Is the ladder ever coming back?

CigNus

Bracket Tourist
Administrator
I wasn't around for it but I keep hearing mumblings how this site used to have a visible ladder for twinks. Is this feature ever coming back?

I know there's the macro script that people can run to make the api call to get your targets rating, but it would be nice for it to be up here somewhere :D

Ok so, I fired this program back up tonight.

There does seem to be an issue, I can no longer pull rating.

This is where it used to be
upload_2021-5-12_0-29-37.png

(2v2 and 3v3, skirmish was all put into the same rating)

It was part of PvP Summary, but this is no longer shown if you don't have ranked matches. Here is the new response, from good old Chops (notice no arena info)
https://us.api.blizzard.com/profile/wow/character/jaedenar/chøps/pvp-summary?namespace=profile-us&locale=en_US&access_token=USH1I0HvtTGnPg5qww11f6t1W0wre0XzUL

There's a more specific PvP Bracket Statistic option
upload_2021-5-12_0-32-38.png

However the only brackets I can enter there are 2v2, 3v3, and RBG

This post talks about the options https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/blizzard/t/rbg-bracket-missing-from-profile-api/3996 and the 404 error if the character has not completed ranked matches and just not even shown if requested via summary, which is what I'm seeing.

So...
Interestingly I AM getting a rating from the macro (so long as you have done games this season it seems)
upload_2021-5-12_0-39-14.png

/run InspectUnit("target")InspectFrameTab2:Click()C_Timer.After(1,function()local a,b,c=GetInspectArenaData(5)print(format("%s, %s %d, %s (%d%% winrate)",ARENA_BATTLES_2V2,PVP_RATING,a,PVP_RECORD_DESCRIPTION:format(c,b-c),100*c/b))end)
https://xpoff.com/threads/arena-rating-guide-macro-to-check-your-rating-low-lvl.91318/

I dug through some other API options but I can't find any reference to it. It's possible it's just not available via API but is in game. I'm going to open a ticket and ask them.

Shit man, thanks digging into this!
I honestly didnt know they had this swagger-esque page for their api to try shit out for yourself. I just poked around myself but yeah it doesn't seem like anything for unrated/skirmishes exist. If it does it wasnt migrated over to shadowlands probably because of priorities, rated > unrated

i know we are all about arena but since blizzard has removed the api call for skimishes. what if we had a BG ladder based on honor level or win ratio for each of the BG's thats available to 20's.

i know we are all about arena but since blizzard has removed the api call for skimishes. what if we had a BG ladder based on honor level or win ratio for each of the BG's thats available to 20's.
I actually like that idea!

These are actually tracked per character right? that would be doable, but it might lean towards 5man Fotm Comps (3 hunters 2 discs) etc. and I'm not sure that something we want to push towards, the random bracket already doesnt do us any favors lol

I would love to see that ladder back as well, it was really awesome and promoted a lot of play.

Perhaps another option, at least for the meantime, would be to have some sort of addon that would track games in a certain way (and maybe have that addon report its data to xpoff.com?)? Of course you could just turn the addon off if you start to lose a lot, but, if you're able to get this
Interestingly I AM getting a rating from the macro (so long as you have done games this season it seems)
then perhaps even disabling some sort of addon even temporarily could, when re-enabled, update and ensure no games were missed. I can imagine some issues off the bat but I think it could be doable. Anyone have any ideas on that?

would be to have some sort of addon that would track games in a certain way
yo.... you might be on to something...
:frogeW:
If we just had an addon run that macro to pull the data then report it to a db somewhere and then we pulled that data for our own ladder!

Users who are viewing this thread