It was fun while it lasted...

Zulu

OG
unknown.png

It seems right... Sitting on the burning Inn of Goldshire during a world event, while players scramble for water failing to put the fires out. And why may you ask? Well, there's just not enough of them... A quote from a player during my returning few hours "I'm going home... The fire just spreads too fast"
And a few less fires will be put out next year as well.

It is a sad day for all of us in the 20's bracket. You are the real OG's the last surviving veterans of the days that once were. I decided, as I logged off hopefully for the last disappointing time, to send you all a message as it just wouldn't be right to leave without at least wishing you all well.

This is a clear example of why WoW is dying, Blizzard has no clue how to retain players, and this is evidence that they do not deserve such a dedicated community of players. I hope you all read this and remember it:

There is a whole world out there, I send this to you now from an Organic Farm I have been living on with family beyond blood, and now I am moving to start a community from scratch and give back to nature. I'm not saying you have to go that far away from WoW, but for gods sake- stop supporting this dogshit company. They do not deserve your love; for the game, for the competition, for collecting, and hanging out with friends. Go on to play other games at least, find other stuff to steer your passion into. Please, do not get swept up into the WoW Classic wave... Don't waste another 10 years of your life being chained to the computer screen.
You all have discord servers, you have groups of gamers that love the same thing, go and find something that you can all enjoy together.

I really wish you all a lovely life ahead of you, you're all talented in some way, surviving this long in such a brutal niche community on WoW is evidence of that.

Fatolympics, out.

unknown.png

It seems right... Sitting on the burning Inn of Goldshire during a world event, while players scramble for water failing to put the fires out. And why may you ask? Well, there's just not enough of them... A quote from a player during my returning few hours "I'm going home... The fire just spreads too fast"
And a few less fires will be put out next year as well.

It is a sad day for all of us in the 20's bracket. You are the real OG's the last surviving veterans of the days that once were. I decided, as I logged off hopefully for the last disappointing time, to send you all a message as it just wouldn't be right to leave without at least wishing you all well.

This is a clear example of why WoW is dying, Blizzard has no clue how to retain players, and this is evidence that they do not deserve such a dedicated community of players. I hope you all read this and remember it:

There is a whole world out there, I send this to you now from an Organic Farm I have been living on with family beyond blood, and now I am moving to start a community from scratch and give back to nature. I'm not saying you have to go that far away from WoW, but for gods sake- stop supporting this dogshit company. They do not deserve your love; for the game, for the competition, for collecting, and hanging out with friends. Go on to play other games at least, find other stuff to steer your passion into. Please, do not get swept up into the WoW Classic wave... Don't waste another 10 years of your life being chained to the computer screen.
You all have discord servers, you have groups of gamers that love the same thing, go and find something that you can all enjoy together.

I really wish you all a lovely life ahead of you, you're all talented in some way, surviving this long in such a brutal niche community on WoW is evidence of that.

Fatolympics, out.

Agreed, wholeheartedly. In my mind, I sometimes wish I could come back to this community and see it bustling with life and activity again. But sadly, the glory days are over, and it's clear which way the wind is blowing. GLHF, peace out

Blizzard has no clue how to retain players, and this is evidence that they do not deserve such a dedicated community of players.

How to retain players...... who arent subbed..... unsubbed..... but..... playing....? :FrogeConcern:

I'm sorry to rain on your little pity party but what do they lose by offering subbed players more? If every single f2play quits all they lost was unpaid server usage and complaints from paying levelers. I gotta admit, you people are pretty unreal. :kekD:

Trust me, Blizz be like:

qLVTQCx.jpg

Last edited:
How to retain players...... who arent subbed..... unsubbed..... but..... playing....? :FrogeConcern:

I'm sorry to rain on your little pity party but what do they lose by offering subbed players more? If every single f2play quits all they lost was unpaid server usage and complaints from paying levelers. I gotta admit, you people are pretty unreal. :kekD:

Trust me, Blizz be like:

qLVTQCx.jpg

If Blizzard could actually retain players, subbed players would be playing endgame content instead of playing in a bracket where the amount of abilities they have corresponds to their IQ

Trust me, Blizz be like:

qLVTQCx.jpg
they are smarter then we give them credit for. we are all playing and paying for classic regerg

Trust me, Blizz be like:

qLVTQCx.jpg

1. It's not like any of us don't spend money on WoW, multi subbed accounts, WoW tokens, mogs, etc...
2. The reason the game is dying is because of all the variety of gameplay leaving, everyone is getting funnelled into "the one wow experience" that is endgame, and it's just boring and predictable. They should be bolstering their niche communities... believe it or not, people WANT to support the games that support them. Look at Riot Games and how well they have done. Blizzard is just a joke now, its a company going under with enough many knee deep fantasy dreamers chasing the dragon that they can stay afloat.

Holidays that rarely change gear or other items every year never will generate participation. Once your toon gets the achievement or items, why bother with that same event? Return around 11/15 if F2P can access the Primal Storms event, it should draw more players in.

Go on to play other games at least, find other stuff to steer your passion into. Please, do not get swept up into the WoW Classic wave... Don't waste another 10 years of your life being chained to the computer screen.
Classic has been good to me. Especially because I am *specifically* refusing to do more end game than I need to do in order to twink.

Gaming is a rough trap to get caught in and I wish you all the best as you break free in whatever manner works the best for you.

Is OP the tauren hunter Fatapult from like 10 years ago?

I ran into a couple familiar names but don't remember which bracket they come from

The other day I also ran into gadrinheals.

Flashbacks to the old days man

Trust me, Blizz be like:

qLVTQCx.jpg
A few things,

Many of us maintain multiple wow accounts. Myself having 3, many having more than I do.

Many of us have paid the sub for over a decade as well as multiple xpac fees and character services.

You can play lvl 20 bgs locked @ lvl 20 with a sub now.

Blizzard themself created a system whereby one can sub their account without paying any money.

Monthly active player counts have basically halved since 2017.

"Pure F2Ps" are basically white elephants these days dude. Go yell at your clouds somewhere else

Go yell at your clouds somewhere else

Exactly what "f2play" and vet are doing tho, no?

Yelling at 29 for doing exactly the same thing they've been doing in the xpON games for years now.

29 "ruined" the only bracket they can queue BECAUSE they pay for the game... wtf did f2play/vet do to levelers?? For nothing??

Talk all you want about extra accounts blah blah blah, reality is, vets especially, the majority were just there to crap on levelers and once they were gone.... shocker, game over.

Blizz created it, blizz changed it. Cost you zero $$$ and still the complaining is rampant. No sympathy deserved, none given

29 are doing nothing wrong, aside from those damn hunters. :Kappa:

Tbh whenever I see a glave wall of text I just ignore it but still somehow literally hear "woof woof woof".

Exactly what "f2play" and vet are doing tho, no?

Yelling at 29 for doing exactly the same thing they've been doing in the xpON games for years now.

29 "ruined" the only bracket they can queue BECAUSE they pay for the game... wtf did f2play/vet do to levelers?? For nothing??

Talk all you want about extra accounts blah blah blah, reality is, vets especially, the majority were just there to crap on levelers and once they were gone.... shocker, game over.

Blizz created it, blizz changed it. Cost you zero $$$ and still the complaining is rampant. No sympathy deserved, none given

29 are doing nothing wrong, aside from those damn hunters. :Kappa:
Most of it seems like sorrow rather than malice. You seem perfectly content to pop up with your tongue out whenever someone voices their opinion.

You seem perfectly content to pop up with your tongue out whenever someone voices their opinion.

Only when their opinion is that paying customers are evil and free play should somehow be entitled to a better experience.

NO locked level should be in with leveling masses. Period.

Now there are none but 50? Maybe? Their pity house flames up really soon too.... wonder how much QQ those paying customers will have about it.....

Edit- seriously... all entitled sobbing aside.... what business sense does it make AT ALL that the best pvp "twinking" level locked experience in the game REQUIRED that you NOT PAY THEM FOR IT....??

Wtf crazy kool aid are you people guzzling??

Last edited:
Only when their opinion is that paying customers are evil and free play should somehow be entitled to a better experience.

NO locked level should be in with leveling masses. Period.

Now there are none but 50? Maybe? Their pity house flames up really soon too.... wonder how much QQ those paying customers will have about it.....

Edit- seriously... all entitled sobbing aside.... what business sense does it make AT ALL that the best pvp "twinking" level locked experience in the game REQUIRED that you NOT PAY THEM FOR IT....??

Wtf crazy kool aid are you people guzzling??
the f2p i see on the forums and the few discords im in are hyped on new talent trees, trying out new builds for dungeon clearing, even a couple talking about getting some 20s arena skirms going to try out everything before the big gear shakeup next month.

there is no whining or complaining about 29s. No pity parties. No moaning. I know you hate it when i say this because i am not “we” but by all appearances we’ve moved on

The only time anyone really brings it up is when you abd glance decide to troll us about it. Which is what your tirades have become; disingenuous trolling.

As Chops stated, most vets went 29… I’ve always been a lvl 10-19 twinker until they opened 29 up to get Pvp queues. Everyone I have met thus far and become friends with was previously a 20 vet. They all love 29 aside from obvious balance issues.

At this point, anyone still complaining about the 29’s should either quit doing Pvp, or Sub and join. The entire idea of a F2P account is to give players a taste of the game in hopes of gaining a long term subscriber. They gain absolutely nothing by catering to people who wish to play for free for years with no intention of subbing.

Blizz could definitely do a few things to mitigate the power gap from 20-29 inside of BG’s but that’s a separate topic in itself.

I think the 29 bracket has potential to thrive in DF as long as the damage output isn’t completely busted. You should at least give it a shot before knocking the entire experience.

Users who are viewing this thread