EU+US Is going to Pandaria an exploit ?

Fry

Herping 'n derping
Hello everyone :D

Some days ago, I noticed my lvl 20 toon couldn't get to Pandaria. I tried mage portals, warlocks, summoning stones but nothing seemed to work.

I submitted a ticket and first response was that it was a problem on my end, my computer having issues with addons and stuff. Knowing it was not, and disabling my addons, I marked my issue as unresolved and asked to talk to a gm in-game. Long story, short, it didn't happen and they solved my ticked while I was offline, saying only lvl 85 toons are allowed there and that going there on a lower toon was an exploit...

Is that true? Am I missing something? Is using a mage portal an exploit?? Because all my vet/f2p friends can get to Pandaland and it doesnt seem to have been "fixed" as they said.

Anyone else having this problem?? Should I re-open my ticket??

image.jpg

I don't think the GM knows what he's talking about. How can a Mage Port or Lock Summons be an exploit? How is using a valid class spell an exploit?

I'd be very suprised if they did block it. Technically as a Vet/F2P you can't get to Pandaland, but via Mage or Lock you should be able to.

When you say your friends can get there, is that recently?

If you have friends that can Port you, maybe try making a lvl 1 toon and see if he can get a Port there. Maybe there is something odd happening on 1 specific toon of yours.

It's a damn shame if they have closed the door to Pandaland for those below 85.

Edit : maybe the exploit they are talking about is the Monk one where you could die and get into Pandaria that way. I wouldn't consider the Mage or Lock way an exploit.

I don't think the GM knows what he's talking about. How can a Mage Port or Lock Summons be an exploit? How is using a valid class spell an exploit?

I'd be very suprised if they did block it. Technically as a Vet/F2P you can't get to Pandaland, but via Mage or Lock you should be able to.

When you say your friends can get there, is that recently?

If you have friends that can Port you, maybe try making a lvl 1 toon and see if he can get a Port there. Maybe there is something odd happening on 1 specific toon of yours.

It's a damn shame if they have closed the door to Pandaland for those below 85.

Edit : maybe the exploit they are talking about is the Monk one where you could die and get into Pandaria that way. I wouldn't consider the Mage or Lock way an exploit.

Hey :D I should've given more info, I am a little frustrated about this :s

2 days ago, @Rhaellia and I asked a mage to do a portal for us but only he was able to take it succesfully and even to set his hearth there, at Shrine. He is able to go anywhere and go back to Pandaria, so if "it was an exploit and it's fixed", it's obv not fixed.
The day we asked for a mage port, my toon clicked on the portal and nothing happened. I restarted the game, reformed the group and nothing. Lock summon and stone summon happened later the same day but neither worked.
Yesterday we tried summoning me again but it failed.

This isn't the only toon that has problems with this. One of my toons in a different realm, Fryth, has her hearth set to Shrine (I did maaany months ago), but recently I noticed my hearthstone wasn't working. I actually thought it was the hearthstone being buggy until this problem happened to my other toon, that's when I assumed it is the place the one that isn't letting me go there and not my stone that doesn't work.
I haven't tried in other toons yet but I saw some threads on here that talk about something similar but idk if they ever got it solved.

Hey :D I should've given more info, I am a little frustrated about this :s

2 days ago, @Rhaellia and I asked a mage to do a portal for us but only he was able to take it succesfully and even to set his hearth there, at Shrine. He is able to go anywhere and go back to Pandaria, so if "it was an exploit and it's fixed", it's obv not fixed.
The day we asked for a mage port, my toon clicked on the portal and nothing happened. I restarted the game, reformed the group and nothing. Lock summon and stone summon happened later the same day but neither worked.
Yesterday we tried summoning me again but it failed.

This isn't the only toon that has problems with this. One of my toons in a different realm, Fryth, has her hearth set to Shrine (I did maaany months ago), but recently I noticed my hearthstone wasn't working. I actually thought it was the hearthstone being buggy until this problem happened to my other toon, that's when I assumed it is the place the one that isn't letting me go there and not my stone that doesn't work.
I haven't tried in other toons yet but I saw some threads on here that talk about something similar but idk if they ever got it solved.
hmmm, that does sound odd, and frustrating. Is there any difference between your friends account and yours?
Like is he sub'd and you unsub'd or something different like that?
It was a year ago since I was ported there, so I don't have experience if that has been hot-fixed or something recently, but judging by your friends ability to get there I doubt that.
Also sounds like something odd is happening to your hearth.
Maybe the way to approach this is to get your toons hearth fixed by the GM and then see if that sorts out the issue on your account.
It's got me beat what the issue is. Possibly some little bug or something on your toon(s).
Damn that sux.:mad:

How is using a valid class spell an exploit?
I dunno, man. I got banned for using spell steal to steal bone shield from death knight guards in Naxx, then spec'd into Incanter's Absorbtion and did insane damage and solod Military wing, back in WoTLK.

An exploit is what Blizzard feels like it is. Generally, if a mistake is made on their end and a player haps into it, even without malicious intent or knowing it to be a mistake...It's an "exploit".

But no, going their isn't an exploit. It's more so a bug that some F2P can't at the moment. Gms aren't know all, and get things wrong a lot. They are not devs, and most of the times, read dated information or even check WoWhead.

Users who are viewing this thread