Is it possible to get ilvl 25 Magefist gloves?

Alori

Veteran
I've been reading many of the threads and theories about rare BoE scaling in BFA but I still can't make any sense of it outside of dungeon specific BoEs which always scale to your level.

After seeing these posted on another thread:
I figured it must be possible to obtain a similar version of Magefist Gloves as they both follow the same rules (they are both non-dungeon specific rare BoE drops and they both start off at req lvl 15 ilvl 20. If anyone has seen this item I would love to see a screenshot of them.

While on the topic of rare BoE scaling, has anyone been able to make sense out of how exactly it works? I decided to take screenshots of all the +8 ilvl BoEs I could find on the AH along with a comparison of the nearest +5 ilvl version:

I also found this oddity that has a pathetic +2 ilvl scaling:

Are you sure you linked the correct armory? That character doesn't have any +8 ilvl items. Or are you saying you need to get them to drop for a lvl 29* character from a level 20+ zone? o_O

From what i've seen all the 10-19 weps if its a lvl 17 wep it drops with +8 ilvl not sure if its the same with armor.

Attachments

• Gargoyle's Bite.PNG
    Gargoyle's Bite.PNG
    194.9 KB · Views: 323
i have seen one for lvl20 players .. didnt take note whats the ilvl, but its just yesterday, on a US realm

World drop boe rares scale +8 ilvls

Weapons/shield/offhand scale lvl 17/22/27 with +8 ilvls
Armor scales lvl 15/20/25 with +8 ilvls

So no, there is no ilvl 25 magefists but there is a lvl 20 ilvl 28 magefists and lvl 15 ilvl 23 magefists

So no, there is no ilvl 25 magefists but there is a lvl 20 ilvl 28 magefists and lvl 15 ilvl 23 magefists

can confirm. Have Ilvl28 magefists for lvl 20 as well as a few other ilvl 28 pieces of gear.

Thanks for the info, but do you know which level of character you would need to loot the gloves on for them to scale to req lvl 15 ilvl 23?
I've gotten three of those drops on my 19 druid in SFK. Not yet seen an ilvl 20 version drop on the same druid.

Are you sure you linked the correct armory? That character doesn't have any +8 ilvl items. Or are you saying you need to get them to drop for a lvl 29* character from a level 20+ zone? o_O
Oh shit i didnt realize i logged out in boomy gear (fixed now), what i was saying that you need to be 29 to get them to drop in a 20 zone they will scale to level

i am looking at a lvl15 glove that is ilvl20 .. so its not just ilvl23 .. there is a lvl15 piece with ilvl20 +5 Int/ +6 Stam/ +4 Versa

the seller is selling it for 19,999.9999 gold on AH

i am looking at a lvl15 glove that is ilvl20 .. so its not just ilvl23 .. there is a lvl15 piece with ilvl20 +5 Int/ +6 Stam/ +4 Versa

the seller is selling it for 19,999.9999 gold on AH
Thats the unscaled version, Im talking about scaled verions that currently drop. You wont see a lvl 20 ilvl 25 magefist

Users who are viewing this thread