EU+US It took 13 years...

Literally not a real issue if hunters just turned off growl themselves. Also, might open up some problems like if the tank leaves and the hunter won't be able to use pet to tank

Literally not a real issue if hunters just turned off growl themselves. Also, might open up some problems like if the tank leaves and the hunter won't be able to use pet to tank

Maybe they will allow it to be turned back on, just disabled upon entering.

So we won't hear 'turn the damn growl off stupid hunter!' from the tanks anymore. Nice

Honestly, I just see it as yet another way they are dumbing the game down.

I get theirs quality of life updates, and making things overall easier for reasons. But to me it's just hand holding in a genre of game that I don't like to see that in.

I can only imagine if the majority of todays WoW players played EQ or UO in their prime.

Honestly, I just thought it was funny that something they mentioned changing in... 2.1? finally got changed. That and pets aggro radius is now 6 meters smaller.

In other news, theres actually some pretty big hunter pet changes in BfA that, if you play hunter (booooo) you should check out.

In short, pet types will have a set specialization tree (no more ferocity turtles or tenacity cats, sorry boys) and those specializations will come with standardized abilities. Every ferocity pet gets bloodlust and 10% lifesteal for pet+you, for example. Cunning pets get a mini trinket and move speed boost for you+pet (8%! Holy shit!). Tenacity gets some dmg reduction and health boost.

And individual pet types have special abilities that have been standardized. They are hamstring, mortal wounds, an automatic shield wall, and purge (which is currently not available until lvl 35)

Things like heart of the phoenix/last stand/roar of sacrifice have been removed, however certain exotic pets will have similar abilities.

More detailed info here.

oh mah gawd, finally! +1

well to be fair hunter pets are usually FAR more intelligent than pug tanks

they use their aoe abilties and defensive cooldowns like Last Stand or w/e automatically when their HP is low unlike tanks that dont use Cds at all

hunter pets with growl on save u in heroic dungeons(especially when you have a retard tank not using defensive CDs and dps not using CC cuz they will draw off a random DPS or even a boss giving a healer some respite)

idk why ppl cried about growl on i never found it a problem

Last edited:

they use their aoe abilties and defensive cooldowns like Last Stand or w/e automatically when their HP is low unlike tanks that dont use Cds at all

hunter pets with growl on save u in heroic dungeons(especially when you have a retard tank not using defensive CDs and dps not using CC cuz they will draw off a random DPS or even a boss giving a healer some respite)

Yeah but theres also the new players at low level who taunt and pull everything

Blizz could expand on the pet spell things and make different pet species have different abilities and stats too (I.e bears have high up and attack but attack slow)
Would encourage people to get other pets instead of having a moth that hits as hard as a bear

Not so much a problem, more a matter of a tiny bit more dps. Pet growls > pet dies > no pet dmg > less dps.

Users who are viewing this thread