Is retail done in?

On lvl 20 ? ye dead for months beside the russian wargames that are lvl 20 only. And the bgs that do pop are only fun for the side that has more 29s.
On lvl 70 ? I get Epic bg pops in 5 min. at 8 in the morning on a weekday but I dont really play pve at max level so cant tell you what is going on there and if its dead or not.

Scaling and Chromie Time ruined the power progression an MMORPG such as WoW SHOULD offer.
1681460625668.png

Blizzard ruined the F2P Twink experience by forcing them to play with 29s.
tumblr_ovh1coRwW01r687oqo4_540.gif

Some migrate, some suffer eternally but most die.

Twinks flow like water to the best pve/pvp levels and we have only few oasis left.
1681461092765.png

This is when the game died imo.

Issues I have with the game: TLDR: an undercooked plate of noodles being served luke warm will put off most customers looking for hot noodles.
SOMEBODY_TOUCHA_MY_SPAGHET.PNG

War Forged items being a 1 off system. It throws a wrench into the entire scaling update to item level scaling.
A game based around "THE META" Shouldn't have one off systems like this. Unless the content it's from is somehow of a greater tier.
1077167.png

In this graph the red line for WF is 2 lines higher.
Despite this, 20+ in Full WF is still bad pve power progression.

War Forged should be removed OR added to all content as to even out the value each one has.

I'd rather sockets be added to blue ilvl quality items across the game with only specific items and quests epic.

Most profession items are not competitive with even blue dungeons quality items.

Enchants stop at an item level between level 10-15 despite being made from crafted materials that require higher than said levels.

Crafting systems that don't have progression balanced around combat of = level is a joke.

10 instance cap is brutal when farming War Forged items.

Cross faction stuff inc.

The 8.2 changes (CD between dungeons) Interrupts the Emperors Groove. Being punished because we are fast feels very bad.

F2P cap only being 20. Imo it should be the last expansions endgame level. It still has many people playing it but most have moved on. The F2P crowd would be a good population increase to the bracket and assure that content such as raids and mythic were still viable/doable without a carry.

Those are the things that grind my gears the most and are why I ponder about quitting after more than a decade of play.

Looking forward to Cata and Mists classic pvp tbh.
I wouldn't mind me some Project 80/85 raiding.

the 20 bg queue pops, but as alliance, last couple of days all run into straight 29 hordes (maybe premade?), it's just hopeless so I quit, not going to feed them lol

Honestly it wouldnt have been this bad if they just made 20 f2p its own bracket way from lvlers and 29's but blizzard doesnt think very hard.

I mean it so obvious that it will work, for us players, but not for blizzard, if people can have all the fun playing f2p and stay here, then blizzard will have no fun of their own, lol

I mean it so obvious that it will work, for us players, but not for blizzard, if people can have all the fun playing f2p and stay here, then blizzard will have no fun of their own, lol
i mean yeah, if blizzard focused on f2p and made it fun it wouldn't make much sense to them as they'd want people to pay for the game, but is giving f2ps bgs/arenas really gonna be that one change that makes everyone unsub and play f2p?

i mean yeah, if blizzard focused on f2p and made it fun it wouldn't make much sense to them as they'd want people to pay for the game, but is giving f2ps bgs/arenas really gonna be that one change that makes everyone unsub and play f2p?

the one big reason blizzard give us meaningful f2p game is competition from other f2p games, we know they used to only give us max level 10 and 10g pretty much useless toons (which is why I never bothered about twinking), until other f2p games attract their players, they don't want to lose the market share, and to be honest it won't cost blizzard much, just some server storage and electricity lol

but, the reason I prefer wow to other mmorpgs is for large scale organized pvp, 10v10, 15v15 even 40v40, other games mostly just 5v5 or throw everyone into a zone fest which is not my cup of tea, but if blizzard practically remove the bg from us, then they lose the major attraction of f2p to other f2p games, for example I like world of warships they have 12v12 which is free and fun, I think blizzard better give us 20 bg queue or people will go to other f2p games, and blizzard will get nothing~

i’ve been gearing an alliance toon and when you’re running dungeons that are not Wod, the reaction I get is kind of funny. Been working on a hybrid twink Shammy BC, Lk and wod gear. I have not been on a whole lot lately just a couple hours per week but it’s been fun. all PVE right now except warmode world PVP. That’s been pretty good too.

Yes retail is dead.

3 main things killed it:

putting f2p's in the xpoff battleground queues with only level 29 twinks. Reduced battlegrounds. Battlegrounds are the lifeblood of twinking. Sure there's the 2% of people that purely enjoy pve, but that doesn't sustain a twinking community. PvP battlegrounds sustains it. Quick, easily accessible fun.

Enchanting and other grandfathered gear... There is so much grandfathered stuff now that a new character just cannot compete. Enchanting not being usable on items above ilvl 50... wtf. There was the occasional grandfathered item, but now it's out of hand.

Too much stuff and too big of a world. f2p's got big because we had the beginner zones, and battlegrounds, and were all able to find each other. Now with access to all zones, and the population being so small, we are spread way too thin. There is too many items that are too hard to get (luck of wargorged items), and the scaling of everything is just completely f'd up. When we were all doing darkmoon faire quests to get heirlooms that were near bis... that was peak twinking for 20's.

At this point I don't have much hope in blizzard resolving these issues we have. Better to go to a moba or ... anything else.. for enjoyable pvp. Heroes of the storm fills the battleground itch for me.

F2Ps and new players, the perfect bracket.
Will be a good new player experience :Kappa:
I mean its probably better then fighting 29's but we could go further and keep vets in xpoff and only allow accounts that have never had a sub to be there own bracket.

since you didnt ask specificaly 20s, its worth mentioning that there is BG activity on GFd level 60s, without the DF expansion. currently you cannot get competitive gear against GFd 311, some have GFd ilvl 350 weapons, and some have DF 389ilvl ring. but there are twinks queuing bgs all day at 60, for twink bgs (stomp or get stomped). 5-30 min queues. hunter crits people for 50k instantly, levelers have 30k-50k, max geared twink 120-140k hp. with all twink the same level, the twink to twink disparity comes via GFD skill based gearing, and class stacking(hunters and healers), and leveler amount in bg etc

2 seasons left, and then the 60s will be just as useless as 20s in lvl 21 greens though. and those who dont buy the xpak early to collect lvl 70 endgame power gains get left behind for months once again while they struggle to get welfare gear.

for my 20, i just play the warrior cause im attatched to the toon. i have not been able to loot any socketed i87 items on my warrior, bad luck and low motivation to spam wod. bgs are just supporting the 29s on my team. there is very little motivation to queue because the games are not good. people with no honor level, rolling fresh accounts for their 29 hunter twinks are a common sight here.

by the way, just found there's a wait time to logon to wow, 45 mins! one would think at this stage wow subs would be a low point, how could it be the logon queue will be 45 mins? lol

Users who are viewing this thread