Info about 45

Discussion in '49s (Shadowlands)' started by Aeternum, Nov 20, 2020.

Share This Page

1. Aeternum

Aeternum Member

Hey guys, long time lurker around, time to give some stuff back.

Talking about 45 SL characters:

- The BiS gear for now is Azerite 64 head, shoulders and chest. Pre-prepatch characters that looted azerite gear (corrupted aspirant I think) from war and supply chests can use it (it requires level 45 and has ilevel 63, not 64) but current war and supply chests drop azerite gear that requires level 48. The rest of the aspirant gear that drops from chests is fine, only Azerite gear is 48+.

- If you equip ilevel 63 Corrupted Aspirant Azerite gear instead of ilevel 64 Azerite gear, you lose one point of stamina but you get different traits to play with.

- The Corrupted Aspirant gear (non Azerite stuff like rings, trinkets, legs, wrist, cloak) can't warforge so it's ilevel 50 but can get tertiary and socket. Haven't found anything interesting except the trinkets, some are really cool.

- The Legion legendaries are 59 now and useless since their effects have been disabled, with the exception of the crafted ones because they have 3 sockets (I know for sure leatherworking leather and mail legendaries have 3 sockets). So because of that, the crafted legendary is BiS.

- I haven't encountered a single item that is 60+ for my level 45 but I haven't done Antorus yet (because Blizzard sucks ass and disabled our group finder). I honestly doubt any 60+ gear drops in Legion.

- The other slots should be occupied by Warforged Dauntless token gear with sockets and secondaries. Those tokens are sold by Warmage Kath'leen in Broken Shore for 400 Nethershards each and if you want BiS gear (a piece of item that is warforged, so ilevel 60 instead of normal 50, with additional tertiary like speed or leech AND socket) you will need to gamble a lot. The only good source for Nethershards I could find is the Iks'reeged daily world quest (could get 1, could get 4k of them, random) and maybe the mission you get sometimes in your Order Hall (for 7.5k Nethershards, it's not always up). Except that, you get get nethershards from invasion bosses wq (400 each) and various other stuff but it's not worth it, I guess. I did spend about 100k Nethershards so far and I got full Warforged ilevel 60 gear with sockets (except wrist). Nothing with sockets AND tertiary yet. Lottery.

- Gems: +7 mastery/haste/versatility/crit (BfA gems), 1 +18 mainstat (str/agi/int) gem (unique equipped) from BfA JC, 1 +12 mainstat (str/agi/int) gem (unique equipped) from Legion JC.

- Enchants: Cloak +3 mainstat (agi/str/not sure about int), rings +9 mastery/haste/versatility/crit (BfA enchant), not sure about weapon enchants, need more testing.

- To summarize: Head Azerite ilevel 64, Neck Heart of Azeroth, Shoulder Azerite ilevel 64, Cloak 60 dauntless token, Wrist 60 dauntless token, Hands 60 dauntless token, Waist 59 crafted legendary (for plate) or 60 dauntless token, Legs dauntless token, Feet 59 crafted legendary (for leather and mail), one 60 dauntless token ring (they are unique) and you will need to get another warforged ring from a wq in Argus or Broken Front (BFA jewelcrafting rings that are ilevel 60 are an option, the blue/rare proc ones but I've never seen a blue proc post-prepatch.) Use whatever trinkets you want, one dauntless 60 and maybe a legendary? Your call.

- It might be more optimal to use a single legendary (the crafted one) and use a dauntless token ilevel 60 warforged item with tertiary and socket (if you are one lucky son-of-a-bitch) in place of the other legendary because like I said, the legendary will be ilevel 59 and most of them don't have any sockets (only exception is rings). And I guess a lucky dauntless roll ring will be better than a legendary ring? Depends on secondaries I guess, needs more testing and better luck.

- The artifact weapon can get 3 ilevel 20 relics so it will be boosted to max ilevel 80. At ilevel 80 the artifact weapon is a beast and on par with some weapons available to level 50). I got my relics from Argus world quests with proper warforged procs (took about 3 days so it's quick). Haven't done Antorus mythic yet but I doubt any relic over ilevel 20 drops.

Edit:

To summarize the summary, the max ilevel you can get is around 68. I'm not sure if a neck above 95 can knock your ilevel up to 69, I know someone who has it at 92 and his total ilevel is 68. My neck is 87 and total ilevel is 68.

I'll keep updating the post with more info and I haven't added any links because I didn't want to trip the spam detector. I think I got my info right, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Update #1

- Level 45 can no longer phase into the assaulted Uldum to farm azerite off the rares there, the npc to talk to is there but it no longer works. Maybe the characters that were phased already can still go there?

- Level 45 can't switch Vale of the Eternal Blossom to the assaulted version because it's linked to the legendary cloak quest. It was never possible as far as I know.

- We can farm Mechagon rares for azerite and rep (if you're into that, once per rare, rep that is) but it's rather pointless now after the 20% secondary nerf when we lost about 10 of each secondary stats.

- I don't think we can phase into the SL prepatch Icecrown (maybe it's linked to quest progression like Pandaria Vale?) I did try to use the Arathi "exploit" to get loot sent into my mailbox, it didn't work and a friend helped me kill about 5 rares in the prepatch phase while I stood in the normal phase. Or maybe I have just bad luck?

- I dislike the current status of the 45 and I am thinking of leveling my DH to 49 after SL if I can do more stuff there. Thing is, outside of tank spec I'm sitting duck for anything: I can't kill Legion invasion bosses solo, I can't kill Legion wq rare bosses, I can't kill BfA invasion wq bosses, I can't kill rare elites in BfA. In tank spec I can kill everything but it takes such a long time that even buffs expire (takes about 6-8 minutes to solo one of the BfA invasion bosses). The fun part is in meta I can have about 5-6 level 50s on me and it's no problem, they can't kill me (unless stunlocked and such). But when meta is gone I need support. So, I don't know. It's not really fun atm like it was before the prepatch when I could take on all the mobs and rares in an island expedition and never go below 90% hp. Now an island exp rare boss takes me two minutes to kill solo and I can actually be killed (and that is in tank spec, I can't imagine the pain in dps spec).

Thanks guys.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Kjägwæl

Kjägwæl Member

Thank you for all the information.

I will add that you can also get 60 parts with the Obliterum in +10.

Dungeons can also loot 60 parts. With all the variety that this offers, like the extra bonuses on items.

3. OP
    Aeternum

Aeternum Member

Yes, and all the Legion world quests (the ones that reward gear)'s gear can warforge to 60, get tertiary and sockets, I was just pointing out the "fastest" way to gear using the dauntless tokens. I did get several ilevel 60 stuff from the wqs but since you usually get one or two wqs that reward gear per day it's a shit to try and farm those for gear.

Your DK is at 68 ilevel, right? So that is the max for us 45, I guess, for now.

4. Kjägwæl

Kjägwæl Member

Ha yes indeed there are also the WQ. It's interesting to try them if the item has the right stats.

Yes my DK is 68. I know only one other 68, it's a hunter on EU server, so I guess it's you ?

5. ShinyHero

ShinyHero Veteran

My DK has some special items which will allow me to be 70 ilvl :) probably the only 45 that will be able to accomplish this

6. OP
    Aeternum

Aeternum Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. sevenohseven

sevenohseven objectives or gtfo

does any of the bfa crafted gear make the list? it can proc ilvl 60 and the rings have a socket.

8. OP
    Aeternum

Aeternum Member

I crafted about ... let's say 100 BfA rings and not a single one procced rare(60) after the pre-patch. So, I'm not sure. They have sockets but the green normal ones are 53 I think. If rares could proc, yeah, those would be great. I've seen people with blue BfA jc rings but they don't want to share how/when.

9. Kjägwæl

Kjägwæl Member

Very interesting. You have wonderful statistics with gems. That's what I miss.

10. Twinkit

Twinkit OG

• Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    Aeternum

Aeternum Member

Updated with some more stuff.

12. zazzyfraz

zazzyfraz Member

They don’t seem to proc anymore. But they can still be found on the AH and they have their own ilvl filter in theunderminejournal. (GFd/nla)

Check for the heal on kill trinket and the rings.

13. RobHobbo

RobHobbo New Member

Hi. This is my first post and my twink is robbyhobby on wildhammer eu. A lvl45 prot pala. I twinked him because I was fed up of gettin beat up by max lvl hordies when I was in Argus at the start of uk lockdown, when I came back to WOW. I was wondering about the azerite gear and wether or not to replace it with lvl 60 inc socket gear. Are the traits on azerite better than the stat boost i'd get?

• Like Like x 1
  14. ShinyHero

ShinyHero Veteran

Yes, Azerite is very good

15. Kjägwæl

Kjägwæl Member

Interesting also your character. You were also very lucky with your pants! I can imagine a parts you had in the bank before 9.0.

I have dozens of parts in the bank that I had stored before 9.0, and not one is beyond 53 :(

16. Aelrroy

Aelrroy Veteran

Here's a big tip about melee weapons in the 45s bracket, at least from what i've seen on my rogue, do not go for any weapon above item level 50.

The sharpening stones that give +3 damage do not give just 3 damage, they actually increase your weapon dps by 5. I tested this by using an ilvl 50 dagger with +5 weapon dmg enchant and adamantite sharpening stone, the item level 50 dagger had the same damage output as an ilvl 100 dagger.

On a side note when it comes to other item level 50 gear, keep in mind the old enchants. For example i would recommend getting ilvl 50 socketed wrists from the auction house so you can enchant it with +5 of your main stat, thus making the bracers give as much main-stat as item level 90 bracers.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020 at 12:23 AM
    • Like Like x 2
  17. RobHobbo

RobHobbo New Member

Have dauntless gear been nerfed? I bought a load of dauntless bracer tokens and the ones that warforged only went up to ilvl55. I’m hoping it’s only bracers but I have a bad feeling it isn’t.

18. Twinkit

Twinkit OG

Nope still procs ilvl 60, got these just before I posted.

upload_2020-11-22_8-20-54.png