EU+US Item level buff macro

Shinela

Not your everyday tank
Hi!

After an hour or two of fiddling around, I managed to make a macro that shows you how much your current equipped item level is affecting your damage done and damage taken, based on percentages.

/run local x,z=GetAverageItemLevel();l=UnitLevel("player")+10;a=((floor(z)-l)*5/3);a=floor(a*100)/100;d=(floor(z)-l); if a>0 then print(a,'% dmg done'); print (-d,'% dmg taken'); else print("You are below the base item level") end

Well done mate, what an incredible tool to have. Shame only a handful of people will utilize and realize how helpful this actually is.

But it will help the handful that -do- use it, and what little help it brings is better than nothing.
What matters more is that I learned how to make these macros now, which leaves potential for other such macros in the future :)

indeed. [emoji106]

Has anyone made a new macro for the PvP resilience changes?

Or at the least knows the formula?
I tried testing with a Mage friend but damage was all over the place, best to test with a dot spec for consistency.

New project perhaps? Tip your toes in the pvp pond?

indeed. [emoji106]

Has anyone made a new macro for the PvP resilience changes?

Or at the least knows the formula?
I tried testing with a Mage friend but damage was all over the place, best to test with a dot spec for consistency.

New project perhaps? Tip your toes in the pvp pond?

Haha :p I can always give it a try

Try this. It works for my warrior at least.
Hmm yeh it works but is the exact same as a macro I already had.
I thought resil was nerfed but perhaps it was just over scaled and is now working correctly?
In my resto pvp set I have 30% resil but after patch it did not feel like I was taking 30% less damage.
If no one elese has tested I will put some game time on my other account and test actual resilience % and versa % comparisons.

Hmm yeh it works but is the exact same as a macro I already had.
I thought resil was nerfed but perhaps it was just over scaled and is now working correctly?
In my resto pvp set I have 30% resil but after patch it did not feel like I was taking 30% less damage.
If no one elese has tested I will put some game time on my other account and test actual resilience % and versa % comparisons.

I'll test this later on this week and give you the results as best I can

Is this applicable at any level? I've gotten my 60 to 66.81iLvl and it still returns <0 (below base).

I'm super into hyper-optimisation; if there is any way that I can squeeze some higher numbers on a screen out of my fantasy pixels then you have my full attention and resources.
I would imagine if you moved the numbers around sure, since each bracket has its own Ilvl “ceiling”. So this one seems to be tuned to 70

I am so confused by reading this. lol
I am playing wow for 10 years now and I have no idea what you all are talking about. I feel left out :( reached 1445 2v2 rating back in 2014 and have a couple of mythics under the belt but as far as macro's go /challenge /lol is as far as it goes for me. think I can up my game a bit more to understand what you'all talking about here!

I am so confused by reading this. lol
I am playing wow for 10 years now and I have no idea what you all are talking about. I feel left out :( reached 1445 2v2 rating back in 2014 and have a couple of mythics under the belt but as far as macro's go /challenge /lol is as far as it goes for me. think I can up my game a bit more to understand what you'all talking about here!
tl;dr:
It doesn't matter unless you play low level pve.

Long version:
In Warlords of Draenor blizzard did something called a "stat squish" which lowered the stats on every item in the game in order to bring damage/healing/health numbers to a more reasonable level. That also meant they smoothed out the power curve from 1 to 100 (meaning you gained less stats per level than you did before, relatively).

Because of the stat squish, there was no longer a big stat difference between low and high tier gear within the expansions. For example Karazhan gear was now comparable to Sunwell gear stat-wise, whereas previously Sunwell gear would've been a lot more powerful.
So in order to "fix" this lack of a power gap between tiers, blizzard stealth implemented a system we started to call "the item level boost", which made your character more powerful while within PvE instances based on their item level. Kind of like the PVP stat template system that came out one expansion later, but different, because this one didn't change your stats, it just made you do more damage, more healing and take less damage in the form of flat percentage modifiers.
The end result was that Sunwell gear was still generally the best gear to wear (not because of its stats but because of its higher item level).

Fast forward to the Battle for Azeroth pre-patch when they implemented another stat squish, this time including an item level squish as well. After the pre-patch went live we were quickly able to confirm that the item level boost system was still active in low level PVE instances, but because all the item level values had changed we were unsure of the exact numbers.
That's what this thread is about; Shinela posted a macro that allows us to check exactly what damage/healing/reduction bonuses we are getting from our item level again.

Users who are viewing this thread