Is a DK blood tank good in pvp/battleground good?

What tank is the best?

• Total voters

bobix

Veteran
Hello everyone. I apologize for the question and the new thread. You consider a DK Blood tank good in PvP/battlegrounds and in pve in general?
If not, what can i pick as a tank?

lvl20 is a twink infested bracket.. I don't know about arena, but in a flag carrying bg, if you are a slow moving FC, and 3-4 or 4-5 enemies group hit you, no amount of heal can save you.. In wsg and twin peaks, FC should be someone who is fast and your whole team should be on efc, time it right, your FC reaches base and efc is dead, and your FC cap. From my experience, the top FC in wsg and twin peaks are not tanks, they are druids and monks with line up speed boost and lots of break frees.. Druids (the good ones) are the only FC that can "sometimes" outrun me in a bg (me a hunter who targets FC in bg) .. considering the fact that I can mount, have glider and swiftness and cheetah. Unless the enemy team you encountered are bad, in that case your team wins anyway regardless who is FC .. But 20s are infested with twinks, so chances of meeting a bad team is hard

In my opinion, from a vet perspective, prot paladin is the most dynamic and useful of the tank specs at this level.

Durable as fuck, can dispell, can stun, can heal, decent enough movement ability, benefits from crusader and has multiple pvp talents to chose from depending on your desired playstyle (talented silence, dmg reduction, snare removal, knockback, aoe cleanse, or stacked assault). The only major downfall is the lack of an offensive snare.

Nothing against the other classes, some of their pvp talents can shine in certain situations, however I don't see any them occupying the same spot on the tier list, pvp or otherwise.

I’m actually in the process of making a Blood DK for cracking some skulls in PvP.
I think if u get it geared well, u can put in a decent show.
The Death Strike heal and Mastery Shield is a little underwhelming :(
Probably bottom tier Tank for PvP, but I’ve been playing a Hunter and just destroying everything..... so I’m looking for a little side challenge......
Stay tuned...... Blood DK will be revealed soon ;)

Blood DK isn't a real tank and shouldn't go for objectives like flags.

Instead, it's more of a DPS that can force healers out of position and enable other DPS in teamfights.

That's because: (1) a Blood DK's grip has a 15s cooldown instead of the usual 25s for other specs; (2) https://www.wowhead.com/spell=203173/death-chain holds some promise for coordinated teams, that switch targets accordingly.

Overall, if you want to bring a Blood DK it might be better to bring a party sync'ed one, as they get a stun in lvl 21.

Users who are viewing this thread