EU+US Itemisation for F2P

JD92

Veteran
Hey guys,
Go easy.. this is my first post on a forum of any kind ever...
Stat priorities for the 20-29 bracket, are they the same as end game?
I'm trying an arcane mage out at the moment and don't know what to stack so have a bank filled with gear just in case. Doing all quests that reward gear for the epics. Another thing, am I insane or do I remember something about item level scaling in PVP so you should just rock the highest item level pieces for bgs.

Little longwinded, sorry about that!
Thanks if anyone replies :)

Stat priorities for the 20-29 bracket, are they the same as end game?
Nope the secondaries scale differently. For example Vers scales super well at this level until about 20% and is a huge priority stat for most classes
I'm trying an arcane mage out at the moment and don't know what to stack so have a bank filled with gear just in case.
You should focus vers then get enough haste to where you feel comfortable and switch to crit. Haste/Crit after vers seems to be personal preference for most people on arc mage. I run haste heavy since i like the lower gcd
Another thing, am I insane or do I remember something about item level scaling in PVP so you should just rock the highest item level pieces for bgs.
That was in Legion and is no longer the case

Thanks a lot. That's super helpful. Glad I didn't get rid of any gear! Is there anything else I'm missing regarding gearing? As I said working through all available quests, got what i can from dungeons, bg crates and world drop stuff like foamspittle staff... I feel like I'm missing something, probably a subscription haha!

Thanks a lot. That's super helpful. Glad I didn't get rid of any gear! Is there anything else I'm missing regarding gearing? As I said working through all available quests, got what i can from dungeons, bg crates and world drop stuff like foamspittle staff... I feel like I'm missing something, probably a subscription haha!
There's no generalized gearing guide for f2p, but you can use parts of the veteran quick start guide to gear a pure f2p.
https://xpoff.com/threads/veteran-quick-start-gearing-guide-bfa.82655/

Foamspittle is bis for pure f2p Warlock, Mage, and Priest f2ps.

I would also peruse through the f2p armory list thread for gear reference checks.
https://xpoff.com/threads/f2ps-armory-list.266/

Arcane mage is played differently for each person. As you're getting comfy with yours. You will know what it is you need to fix and touch up. Welcome!

Is there anything else I'm missing regarding gearing? As I said working through all available quests, got what i can from dungeons, bg crates and world drop stuff like foamspittle staff...
If you're horde then theres the Krom'gar Quartermaster but as ally if your quest helm in stonetalon doesn't upgrade then you can kill the rares in Azshara for cloth helms with secondaries. Example below
upload_2020-2-29_20-25-19.png

Theres an additional vendor in Hillsbrad as well if you managed to snag some Timewalking badges on your toon during the anniversary event.

For trinkets look into party sync and DMF

If you're horde then theres the Krom'gar Quartermaster but as ally if your quest helm in stonetalon doesn't upgrade then you can kill the rares in Azshara for cloth helms with secondaries. Example below
View attachment 14776

Theres an additional vendor in Hillsbrad as well if you managed to snag some Timewalking badges on your toon during the anniversary event.

For trinkets look into party sync and DMF
Can also get the helm from party sync chests. Mentioning for OP's sake.

Big thanks guys, massively helpful. Will be using these forums on the regular now :)

Users who are viewing this thread