Int/Haste Gem Question

Pzycho

Veteran
Hello all. I am currently working on my 87 lock. (First 80-89 twink). I have the int/haste gem from Bash'ir Landing and am trying to determine the best int/haste gem to go with for the remaining sockets. Are the 3 int/3 haste gems from heroic Shared Halls and heroic Steamvault the best option?

There’s 5/5 int/Crit ones from pvp vendors. There’s a unique 7 stat one from crafting and another that’s probably 5. There’s also a 7 int unique one from Outland

Hello all. I am currently working on my 87 lock. (First 80-89 twink). I have the int/haste gem from Bash'ir Landing and am trying to determine the best int/haste gem to go with for the remaining sockets. Are the 3 int/3 haste gems from heroic Shared Halls and heroic Steamvault the best option?

Pardon my ignorance (I'm learning about this bracket), but do the epic gems from TBC heroics drop to 3/3 at 87? They're 5/4 at 79.

There’s 5/5 int/Crit ones from pvp vendors. There’s a unique 7 stat one from crafting and another that’s probably 5. There’s also a 7 int unique one from Outland
There is no crafted 7 stat gem, unless you mean the 6 all stats nightmare tear and to elaborate on Outland 7 stat gem, there is a 7 agility and then a 7 intellect gem from the vendor at respective honor hold or thrallmar.
Pardon my ignorance (I'm learning about this bracket), but do the epic gems from TBC heroics drop to 3/3 at 87? They're 5/4 at 79.
The gems are in fact 5 int 4 haste at any level you are, but there may be another gem he is looking at instead of the reckless fire opal from shattered halls.

Last edited:
I do mean the nightmare tear. I assumed it’s 7 at 89 since it’s 7 on my 99 that made and 6 on my 69 but perhaps it remains at 6 for 89.

Thanks for the replies. I have only gotten 1 gem from H Shattered Halls. It was a one of the green gems and was 3/3 (I forgot the stats). I haven't gotten the int/ haste one yet, but that is excellent news that it is 5/4. Thanks!

the 5int/4 cri/haste/versa and the 5int/6stam gems you will need to farm everyday, it takes a long time to accumulate 20+ pcs of them which is what you roughly need for all your gears, there are 3-4 heroic lvl70 dungeons that drop them .. i believe the spellfire set still BIS for cloth wearer, and if you plan to use the spellfire set for your lock, do not equip the pieces yet .. you can run several other toons through these 70 heroic dungeon for the gems, if it drops on them, you send your spellfire gear to them for socketing, and they you send it back .. so that way you can get the full set of gems faster .. using different toons, as each toon can only do 1 heroic per day .. the spellfire pieces will not be soulbound after socketing the gems

if you are in afflic spec, which is currently the hardest to kill of the 3 lock specs and also the highest dmg spec, you can get a significant increase using a trinket that proc 222 mastery .. nothing in the 80-87 bracket proc this kind of amount of mastery, and it gives more dmg in % from even primary stat int/spellpower

Last edited:
the 5int/4 cri/haste/versa and the 5int/6stam gems you will need to farm everyday, it takes a long time to accumulate 20+ pcs of them which is what you roughly need for all your gears, there are 3-4 heroic lvl70 dungeons that drop them .. i believe the spellfire set still BIS for cloth wearer, and if you plan to use the spellfire set for your lock, do not equip the pieces yet .. you can run several other toons through these 70 heroic dungeon for the gems, if it drops on them, you send your spellfire gear to them for socketing, and they you send it back .. so that way you can get the full set of gems faster .. using different toons, as each toon can only do 1 heroic per day .. the spellfire pieces will not be soulbound after socketing the gems

if you are in afflic spec, which is currently the hardest to kill of the 3 lock specs and also the highest dmg spec, you can get a significant increase using a trinket that proc 222 mastery .. nothing in the 80-87 bracket proc this kind of amount of mastery, and it gives more dmg in % from even primary stat int/spellpower

Thank you very much for the detailed information!

Afflic might be more damage overall but nothing compares to geared destro locks; chaos bolts 1 shotting fully geared twinks.

Users who are viewing this thread