EU+US Interesting Future for F2P? (Post-lvl squish)

TitoIsEpic

Legend
I'm sure most of you have heard about the rumored level squish coming in the next expansion. Many rumors are saying that vanilla will be crammed into the 1-20 level range.

I know this is all speculation, so let's speculate!

What kind of impact do you think this will have on F2P?

I hope blizzard doesn't get rid of F2P or make it only up to level 10 or something weird like that.

I mainly play F2P for the interesting restrictions and collection aspect of it, which is going to be way more interesting if they give us all of the vanilla content to play with.

Trials have always been an element of the game so they will likely remain, the big question is if they will still be able to queue

If we get access to new dungeons, I'm legit creating "first to solo XXXX" thread, for the first time ever all F2Ps will be on the same footing. Chops has an excellent point, saying that there's no way they will let us do classic raids for free when Classic is out and they want subs, but hopefully we get some dungeons, gear, quests, yay!

If we get access to new dungeons, I'm legit creating "first to solo XXXX" thread, for the first time ever all F2Ps will be on the same footing. Chops has an excellent point, saying that there's no way they will let us do classic raids for free when Classic is out and they want subs, but hopefully we get some dungeons, gear, quests, yay!
I was looking over it and I have some THEORIES

Assuming vanilla goes 1-30, I don't think much changes but there's a non zero chance we get some/all of SM and legit gnomer.

That said, I think there's a reasonable chance that vanilla actually ends up being 1-20 while our level cap is 10. That lets each xpac be 5 levels (more or less) to a level cap of 60. So it works out.

In that case, we see stuff like mauradon, SM, rfk and potentially dire maul and RFD.

I think that this is legit a best case scenario. The problem is, some xpacs currently are grouped together in certain level ranges (bc and wrath for instance) so it's highly likely they do that and vanilla content is left at 1-30 which also makes sense

How true do you all think this is?

1zzqclh.png

Please give us BRD at 20, so I can get Ironfoe and Hand of Justice on enhancement shaman.

How true do you all think this is?

1zzqclh.png
About as any random fan theories on reddit or 4chan. A chance of it ending up somewhat accurate, and a chance of it being all a load of crap.

Anything actually "Leaked" can always be changed due to it being leaked, and the vast majority of "Leaked" things you see are just random crap thrown together for attention.

Man if Blizzard goes through a lvl squish it's really going to fuck a lot of things up. Say talents are still at lvl 10 and lfg is at 15, that leaves 5 levels to fit all the vanilla dungeons in. Assuming vanilla is 1-20, which is what makes the most sense to me.

I think it would work a lot better if your talents came at 5 and your lfg at 10. If they made completing one zone equal 1 or 2 levels, it could work out alright.

Either way I am very curious to see if Blizzard goes through with a level squish. I think making vanilla content completely F2P would benefit the game a lot from an advertising perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread