Is 70 bracket it worth it without raid gear?

Kryyn

Veteran
Thinking about leveling up a guy for 70s, but I wont have anyone to run me through raids a bunch of times for gear. Is the pvp gear alright? Would I have better gearing options at 79? Help me figure this out guys. Last time I ever looked into 70s was when Nifflevar Bearded Axe was the bomb and people yelled at each other about it. Haven't played a few years and have never seriously twinked in 70s, only as an amateur back in WoTLK for a couple months on a BC account before moving on to Wrath.

Hi.
If you're looking for runs, find someone consistent on here that is also looking for runs and trade services for one another. I've done this plenty of times and it works out just fine.

As far as gearing goes, you can get a powerful set of gear from Burning Crusade Normal dungeons. If farming isnt your cup of tea (yes, farming socket gear will be a pain) then you should settle for Brutal Gladiator armor. Just be sure to replace the Brutal gloves & legs with socket items, as the two do not have any gem slots.

Gearing is not hard and it’s easy to get carry’s if you find a good community and friends, atm alliance bleeding hollow runs tons of people daily, and even has specific alts in our guild just for carrying people. Gearing options at 70 are better, don’t go 79 for the love of god.

Gearing is not hard and it’s easy to get carry’s if you find a good community and friends, atm alliance bleeding hollow runs tons of people daily, and even has specific alts in our guild just for carrying people. Gearing options at 70 are better, don’t go 79 for the love of god.
Ain't really got time for friends and community, got two kids, a wife, homeschooling my oldest, rebuilding a rundown house out of town, working on other stuff, blah blah blah yada yada yada haha. Just trying to set up something I can goof around on for half an hour every other night or morning after everyone goes to bed or before everyone wakes up.

What's wrong with 79?
Hi.
If you're looking for runs, find someone consistent on here that is also looking for runs and trade services for one another. I've done this plenty of times and it works out just fine.

As far as gearing goes, you can get a powerful set of gear from Burning Crusade Normal dungeons. If farming isnt your cup of tea (yes, farming socket gear will be a pain) then you should settle for Brutal Gladiator armor. Just be sure to replace the Brutal gloves & legs with socket items, as the two do not have any gem slots.

Thanks bud. Dungeon gear will probably be easier for me since I like to Tank, also doesn't Brutal cost the new version of marks of honor and those only come from reward boxes rarely? I miss the old days of losing and still getting honor points. :p

Ain't really got time for friends and community, got two kids, a wife, homeschooling my oldest, rebuilding a rundown house out of town, working on other stuff, blah blah blah yada yada yada haha. Just trying to set up something I can goof around on for half an hour every other night or morning after everyone goes to bed or before everyone wakes up.

What's wrong with 79?

Thanks bud. Dungeon gear will probably be easier for me since I like to Tank, also doesn't Brutal cost the new version of marks of honor and those only come from reward boxes rarely? I miss the old days of losing and still getting honor points. :p
Because 79 is just not cool, cool people can play 79, but being 79 is not cool.

If you want to twink at 70, then running Sunwell Plateau is unavoidable if you want BiS gear.

If you want to twink at 79, the BiS gear 99% comes from normal TBC and WotLK dungeons and quests.

I posted a list with BiS gear for 79s, it's just below your post in this forum.

Fair warning, if you plan on obtaining the dungeon gear solo via the dungeon finder, it will take a while. If you have a high lvl friend who can spam run them with you, then it becomes much faster.

Running SWP takes about 15 minutes a week, the reason for twinking is to be the best geared you could be for your level. Settling for sub par gear kind of defeats the whole ideal but as long as you’re enjoying it I guess it’s not an issue ‍♂️

Always liked twinking just to goof off at lower levels really. Was never able to get BiS since always broke and/or busy. Max level was fun for me in Warlords when my buddy and wife were playing with me and we were leading Ashran stomps but I am the only one that has a PC anymore and we don't really have time. If my buddy, wife, and I have time to play, we have time to go work on the house we're rebuilding or work the land or something else, so time to work.

If you want to twink at 70, then running Sunwell Plateau is unavoidable if you want BiS gear.

If you want to twink at 79, the BiS gear 99% comes from normal TBC and WotLK dungeons and quests.

I posted a list with BiS gear for 79s, it's just below your post in this forum.

Fair warning, if you plan on obtaining the dungeon gear solo via the dungeon finder, it will take a while. If you have a high lvl friend who can spam run them with you, then it becomes much faster.

No biggy I guess. No friends no time to coordinate with them online anyway.

Thanks everyone for the replies. :)

Always liked twinking just to goof off at lower levels really. Was never able to get BiS since always broke and/or busy. Max level was fun for me in Warlords when my buddy and wife were playing with me and we were leading Ashran stomps but I am the only one that has a PC anymore and we don't really have time. If my buddy, wife, and I have time to play, we have time to go work on the house we're rebuilding or work the land or something else, so time to work.

No biggy I guess. No friends no time to coordinate with them online anyway.

Thanks everyone for the replies. :)

.... but you could literally have tons of friends for 0 effort if you joined the community. or joined the t70s discord.

it sounds liek youre one of those weakminded people who just wants pity/attention tbh.

If you are on EU i can help run your through raids, would like the same for my toon if possible.
Noticed you said your busy so dosent matter if we cant do every week, odd run here or there will slowly gear you up.

Users who are viewing this thread