Is world PvP alive? What level can a f2p kill?

Hardc0re

Legend
So since WoW is becoming absurdly expensive in my country, I decided to cancel my sub.

I have some game time left and I really like wow, I plan to make a strong 20 twink to keep playing after the sub ends.

So I have 2 questions:
- I'd like to know how higher a level can a lvl 20 twink realistically kill right now. Skills can only get you so far right?

- I also would like to know if I should roll Alliance if I'm looking for wPvP (since horde is overpopulated in general). I preffer playing horde but if the maps are empty of alliance I'd rather play the underdog and have access to more adrenaline-heavy encounters :)

Thanks in advance <3

So I have 2 questions:
- I'd like to know how higher a level can a lvl 20 twink realistically kill right now. Skills can only get you so far right?

- I also would like to know if I should roll Alliance if I'm looking for wPvP (since horde is overpopulated in general). I preffer playing horde but if the maps are empty of alliance I'd rather play the underdog and have access to more adrenaline-heavy encounters :)

- The highest level I killed was 45. I'd say a fully decked out twink has a fair chance against high levels, but that depends a lot on what kind of gear they're wearing and the spec they're playing. For example, against a hybrid spec, chances are that you're going to get hard clapped as the player will very likely be able to outheal your damage. I hate fighting Shamans, Priests and Paladins, for instance. Conversely though, if the player is full of say, questing gear instead of heirlooms, it is more manageable even if it is a hybrid spec. Still hard, but not impossible to go through the healing. That being said, my favorite specs to pick a fight with whenever I see a high level in the open world are pure DPS ones, such as Warlocks and Warriors. Important to notice as well, however, is the fact that the spec you're playing matters a lot too. I for one play Survival Hunter and am aware that I do truckloads of damage, so when I see a fight I'm sure I can pick, I just go full monkey and instadive. I love messing around in Gorgrond WMON and then finding a random ass horde 30+ Warlock/Rogue/Mage/Warrior questing through the zone that evaporates in seconds :)

- I would say go Alliance, yeah. It has better chances of finding WPVP than Horde for sure.

You see a level 40 something warlock it is all fun and games until they 1 shot you with soulfire @Gandara
Well, that never happened to me at least. As a Nelf Hunter it isn't particularly hard to avoid. Interrupt, freezing trap, feign death, shadowmeld... can even spec into explosive trap for a displacement interrupt x)

Something funny though is that I usually find way more Affliction Warlocks out in the open than Destruction.

Well, that never happened to me at least. As a Nelf Hunter it isn't particularly hard to avoid. Interrupt, freezing trap, feign death, shadowmeld... can even spec into explosive trap for a displacement interrupt x)

Something funny though is that I usually find way more Affliction Warlocks out in the open than Destruction.

Yeah NE Hunter s probably what I'm playing too. Not the most original char on this bracket, but I think for wPvP you need everything you can get hahahaha. I'm leveling either that or a Human Mage (or both why not lol)

Does server matters? The only alliance server where I have some money around to fund my future twink is Stormrage. I wonder if I should instead try to level in a horde-heavy server or if it does not make a difference, I heard all servers are kinda connected now in open world? Not sure tho

Yeah NE Hunter s probably what I'm playing too. Not the most original char on this bracket, but I think for wPvP you need everything you can get hahahaha. I'm leveling either that or a Human Mage (or both why not lol)

Does server matters? The only alliance server where I have some money around to fund my future twink is Stormrage. I wonder if I should instead try to level in a horde-heavy server or if it does not make a difference, I heard all servers are kinda connected now in open world? Not sure tho
Yeah, realms don't matter for world pvp. Realms are only relevant if you're trying to farm gold by spamming multiple Auction Houses, want to join a specific guild (these are realm locked) or if you're a mythic raider. In the context of twinks, I would say only the guild part really matters. The amount of gold you need to fund a twink isn't huge (well, excluding Bleeding Hollow's prices) and depending on what realm you're on, you may not even find socketed BoE's in the AH and have to grind 'em yourself, so gold isn't that big of a deal. As for the last part, well... it is obvious isn't it xd

Bleeding Hollow is alright if you have gold to spend. There is also an alliance twinking guild called Stuck at Graveyard there :)

Horde has HORDE WAR MACHINE on Blackwing Lair

Kel'Thuzad has Teldrassil Firefighters on alliance

Those are all solid realms if you want people to play with, just be mindful of BH prices if you choose to roll there. I don't know how patient you will be to farm ilvl 28's if you don't have or don't want to spend gold x)

Users who are viewing this thread