Is it me, or are there more 29s lately?

ßârnës

Grandfathered
Seems like there's more and more 29s lately.

Not really... I 've been noticing less than 0 healers on horde and more undergeared on alli

Not really... I 've been noticing less than 0 healers on horde and more undergeared on alli

If someone asks nicely I may start playing level 20's again. I have been rather busy though.

Back to topic...
This is the cycle in the expansion when many of the "casual" players tend to turn to twinking. It is near the end of content. They should have most, if not all, of their end game PvP gear. So if they want to "PWN" someone, they turn to twinking. And what better place than the 20-29 bracket. You can't PWN with a healer. So they roll a DPS. Nowadays it is easy to whip up a twink. You really only need a glove, belt, boot and wrist item. Even if you don't have both of your class's heirloom rings alternatives are easy drops. And we have a plethora of choices of heirloom trinkets now.
A subscriber can whip up a level 29 twink in a matter of hours if they have enough experience at it. Even less if they create a level 20. Level 20's are even easier to create. Many of the BiS items are BoE.

yea 29! go 29!

i been saying 29 for some time now, if you play only 19 & dont have a 29 you're missing out on a whole new section of much much more fun arenas!

my most ''close'' most fun wsg's ive had in the last 6-9months have been in 29 too. mainly cuz ive experienced a couple in the last 3-5days, and havent played 19 consistantly for a few months(2 or 3 max).... but it still stands that better quality wsg's as far as what i've gotten to be in compared to many many months of playing 19 consistantly prior to taking a break from it without having any games anywhere near as fun or close, but the rare times they came around playing 19 to give credit where its due they were just as fun besides having less spells & often more predictable as to what the game outcome would be, via player names involved in the match alone; not in a good way.

alot of amazingly close unpredictable 29 wsg's lately, ive had fun

make your 29s, 19s. or dont but 19 been old af, waiting 4 legion literally cuz its so insanely repetitive and less full-of-life as far as pugs go than ever.

edit: 19 Wargames are amazing im sure though, never been one to want to do that personally but i just rather play on unpredictable moments and not show up for things involving playing games that aren't necessarily going to be good every single time, i experience the same in my own pug matches compared to wargames ive entered so im more or less done w/ that

Last edited by a moderator:
yea 29! go 29!

i been saying 29 for some time now, if you play only 19 & dont have a 29 you're missing out on a whole new section of much much more fun arenas!

my most ''close'' most fun wsg's ive had in the last 6-9months have been in 29 too. mainly cuz ive experienced a couple in the last 3-5days, and havent played 19 consistantly for a few months(2 or 3 max).... but it still stands that better quality wsg's as far as what i've gotten to be in compared to many many months of playing 19 consistantly prior to taking a break from it without having any games anywhere near as fun or close, but the rare times they came around playing 19 to give credit where its due they were just as fun besides having less spells & often more predictable as to what the game outcome would be, via player names involved in the match alone; not in a good way.

alot of amazingly close unpredictable 29 wsg's lately, ive had fun

make your 29s, 19s. or dont but 19 been old af, waiting 4 legion literally cuz its so insanely repetitive and less full-of-life as far as pugs go than ever.

edit: 19 Wargames are amazing im sure though, never been one to want to do that personally but i just rather play on unpredictable moments and not show up for things involving playing games that aren't necessarily going to be good every single time, i experience the same in my own pug matches compared to wargames ive entered so im more or less done w/ that

You completely missed the point of the thread.

I feel like there's been a lot of 29s, skirmishes, and bgs. If anyone is tired of this, you should try out F2P arena! There's been great activity lately and we welcome anyone. We have a skype group going so if you'd like to join, PM me on TI, or on skype. My skype is fael.wow.

You completely missed the point of the thread.

yes more 29, which seems to have made the pug games quality improve for alot of games that are unexpected goodies (games that start out looking like they might be bad and end up amazingly fun and close)

29s dont necessarily = the random pug goodies either but i do agree i've seen significantly more on average, than i did at one point..

you were kinda right though 29s just sometimes has me in a good mood 29s lets go lets go w00t pwn3d

More 29 twinks might mean more new twinks... Think about it.
The most action is at 20-29 bracket either is arena or bg. Lately also you get to see more and more fully enchanted 20's at least it happens my server.
So theres this guy 100ish which happens to ask you
-" hey are u a twink? "
- ye short of.. Trying to. :)
-" is there action at this bracket? "
- yes the max you can get due to f2p 20 level. (If that's not true someone correct me please)

Apparently most of those who ask, has at least the money if not the taste for it.
Next thing to happen is me and him having this discussion over which classes are the most op / enchants he should use / make a 20 or 29 and the benefits he could get of anything in general.
I think most goes with 29 at start cause they want to be high end like bracket toons.
So i ll go with the Yes. I think theres an increased amount of 29s lately.

I twink at 20 because I don't want to subscribe to a game for another 9 months of no content but still able to PvP whenever I feel like it. I'd imagine that's what most vets do

To roll a 29, let alone a 29 BM, is because you want to be OP and have some big advantages against others in the bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread