more will join.

Second, are the no-shows. People that commit or tentatively commit to the raid and then just don't show. Realizing life happens, there is not much to be done here, other than to say you should only sign up if there's a reasonable chance you'll be there. Generally, we lose about 25-30% of the raid to no shows, except this last time, where we lost about 77%.

Lastly are the trolls. The people who come from other areas of the forum to talk crap about 1's or otherwise fill the thread with off topic replies that keep the focus off signup. Can't do much about this though as the mods don't really give a crap.

Based on the past signups, we have about 15 people that like the L1 PvE raids. A 15-person raid one day would be awesome. The post-raid feedback from raids 1 and 2 were overwhelmingly positive and hope this encourages increased participation in the future.

Regards,

B

Well, raid day was a bust. Props to Jonnes, who was the only one that showed. After making the effort to put together three PvE raids for the 1's community, I've found a few reasons for lack of participation:

First and foremost is the reluctance by most players to participate without first confirming that there will be a lot of attendance. The first question I get from most players when I ask if they're going to join up for a raid is "How many people are going?" or "How many people do you have?" If the answer is 0-2 at the time, then they will pass on participating. This has a predictable effect: It's hard to get enough people to get more people. The solution here is that if you like the L1 PvE raids, just commit, get on the roster, and more will join.

Second, are the no-shows. People that commit or tentatively commit to the raid and then just don't show. Realizing life happens, there is not much to be done here, other than to say you should only sign up if there's a reasonable chance you'll be there. Generally, we lose about 25-30% of the raid to no shows, except this last time, where we lost about 77%.

Lastly are the trolls. The people who come from other areas of the forum to talk crap about 1's or otherwise fill the thread with off topic replies that keep the focus off signup. Can't do much about this though as the mods don't really give a crap.

Based on the past signups, we have about 15 people that like the L1 PvE raids. A 15-person raid one day would be awesome. The post-raid feedback from raids 1 and 2 were overwhelmingly positive and hope this encourages increased participation in the future.

Regards,

B

Sorry to hear this happened, I just got back on wow recently with a sub, and regeared my level ones ally and horde side, and am looking forward to a level 1 raid whenever the next one is. :)

Thanks for setting this up Boobookit. Sorry to hear such few people turned up, but honestly an exact date should have been announced much earlier than it was. I was unable to participate myself, as the raid time conflicted with my work hours.

I'd suggest we could set another date and time to attempt a re-run at this raid, cause Durnholde's a pretty damn good place for this. This time however a date and time should be set before gauging interest.

Or we can just accept that we're dead and move on to playing something else until something happens that makes ones fun to play again.

And that's the kind of negativity that can keep us dead, Jonnes

Mah dudes... Come to european servers and i'm down with downing fel reaver in a 48 hours straight raid...

Users who are viewing this thread