in memoriam

Will you be twinking in classic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Defiasx

Veteran
I have played WoW since launch and like most everyone here, this game filled a spot in my mind and in my heart that no other game has come close to being able to. With every expansion came a large change and new content to play through. While I loved almost every one of them and played through it all, a huge part of this game that I truly loved was one that was constant.
Warsong Gulch on my 19 Rogue.​

My brother (who was one of the strongest twinks I knew) and step brother got me into WoW and also introduced me to twinking. Neither played past The Burning Crusade (I envy them that they got to remember the game as it was) and so I continued playing and twinking on my server (Azgalor) without them. Of course the communities were much more inviting and friendly back then so I had no issue finding others to romp around battlegrounds with. However, as time went on I found that this constant that I used to once love and find comfort in no longer stirred the warm feelings I once had. I came back halfway through BFA after a heavy appearance in WoD and after finding the content, community and challenge of the game almost entirely gone... I think I finally decided that was it. That and the colossal catalyst of an announcement that was Classic WoW.

I tried a few more times to rekindle the classic flame by sneaking into some BGs and laying down a few Cheapshots (req. lvl 26), but its just not the same. I'm officially hanging up my colors, or rather putting them back on until I can rebirth my rogue in Classic. I want to remember this character as he was. Though his original name I can't remember... Yeah.

TLDR;
I'm saddened by where twinks are at and am leaving mine in his classic gear until classic. Or more like, forever.

P.S. My brother met an untimely ding (19 to 20) when an expansion made the discovery of Orgrimmar give exp. That trailblazer quest put him too close to the edge.

Users who are viewing this thread