Is there any scaling difference between 10 and 11?

Neon

666 god
hello was wondering if any difference in scaling in dungeons from level 10 to level 11? i was going to make a level 10 twink guardian druid but, i found out that they don't get thrash until level 11 so i made him level 11 instead of 10. is there really that much of a scaling difference between 10 and 11? alright thank you for your time

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I was tripping when I saw numbers being used in between words and sentences. But damn, thats some epic shit.

Yeah obviously there is a difference between the two levels: the HP pools are (albeit only very slightly) bigger, so shit dies slower.

Also, you picked a bad spec to begin with at lower levels. I'd rather a 10 resto druid than an 11 guardian druid.

What do you aim to accomplish with your twink? Fast dungeon runs I'm assuming? That's usually the most common reason people have.

If you want to run dungeons, make a 10 BM monk, get the bramble staff, and put lifestealing on it. You'll be able to pull entire dungeons up to bosses and 1 shot bosses with touch of death.

Prot pally is also a top tier choice for dungeons. Other honorable mentions would be arcane mage, hpriest, MM hunter, and to a lesser extent, fury warrior. All healers are good but resto and hpriest are the two that stand out the most as they have instant ranged casts with no CD. These types of spells are very important and on their own will bump an entire spec up a tier.

Remember: you can get HoTP on any toon via legacy loot or trading with another level 10; don't be deterred from playing a class that doesn't benefit from str or agi. This is a mandatory trinket for speed runs regardless of your class / spec.

Furthermore, some critiques I have of your druid: use elemental force or lifestealing (I would personally lean towards elemental force as guardian doesn't have any instant AoEs like BM does, so the best defense would be a vicious offense. You accomplish this by killing shit as fast as you can, and EF hits harder (and more often I think?) than lifestealing.) Procs at this level are fucking broken and will do a majority of your damage. New twinks don't have access to GFED gear (obviously,) so I highly advise against using +3 gems as your secondaries are horrendous, use mixed gems to up your crit or haste or w/e for better thrashes. Shit, you're HP is lower than my (mostly) glass priest; put some talasites in there, you're a tank spec... The only ring enchant that actually works at our level is Binding of X, so make sure those are the ones you're using. +1 stats to bracers would be better than +1 ap. Get an easy extra few output stats by enchanting your legs with MoP LW.

edits: grammar and critique section.

Yeah obviously there is a difference between the two levels: the HP pools are (albeit only very slightly) bigger, so shit dies slower.

Also, you picked a bad spec to begin with at lower levels. I'd rather a 10 resto druid than an 11 guardian druid.

What do you aim to accomplish with your twink? Fast dungeon runs I'm assuming? That's usually the most common reason people have.

If you want to run dungeons, make a 10 BM monk, get the bramble staff, and put lifestealing on it. You'll be able to pull entire dungeons up to bosses and 1 shot bosses with touch of death.

Prot pally is also a top tier choice for dungeons. Other honorable mentions would be arcane mage, hpriest, MM hunter, and to a lesser extent, fury warrior. All healers are good but resto and hpriest are the two that stand out the most as they have instant ranged casts with no CD. These types of spells are very important and on their own will bump an entire spec up a tier.

Remember: you can get HoTP on any toon via legacy loot or trading with another level 10; don't be deterred from playing a class that doesn't benefit from str or agi. This is a mandatory trinket for speed runs regardless of your class / spec.

Furthermore, some critiques I have of your druid: use elemental force or lifestealing (I would personally lean towards elemental force as guardian doesn't have any instant AoEs like BM does, so the best defense would be a vicious offense. You accomplish this by killing shit as fast as you can, and EF hits harder (and more often I think?) than lifestealing.) Procs at this level are fucking broken and will do a majority of your damage. New twinks don't have access to GFED gear (obviously,) so I highly advise against using +3 gems as your secondaries are horrendous, use mixed gems to up your crit or haste or w/e for better thrashes. Shit, you're HP is lower than my (mostly) glass priest; put some talasites in there, you're a tank spec... The only ring enchant that actually works at our level is Binding of X, so make sure those are the ones you're using. +1 stats to bracers would be better than +1 ap. Get an easy extra few output stats by enchanting your legs with MoP LW.

edits: grammar and critique section.
first off i have to get something off my chest.....

THERE Is NO FUCKING WaY a REsTO DRUID Is CLEaRING FasTER THaN ME

going to be honest dude u underestimate me on my guardian druid i pwn clear dungeons less than s minutes

guardian is top tier tbh

i kill shit fast i could probably clear faster than you

ye im aiming for speed clears i dont want to stack hp no ty

gift ov versatility actually works

i actually will change the bracers to stats was thinking about it

i havent done LW because im still gearing lol

levelers i am grouped with always freak out every run every dungeon i q saying things like "wow we got carried", "look at this druids dps!" or "why is this druid so overtuned" and "wow im going to reroll a druid"

i feel u r underestimating me i can clear dungeons very very fast ask stocks in your guild we ran together and i speed cleared fast as shit

the misconception ppl have with gdruid is very wrong idk why ppl r this dumb it is very surprising to me gdruid has aoe spells at level 11

fir5t off i h4ve to get 5omething off my che5t.....

THERE I5 NO FUCKING W4Y 4 RE5TO DRUID I5 CLE4RING F45TER TH4N ME

going to be hone5t dude u undere5tim4te me on my gu4rdi4n druid i pwn cle4r dungeon5 le55 th4n 5 minute5

gu4rdi4n i5 top tier tbh

i kill 5hit f45t i could prob4bly cle4r f45ter th4n you

ye im 4iming for 5peed cle4r5 i dont w4nt to 5t4ck hp no ty

gift ov ver54tility 4ctu4lly work5

i 4ctu4lly will ch4nge the br4cer5 to 5t4t5 w45 thinking 4bout it

i h4vent done LW bec4u5e im 5till ge4ring lol

leveler5 i 4m grouped with 4lw4y5 fre4k out every run every dungeon i q 54ying thing5 like "wow we got c4rried", "look 4t thi5 druid5 dp5!" or "why i5 thi5 druid 5o overtuned" 4nd "wow im going to reroll 4 druid"

i feel u r undere5tim4ting me i c4n cle4r dungeon5 very very f45t 45k 5tock5 in your guild we r4n together 4nd i 5peed cle4red f45t 45 5hit

the mi5conception ppl h4ve with gdruid i5 very wrong idk why ppl r thi5 dumb it i5 very 5urpri5ing to me gdruid h45 4oe 5pell5 4t level 11
I'm not reading this

Neon I translated your post.

It seems like anything between 10-15 is viable, it really just depends on; abilities, talent, and how many dungeons you want to be able to Q for.

If you really want to be 10 with Bramble, Brewmaster might get you some baseline AoE that will work well.

Neon I translated your post.

It seems like anything between 10-15 is viable, it really just depends on; abilities, talent, and how many dungeons you want to be able to Q for.

If you really want to be 10 with Bramble, Brewmaster might get you some baseline AoE that will work well.
appreciate the edit, i think your right about everything being viable, i appreciate you trying to help but i do not want to play a brewmaster monk, i enjoy gdruid too much

gdruid at level 11 you basically moonfire while on autowalk and thrash off cd

everything dies almost instantly you get 5 combo pt from mobs to save for boss kills

i clear dungeons in less than 5 minutes i could probably do hell fire ramparts less than 3 minutes tbh if i tried

gdruid is not bad it is up there with the top tier tanks i promise you that

but misinformed people like @ohti think a resto druid will outperform me it is ludicrous to even think that

Last edited:
appreciate the edit, i think your right about everything being viable, i appreciate you trying to help but i do not want to play a brewmaster monk, i enjoy gdruid too much

gdruid at level 11 you basically moonfire while on autowalk and thrash off cd

everything dies almost instantly you get 5 combo pt from mobs to save for boss kills

i clear dungeons in less than 5 minutes i could probably do hell fire ramparts less than 3 minutes tbh if i tried

gdruid is not bad it is up there with the top tier tanks i promise you that

but misinformed people like @ohti think a resto druid will outperform me it is ludicrous to even think that
I'd totally rock the guar then. 12 looks interesting with the improved bear form and 15 gets your brambles. But if you don't have any issue with dying I wouldn't touch it. Naga Hide on that wep would be sick but again if not dying probably not needed lol. Guar artifact for daggers w double EF could be interesting as well.

I'd totally rock the guar then. 12 looks interesting with the improved bear form and 15 gets your brambles. But if you don't have any issue with dying I wouldn't touch it. Naga Hide on that wep would be sick but again if not dying probably not needed lol. Guar artifact for daggers w double EF could be interesting as well.

yeah when i was creating this toon i was thinking of what i would have the most fun on and i love gdruid so there you go lol. i feel you with the extra abilities but i am not trying to level to high as it will increase the time to kill targets so level 11 is the highest i am going, maybe eventually i will make a 15 gdruid twink as well.

i dont have any issue with dying as regrowth heals basically my full hp back in 1 cast and regenerates very quickly i never go oom

ye i feel like i dont need naga hide but it would be cool lol

ye that is an interesting idea

Does neon ever get tired of trolling the same 5 people on this site with these bipolar rants and manic e-personalities?

good god man. This is like the fucking goose thread. It just doesn’t matter.

I used to come to this site for information. Now only for the drama.

Users who are viewing this thread