Is TwinkInfo dead?

Trialkiller

Grandfathered
I checked out XPOff and noticed even Myrm is included as one of the "staff members"... has this site been fully abandoned? Is it just sitting here as a backup resource for potential new content on "XPOff" to look back on for inspiration or specific details left in the guides, etc. that remain? Do any of the current moderator's care about this site anymore? It feels like this is just a place for me to host my drama now. TrialkillerInfo, come see what words of wisdom the Pug Lord has to share.

Say your little /afk jokes or whatever if you want but I'm genuinely wondering what's up. I don't hear much about this stuff.

XPOff is the future. TI is cursed and not aknowledged by blizzard. This site wont make tinkering more attractive due to that and will not gets it support it needs. Blizzard didnt even link to TI with the last TC and linked Bisnation... this has to change for the better good.

That Myrm is listed has probably to do with moving to XPOff.com where they prepared/offered him a staff rank for the moment he accepts as far as I know. You should ask this on XPOff.com, they can tell about the hows and whys and me knowing this, there must be a thread somewhere too, Im not a staff member so I do not know what is going to happen only what I read.

Btw, this is not a FFA 29 subject but a general one.

Last edited by a moderator:
There haven been discussions going on between Myrm and owners of Xpoff, and are still going on. From what I know, there will perhaps be a merge but the details are still being finalized.

It's still too early for us to properly announce exactly what will happen. I'm sure the community dislikes being left in the dark and may feel unsure about what's happening. I do apologize for that.

Honestly everyone's a little too excited about pretty site with no real content or community.

Hopefully the two can be merged to create one complete website.

XPOff is the future. TI is cursed and not aknowledged by blizzard. This site wont make tinkering more attractive due to that and will not gets it support it needs. Blizzard didnt even link to TI with the last TC and linked Bisnation... this has to change for the better good.

That Myrm is listed has probably to do with moving to XPOff.com where they prepared/offered him a staff rank for the moment he accepts as far as I know. You should ask this on XPOff.com, they can tell about the hows and whys and me knowing this, there must be a thread somewhere too, Im not a staff member so I do not know what is going to happen only what I read.

Btw, this is not a FFA 29 subject but a general one.

You don't get engineering tinkers until 70, or are you taking about TWINKING?

Besides, everybody knows that the new site is there so that certain twinks can get the IPs of other twinks in preparation for the twink cup...

You don't get engineering tinkers until 70, or are you taking about TWINKING?

Besides, everybody knows that the new site is there so that certain twinks can get the IPs of other twinks in preparation for the twink cup...

Screen-shot-2013-03-11-at-10.12.08-AM.png

The arena ranking feature is really nice. I wouldn't mind seeing something like avisavis replicated on there, or here... For some reason I can't access avisavis through my internet provider (US Central time zone) but I can through my phone provider (really odd). I wouldn't mind seeing twinks total HKs and battleground win ratios...

Honestly everyone's a little too excited about pretty site with no real content or community.
I believe you underestimate the amount of veterans on that site. How do you think TI started out.. those people are on XPOff.com now and obviously XPOff.com is in its starting phase. It has a big future, TI has none which blizzard reminded us about again with the TC.

Hopefully the two can be merged to create one complete website.
I hope not, to much spam, garbage and nonsense on TI. Keep it here not on XPOff.com. They have another direction over there and clear goals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand splitting the community isn't exactly ideal, but I also understand TwinkInfo has a pretty bad rep and the best thing for the community could be a fresh start on a new domain. It's painful, I myself have put in a lot of effort on some threads on TI, but I don't imagine Myrm will shut this site down any time soon... although I'm pretty oblivious to what's going on behind the scenes. As someone who's rather back and forth between putting out negative and positive content on this site I think if there were to even be an unofficial movement from TwinkInfo to XPOff moderation would need to be on it's game, no free for all shit posting threads or anything...

I want to see the twink community go in a positive direction, despite what anyone else might think, and I can say TwinkInfo isn't looking like it's up to the task in it's current state... this has been my opinion for a while now. Time will tell, but I think it's good to bring some of these issues / observations to the surface in a reasonable manner in the mean time.

Didnt really need your irl pic, its not that kind of thread. My condolences.

whoa sick burn!

I believe you underestimate the amount of veterans on that site. How do you think TI started out.. those people are on XPOff.com now and obviously XPOff.com is in its starting phase. It has a big future, TI has none which blizzard reminded us about again with the TC.

I hope not, to much spam, garbage and nonsense on TI. Keep it here not on XPOff.com. They have another direction over there and clear goals.

So far all I've seen are poorly composed armory lists and minimal post count. I believe you underestimate the value of twink info's database.

whoa sick burn!

So far all I've seen are poorly composed armory lists and minimal post count. I believe you underestimate the value of twink info's database.
He did get you super good!

But real talk, the data base had been discussed by staff of XPOff.com. Talked about ways as to try to link up so we would have them, plus to make everyone happy. Felt as if it wasn't really needed though. XPOff is giving us the fresh start we need. Twinking as a whole has really felt down, so hopefully this helps shoot back some interest.

You just gotta give the new website some time. As someone stated it is still in it's beginner phase. I truly see it being the future with more goals, interest appeal, and owners actually giving a fuck.

Twinkinfos database? you mean all the old stuff from previous expansions? they are all out of date and the few there are now, I could do them out of the top of my head and easilly recreating up till 29s. Its so easy to write guides on how to gear when people have loads of experience, dont forget that. But hey why not let others try first :))

Twinkinfos database? you mean all the old stuff from previous expansions? they are all out of date and the few there are now, I could do them out of the top of my head and easilly recreating up till 29s. Its so easy to write guides on how to gear when people have loads of experience, dont forget that. But hey why not let others try first :))

Those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it.

You are taking the words right out of my mouth. We went from pwndepot to twinkinfo and now from twinkinfo to xpoff. So ignoring our past makes you doomed. Not us, we know what we have to do and what we are doing :)

Oh so we keep going from better websites to shittier & more toxic websites, ya I see the pattern.

Users who are viewing this thread