US Is this character worth leveling / getting to 99

10000000000% stay 90. you have a grandfathered cloak! NEVER level that guy. I wish my 90s had that :(

Got a 100 w/ Legendary Ring as well, Is it just a vanity character or can I expect to be somewhat on board with 99s in ipvp, in world pvp my cloak just rolls over people

You can definitely hold your ground against 99s since most 99s use a mixture of legion BoEs and SoO/ToT socket gear now.

Got some bloody dancing steels in the bank, if playing WW any point in using these? Or just continue to hold onto em.

My advice always (since I've made this mistake before): Don't level a toon, just make a new one. I can't tell you how many times I leveled a character and regretted it down the road.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/darkspear/Swiftysdadx

Was an alt that I barely touched back in the day, was wondering if it should continue to sit at 90 or if it was worth leveling to 99.

Well if you value that legitimate MoP expansion nostalgia, then stay at 90.

But leveling to 99 will give you a slight edge in instanced PvP. And I think it's safe to say they'll probably never split the brackets by 5s again. But who knows? I could be wrong. And if I am then that means regrets if they ever did split by 5s again.

I think there was mention of possibly doing a character level squish in some future expansion. So who knows what sort of weirdness would spawn as a result of that.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/darkspear/Swiftysdadx

Was an alt that I barely touched back in the day, was wondering if it should continue to sit at 90 or if it was worth leveling to 99.

For "barely touched", that sure is some heavy gear.

I was in the exact same boat about two weeks ago, wondering if I should level my grandfathered 90. Currently, playing in battlegrounds gives me +5.5% primary stats and -14.7% secondary stats. When I accounted for proportions of stats and a couple of gear upgrades I could make at 90, my total stat deficit came out to between 7-9% under a top geared 99. If I went to 99, I would end up replacing every last piece of my gear with a slightly better piece, so I decided to just sit on this 90.

If Blizzard ever reintroduces gear scaling in battlegrounds, our 90s will make the most of it. While I wouldn't expect that to happen, I also didn't expect Blizzard to drop everyone's health pools in 8.1 and turn battlegrounds into MoP-era burstfests, so who knows.

Raided heroic SoO on 8 characters, was in a top guild at the time. This sadly was my least touched char.. Thankfully have more of a life now.

Thanks for the heads up @Kirise sounds like I'll be keeping it at 90.

If anyone here has a 90 w/ legendaries still how's the spell caster cloak and meta doing? Wanted to do MW over WW, though my agi cloak is absurdly busted right now.

I assume these are all BiS? Got more, mythic quality.
HmJoz1Z.png

I assume these are all BiS? Got more, mythic quality

Not necessarily. Blizzard didn't scale the Sha-touched gems, so if you already did the legendary cloak questline and you have access to that, the Sha-touched mace from heroic Heart of Fear will be BiS. That will not only take the Sha-touched gem, but also let you add an extra prismatic socket to the weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread