EU+US Islands Expeditions General Discussion

Speedruns

Veteran
Hey peeps,

Been thinking that it'd be great to have a place to discuss islands expeditions, where everyone can ask any questions and we can share information/tips/help eachother.

Today was a big day for islands, as summed up here: https://www.wowhead.com/news=289098...d-for-tides-of-vengeance-rewards-strategies-n

New maps, mobs, invasion, AI teams, new mounts, toys, bpets, transmog, azerite mining event has changed, and there's a new loot system: drops are based on mobs that spawned, not what you killed, meaning you can just finish as fast as possible even if aiming for drops.

There's also an item you can purchase for 25 dubs allowing you to use your flight whistle to go back to boat while on islands, there might be situations where it can shave a few seconds off a run.

Sadly I won't have much time for islands tonight, but I'd love to hear what ya'll think!

I did get a moment to grab the two new vendor mounts, putting me at 6 islands mounts :D

Love this Albatross!

u716bsm.png

Looking forward to farming the new stuff and optimizing the two new maps!

Last edited:
Out of 5 island expeditions that I did on my 120 at normal difficulty. I got 2 boe greens, a rep turn in and a pet. Pretty good change I would say. The new islands also seem to have a good use for glider.

I just did the drustvar one and ragequit lol! Stun charge stun interupt stun! I did get a pet tho. Ill have to change my strategy since a fully stacked drain life doesnt 1 shot rares anymore..

Edit: I did 2 more and it's not as fast as it used to be. I almost feel like I need to drop some speed boost to take time to double dot everything . I'll do more testing tomorrow

Last edited:
I was hoping "more rares less trash" could translate into more chances at loot at the end... guess not. I cant get anything.

Started off getting rare loot every run. Since then I haven't got squat.

Did 5 runs and got nothing. I killed like every rare too.

Anyone do these on a 120 in heroic/mythic curious about the drop rates there. Also curious if they get more coins when they get the bag of them.

ran a few islands last night on my boomkin. I feel like way faster now? like my run speed after an encounter with trash mobs or something is fast af almost like 101 dhs in legion but not quite as fast

its not sustained or anything either so its my buffs
did they buff speed or a speed related trait or something?

trying to avoid anything that looks like a troll. and yetis. also spiders, but i cant see them. really wish as a DH i had a way to DoT up the mobs as i run though them so they could die enroute to me giving me a movement buff. maybe switch out a trinket with a dot that does chaos dmg.. if thats even a thing lol. should have a leggo tonight which should i choose!?

should have a leggo tonight which should i choose!?

For DH the primary is Raddons, in the off chance you don't already have that one. It's.... everything for DH and IE.

edit- assuming you have that, then I think it's the crafted boots for speed, or Sephuz… for speed.

3 islands so far on my 111 and I've gotten Plate Shoulders and a pet. The islands definitely seem faster which is great.

Curious, did the azerite reward get nerfed? Did 3 islands in a row on my 110 and got 20 azerite power each (HoA currently level 25)

It looks like the World Quest that rewarded bonus AP / experience has been replaced with the weekly treasure map one.

Side-note super disappointed the Tricorn hats require at least level 110 to transmog.

Curious, did the azerite reward get nerfed? Did 3 islands in a row on my 110 and got 20 azerite power each (HoA currently level 25)
You will still get 125 or so. I was getting more than 20, as I ate away like 500AP last night. The problem is no free 350 for the weekly quest.

I guess invasions will make up for that. I am waiting on them to put the horde map back so I can get the FP on the other side that my main has.

Experience got nerfed too. My brother was only getting 9% per run and they take me and extra minute with him participating

Experience got nerfed too. My brother was only getting 9% per run and they take me and extra minute with him participating
I noticed they used to give over 100k xp per as a bonus, that is down to 70k or so.

The amount of mobs are way less.

TBH I find the new layout pretty boring. Part of the fun for me was pulling a massive stack of shit and globalling it. Now if I do that I am probably pulling disorient mobs, root mobs, stun mobs, and magic damage mobs that hurt like hell when 5-10 of them are shooting you every 1-2 seconds.

Also done about 10 now and not a single piece of loot/mount/pet. Pretty lame as I killed every rare in every one I did...

Users who are viewing this thread