EU+US Inquiring about 101 Twink Hunter Specs and Item Selection!

Pillshere

Grandfathered
Hello all! Long time lurker here, had a 101 twink DH that I've ended up leveling (stupid 1 per server).

I was hoping to have a discussion on whether or not MM 101 Twink Hunters are 'viable' as 90% of them (As from the armory thread) seem to be BM, and the lesser secondary chosen spec, survival. I've accrued pretty much all of the mail gear I would need for MM, and I do not really have an interest in BM or Surv. If MM isn't near ideal I think I will make an enh shaman.

Another inquiry I have is for the choice of a second ring, if MM is viable. Obviously first slot ring being Demar's, would the second best be the Oversized ring (Following 110 MM stat priority) or is Vers at 101 possibly better. Perhaps the 850 Dalaran ring is a good choice as well as it has ~1300 mastery.

Thank you for your time and I'm looking forward to being part of this community moving on!

It depends on what you want to do with it. All twinks are "viable" for speeding through dungeons and farming in the open world. If you have trouble surviving then you just need to source some more leech gear.

I can't say much about pvp as I don't do it but it seems that the best classes for duels/wpvp are those with strong burst (assass rogue / bm hunter / enh shaman / boomkin / mages) or those with the ability to survive that burst (blood dk / disc priest / ret pally maybe due to bubble?). Not many classes can survive against 110s these days though.

Soloing depends on which difficulty and boss you're doing. Most classes can probably solo the majority of HFC normal with ~20% leech. BM hunter and Blood DK are by far the strongest for anything more difficult.

As for rings, I simmed my hunter when I was trying to decide which was best for BM. The haste one gives a nice "base" amount for focus regen and I chose to stack vers over mastery for the added bonus of mitigation (for soloing). The Dalaran ring is only worth it if you're obsessed with getting the max amount of mastery - better to find a higher ilvl BoE one with a socket and/or leech.

Probably not much help but saw this hadn't got a response :p

MM is pretty strong in 1v1 with stacked mastery. Fought one the other day who had a 62yard range on abilities. Try to get into your range with that. :)

You either roll BM or make a Enhance shaman, everyone who rolled MM on 101 regret it and lvled to 110.

Users who are viewing this thread