Is pve twinking still a thing?

Leoricsbride

Veteran
I was thinking about coming back but I can only play very casually nowadays so I was looking for something to do that I can work slowly but surely. I remember back in the days, I used to have pve twinks for expeditions and dungeons. I was charging lots of gold for speed lvling people. I'm not looking to do it for Gold anymore, but more like a hobby with a goal kinda thing. I haven't followed the latest level squish and bracket changes do I was wondering if it would be a possible goal?

if you are talking about the 101 level twinks of legion because blizzard added 110 level starter epics with level 101 equip and 111 twinks with again 120 level start epics with level 111 equip?

those two with epics also had scaling issues, it was really funny to see even 120s asking in trade chat for 111 carry island expedition blow thru's. and in WPVP had 111's (happened too in legion with 101s) blowing up max level players.

scaling was ganked into BFA after alot of QQ, and blizzard made sure in SL there are no 51 - 59 twinks

Last edited:
I resubbed and logged on all my 101 and 111 toons and they're all broken. everything is inactive now antorus set, lego and artefact weapon. What to with those? all garbage? ditch everything and start something fresh? whats the best bracket? 10?

what dungeon range do you have at that lvl? also no talent and only a few abilities?

What about time walking twink. I forgot how they work. Is there a level that has all of them?

Edit: This is my lvl 40 old 101 twink I think. Did all his gear get grandfathered in? mostly from nighthold which is now level 45 I think

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    298.8 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Timewalk twinking isnt really a thing anymore sadly cuz the lowest level you can do timewalking with is 50 (60 come dragonflight). Therefore max levels are always the most powerfull in timewalking. You can still make dedicated timewalking loadouts on max levels although I think that requires a fair bit of max level content to be done
[doublepost=1666253175,1666252626][/doublepost]The most popular pve twinking brackets are 10s and 30s. 30s are looking a bit problematic right now with old raid gear potentially being vastly outperformed by normal dungeon gear. 10s are powerfull and fun but you can only access ~ two dungeons per expac and most of the legion dungeons. (and shadowlands come pre patch)

Imo either you dont mind having limited access to dungeons and go with a 10 - Or you want to be able to do as much old content as possible and go with a higher level character. Come prepatch level 50 might be a nice level to pve twink at although I dont think much testing has been done for how well 50s scale in df.

Tldr. yes pve twinking is a thing, its fun as hell. Maybe wait till prepatch to fully commit to a level bracket though.

Last edited:
Timewalk twinking isnt really a thing anymore sadly cuz the lowest level you can do timewalking with is 50 (60 come dragonflight). Therefore max levels are always the most powerfull in timewalking. You can still make dedicated timewalking loadouts on max levels although I think that requires a fair bit of max level content to be done
[doublepost=1666253175,1666252626][/doublepost]The most popular pve twinking brackets are 10s and 30s. 30s are looking a bit problematic right now with old raid gear potentially being vastly outperformed by normal dungeon gear. 10s are powerfull and fun but you can only access ~ two dungeons per expac and most of the legion dungeons. (and shadowlands come pre patch)

Imo either you dont mind having limited access to dungeons and go with a 10 - Or you want to be able to do as much old content as possible and go with a higher level character. Come prepatch level 50 might be a nice level to pve twink at although I dont think much testing has been done for how well 50s scale in df.

Tldr. yes pve twinking is a thing, its fun as hell. Maybe wait till prepatch to fully commit to a level bracket though.
They must have changed it recently because yesterday I could queue with the druid (lvl40) from above. Maybe he's bugged like his gear?

Also which dungeons do 30s have access to?

Are you sure it was timewalking you could queue into? Theres a difference between timewalking and chromie time dungeons. 30s in chromie time have access to almost all old normal mode dungeons (vanilla/cata old world, bc, wrath, mop, WoD, Legion, bfa) cata dungeons are unlocked at 31/32 iirc.

Are you sure it was timewalking you could queue into? Theres a difference between timewalking and chromie time dungeons. 30s in chromie time have access to almost all old normal mode dungeons (vanilla/cata old world, bc, wrath, mop, WoD, Legion, bfa) cata dungeons are unlocked at 31/32 iirc.
Yep. I can also do BFA dungeons, does it mean I can get the heart of azeroth at this level too with all the grandfathered gear?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    964.9 KB · Views: 96
Huh, guess im not up to date on timewalking. Heart of azeroth is unlocked at 40 but to trigger the quest someone has to trade you a piece of azerite gear

I haven't made a new 40 in a while, so my apologies if any of this is out of date.
But I've had a lot of fun playing 40s this xpac - although I don't run into many others.
It's not faceroll like 10s (which I also play), but if you're looking to grind "slowly but surely" I highly recommend it.

Obviously this may all change very soon so you may want to wait until the smoke clears before sinking any time into it?

But on the off-chance you try and grab yourself a HoA before prepatch (because who knows) I'll mention one point.
After getting your HoA from Magni you will do the quest Infusing The Heart right afterwards. This quest will reward you with a piece of azerite gear - the only piece I've found that can be equipped at 40. So take your time making that choice as you will likely be stuck with it. Which slot will you find hardest to fill with another strong gear piece? And which azerite powers do you really want, both main and off-spec? It's worth giving your three choices a good long look before committing to one.

I haven't made a new 40 in a while, so my apologies if any of this is out of date.
But I've had a lot of fun playing 40s this xpac - although I don't run into many others.
It's not faceroll like 10s (which I also play), but if you're looking to grind "slowly but surely" I highly recommend it.

Obviously this may all change very soon so you may want to wait until the smoke clears before sinking any time into it?

But on the off-chance you try and grab yourself a HoA before prepatch (because who knows) I'll mention one point.
After getting your HoA from Magni you will do the quest Infusing The Heart right afterwards. This quest will reward you with a piece of azerite gear - the only piece I've found that can be equipped at 40. So take your time making that choice as you will likely be stuck with it. Which slot will you find hardest to fill with another strong gear piece? And which azerite powers do you really want, both main and off-spec? It's worth giving your three choices a good long look before committing to one.
Thanks for the info. I will do that. That being said, it's definitely not faceroll like you said. I did a few dungeons last night and I was top dps but not by much. I havent done the rotation in a few years and talents might not be optimized but I was expecting more from a more than BIS twink. Is balance not good at the moment?

Your gear isnt quite bis sadly. BiS right now would be ilvl 60 boes which im not 100% sure how to get those besides AH. Wearing those and a fairly upgraded Heart of Azeroth 40s are definitely quite powerfull. But needless to say you shouldnt get those boes since pre patch is coming in 4 days and they will most likely be useless then.
[doublepost=1666352293,1666352027][/doublepost]Now whichever level you wanna play at, if you wanna prepare for prepatch what you wanna do is farm normal mode WoD dungeons (radom warforge proc) or Icecrown dungeons (guaranteed epics but without mastery) for epic gear which as of right now looks like is gonna scale the best in 10.0

Your gear isnt quite bis sadly. BiS right now would be ilvl 60 boes which im not 100% sure how to get those besides AH. Wearing those and a fairly upgraded Heart of Azeroth 40s are definitely quite powerfull. But needless to say you shouldnt get those boes since pre patch is coming in 4 days and they will most likely be useless then.
[doublepost=1666352293,1666352027][/doublepost]Now whichever level you wanna play at, if you wanna prepare for prepatch what you wanna do is farm normal mode WoD dungeons (radom warforge proc) or Icecrown dungeons (guaranteed epics but without mastery) for epic gear which as of right now looks like is gonna scale the best in 10.0
oh I didn't know about those but yea I'll wait until next week and see how it goes

did TW on a fresh 60 for the 278+ reward for 5 runs, had a level 38 in one run, and a 43 was in another, when i tried doing TW on my 45-49 players i used to get requires level 50+. maybe something going on end of expac?

Users who are viewing this thread