Important Question!!!

My best memory was playing the game the first few months after release, I recall questing in darkshore and it felt so different. I didn’t have a sense of the scale, no idea what end game was like, I had the game soundtrack enabled. It just felt totally different to what I like about it today. I remember being scared to leave teldrassil and going out into the world on my own.

23-24 days played @ 60 ding in vanilla, the journey was a blast. I still remember everyone in the party helping me get dreadsteed, the ZG runs, capital raids... fuck. I wonder whats up with all the friends i made along the way, it would be a hell of a reunion, going over old memories.

Miss being young and excited about the world :frogeW:

Lot of exploration moments, during BC/Wotlk. I was young, leveled extremely slow, spent a lot of time around lvl25-30 because i always ended up stopping questing and just enjoy exploring high level zones. Especially this feeling of exploring somewhere unknown to you, with dangerous mobs all around, those were some of my favorite memories of wow. (add to that making the swim lap all around Eastern Kingdoms, damn i had some time to waste)

More recently, since i started playing F2P and enjoy it more than endgame, one of my best memories is the lvl20 clear of BRD before it was scaled to our level (some cool hardcore PvE) ... with some dozens of hours spent on partial clears.

And more on the best and also worse memory is the hardcore farming of dungeons achievements with Conzil before SL released, thousands of achievement points in few weeks, with a deadline before everything gets patched. Rediscovering raids on a low level (especially SoO and BT) was really a nice moment I wish more could have experienced.

More recently, since i started playing F2P and enjoy it more than endgame, one of my best memories is the lvl20 clear of BRD before it was scaled to our level (some cool hardcore PvE) ... with some dozens of hours spent on partial clears.

And more on the best and also worse memory is the hardcore farming of dungeons achievements with Conzil before SL released, thousands of achievement points in few weeks, with a deadline before everything gets patched. Rediscovering raids on a low level (especially SoO and BT) was really a nice moment I wish more could have experienced.

Those were some great times, the staying online inside BRD over night to keep the lockout might have been overkill tho.

But the race to finish as many achieves as possible before prepatch was just insane.

I remember getting to the late 50s and early 60 with a small group of guys who had come over from Everquest. It was just me, my GF at the time and like 4 of them. And we all kind of learned the game together. BRD runs at that time remain one of my favorite memories. Its still, to this day, my favorite dungeon and watching the EU 20s kids push through pre-scaling is also one of my favorite memories.

More recently, I hold dear a lot of what TF accomplished in building a strong community of twinks and pushing 20s during late BFA/SL. Ultimately, the effort burned me out and in hindsight, if I'd stayed my little F2P exclusive self I'd probably still have the energy to play retail. But then I also wouldnt be playing classic with a great group of guys, so that's a win.

My best memory was playing the game the first few months after release, I recall questing in darkshore and it felt so different. I didn’t have a sense of the scale, no idea what end game was like, I had the game soundtrack enabled. It just felt totally different to what I like about it today. I remember being scared to leave teldrassil and going out into the world on my own.

Same here. Started as Nelf back at release, worked through Teldrassil and the nightmare that was the barrow dens section. Met someone in Darkshore and we quested together for a while. Eventually, I would happen upon a mage who taught me how to terrain glitch and hop into Mt Hyjal, which was unfinished at the time. Coming straight from games like WC3 and Runescape, there was nothing quite like WoW. The world was extremely expansive and it was easy to get taken aback by how fresh and new the world felt. It was almost like stepping into another world entirely. I think I spent more time exploring the world than I actually did leveling. And while I did enjoy the game for years to come, I don't think I could ever re-capture the experience I had at launch.

Falling in Southern Barrens from the wall as a level 6 Tauren, being entierly lost, wondering how to get back into Mulgore, not knowing about the way hearthstones worked and being killed by raptors after a few minutes of wandering aimlessly.

Other than that, the best part was the discovery than the world wasn't only Bloodhoof village. Seeing so many zones and grey areas on map, being like "oh wow, Winterspring, Tanaris? It sounds awesome" and then questing through those zones and exploring every bit of them. Doing all of those quests, dungeons and whatnot.

Now, I've gone through most of those zones and yet I still suck... Screw it, back to knitting it is.

Noob times, good times

Explore, exploit, and mentor. that's what I do when I get bored with dungeon grinding/endgame
Being here in the world for 2 decades gets stale But to a new player we shine like gods. I feels real good when I impress others and have them follow me around like lost puppy dogs. It's super cute then they learn before your eyes. Mentoring newbs isn't for everyone though. lots of poor gaming habits you gotta break in order to have a prize pony of a Padawan.

I like to think outside of the box with playstyles and activities.
community based events help keep the passion alive. It's why I made the speedrun and tier lists. Community engagement creates fun. (RIP PVP) @humantrafikr is the ideal community member imho. Saving what they can of a dying bracket in the most positive selfish way. Boost others so you have more players to kill. this is what we should be doing instead of giving up. Thanks @humantrafikr for keeping the dream alive despite the bracket change

my favorite memories are that of being a newb and watching skilled players hulk smash. Logging out after they leave group and imitating them until I myself become a hulk. Over the years I have turned into the thing I was once so impressed by. The cycle of life on Azeroth continues.

even if they dont pan out trying exploits is super fun with 1+ people helping you. Having exploits that require more than 4 people is super hard to organize but well worth the time and effort. Everyone likes knowing if something works or not. something about knowing what is and isnt a waste of time really puts me into a happy place.

Trolling players with toys and Tricks: Being out of bounds and life gripping a homie into out of bounds is fun. Killing people in party with a worn doll is fun. ETC ETC. Exploring ways to get to last boss near instantly in a rdf to confuse the masses is fun too. recently I've been practicing my timing on the Mass Mind controls some DF mobs do. Flying down to the ground right after a mass mc and thrashing 40 people to death in 4 seconds. AMAZING TROLL FUN, super long wait between successful attempts though. Making a 70 invincible on a 10 priest is also fun and confuses the hell out of "rat race andy"(endgame players)

I really do recommend becoming a mentor. It keeps me coming back to the game. I gotta help the homies!

P.S. Azeroth becoming boring for you?

Last edited:
The first time I ran south of Camp Taurajo & gasped at the notion of just how big the World of Warcraft was.
My first dungeon, WC, awed by it's twisting depths & precipitous winding paths.
The first time I wandered from Thousand Needles into Feralas... the first time I saw a Devilsaur plodding towards me.
The first time I full-cleared ST. My first LBRS run, & thinking " This is some Khaza-Dum shit right here! "
Living in Wintergrasp: farming during downtime & Zerging during conflicts.
De-n00bifying myself, one corpserun at a time.
Returning 3 flags in WSG on a lowbie Warrior & not dying a single time.
My first Ony Raid ( wrath ) & Going into ZF with a bunch of 80's ( a few were almost as clueless as I was )
Learning the ( simple ) way to solo old raids.
Getting ~R E K T~ in Cata Heroics
Coming back to the game to enjoy The MoP launch & dissolving into the tranquil beauty of the Jade Forest.
Freshly single, sitting in my new kitchen on a night off with the porch doors open, drinking a cold beer on a Summer night & logging into F2P WoW & leveling a new Warrior... running up the road to Razor Hill & beaming how good it was to be 'Home'.
The first time I looked out across the magnificent desolation of Frostfire Ridge. Soloing elites in Nagrand & beaming with joy to the gorgeous music. Getting my free-bie Rylak & graduating to Legion.
Looking S.E. from the steep cliffs of Stormheim while mining, hypnotized by the scene & the moody, atmospheric musical theme of the zone.
The first Na'zak The Fiend kill & the feeling of delving deep into dark tunnels with a group of Stalwart Adventurers. Emerging from the lost halls & literally feeling like the 'Air was so fresh out here'!
Re-learning how to tank & De-n00b-ifying myself one dungeon-wipe at a time.
Leading a Nethershard group-farm raid on Wrynfall hill, infront of ToS, the first night that the Broken Shores released.
Hosting an In-game Keg'er on top of the Sentinax the first day flying could be unlocked.
Nope'ing out of my first M+ dungeon... Completing my first +15
Pugging raids, my first victory over Odyn, my first Heroic Gul'Dan kill...
The first time I realized we could enchant 'looms & sending them over to my 20 Pally.
Running out into the Barrens on foot, down into the Wailing Caverns, bulldozing raptors & wind serpants, stomping Bohan, Soloing the whole dungeon; & running back out into the night & thinking about how fresh the air felt, out by the lush foliage of the Oasis.
Soloing Gnomer on him ( took about 4 hours ) Not being able to solo SM. Exploring zones I had no business being in... fishing in Blasted Lands & Swamp of Sorrows, killing raptors in Un'Goro.
The sheer joy at the realization that we could gear up in nearly every dungeon in the game with the release of SL.
Re-learning the game from a 20 perspective & finding YOU lot out in the world & coming to XPOFF for the first time.
Dipping my toes in Twink PvP & learning all the incredible nuance of F2P 20's & our version of the game.
Gearing up new toons, beaming at swag gear drops, grats' after fun matches...
2x4 world farms, exploring for new ones, having BiS drops & lucky days.
Playing HC WoW on Classic Era & SoM, & the first time I ran south past Camp Taurajo...

The first time I ran south of Camp Taurajo & gasped at the notion of just how big the World of Warcraft was.
My first dungeon, WC, awed by it's twisting depths & precipitous winding paths.
The first time I wandered from Thousand Needles into Feralas... the first time I saw a Devilsaur plodding towards me.
The first time I full-cleared ST. My first LBRS run, & thinking " This is some Khaza-Dum shit right here! "
Living in Wintergrasp: farming during downtime & Zerging during conflicts.
De-n00bifying myself, one corpserun at a time.
Returning 3 flags in WSG on a lowbie Warrior & not dying a single time.
My first Ony Raid ( wrath ) & Going into ZF with a bunch of 80's ( a few were almost as clueless as I was )
Learning the ( simple ) way to solo old raids.
Getting ~R E K T~ in Cata Heroics
Coming back to the game to enjoy The MoP launch & dissolving into the tranquil beauty of the Jade Forest.
Freshly single, sitting in my new kitchen on a night off with the porch doors open, drinking a cold beer on a Summer night & logging into F2P WoW & leveling a new Warrior... running up the road to Razor Hill & beaming how good it was to be 'Home'.
The first time I looked out across the magnificent desolation of Frostfire Ridge. Soloing elites in Nagrand & beaming with joy to the gorgeous music. Getting my free-bie Rylak & graduating to Legion.
Looking S.E. from the steep cliffs of Stormheim while mining, hypnotized by the scene & the moody, atmospheric musical theme of the zone.
The first Na'zak The Fiend kill & the feeling of delving deep into dark tunnels with a group of Stalwart Adventurers. Emerging from the lost halls & literally feeling like the 'Air was so fresh out here'!
Re-learning how to tank & De-n00b-ifying myself one dungeon-wipe at a time.
Leading a Nethershard group-farm raid on Wrynfall hill, infront of ToS, the first night that the Broken Shores released.
Hosting an In-game Keg'er on top of the Sentinax the first day flying could be unlocked.
Nope'ing out of my first M+ dungeon... Completing my first +15
Pugging raids, my first victory over Odyn, my first Heroic Gul'Dan kill...
The first time I realized we could enchant 'looms & sending them over to my 20 Pally.
Running out into the Barrens on foot, down into the Wailing Caverns, bulldozing raptors & wind serpants, stomping Bohan, Soloing the whole dungeon; & running back out into the night & thinking about how fresh the air felt, out by the lush foliage of the Oasis.
Soloing Gnomer on him ( took about 4 hours ) Not being able to solo SM. Exploring zones I had no business being in... fishing in Blasted Lands & Swamp of Sorrows, killing raptors in Un'Goro.
The sheer joy at the realization that we could gear up in nearly every dungeon in the game with the release of SL.
Re-learning the game from a 20 perspective & finding YOU lot out in the world & coming to XPOFF for the first time.
Dipping my toes in Twink PvP & learning all the incredible nuance of F2P 20's & our version of the game.
Gearing up new toons, beaming at swag gear drops, grats' after fun matches...
2x4 world farms, exploring for new ones, having BiS drops & lucky days.
Playing HC WoW on Classic Era & SoM, & the first time I ran south past Camp Taurajo...
Cryge

What are some of your favorite memories from WoW?

to many to post them all. i love this game.
some of my top memories was playing my 95% win rate monk that could one shot 3-5 players in a row with out taking damg. Once i made him, with in weeks people that i was farming in the graveyard were pinging me in game asking me how and building toons until we had an army of 70s dominating the 70-79s bracket. was a bout a 6 month peroiod of non stop world pvp and bgs with some awesome people.

Another was having IL 810 maces on my 19 rogue killing level 60s in outlands. had a pvp guild flying me around droping me in to kill players.

Borean Tundra ganking on any of my level 70 toons back in legion i think it was.

BC - i made a 39 NE preist on my brother in laws server altar of storms just to get drunk and MC people of the great lift - back then the world content was alive.

had a group of level 59 fire mages ganking level 120s with wpvp 30% damg pyro blasts also legion i think.

Classic OG - dualing level 20-40s in the cross roads mail box on my almost BIS warlock twink ( back then I didnt know about a few items ). never made it past level 49 in OG classic. fell in love with twinking thanks to a dude named Blingmaster.

39 alliance TBC guild shake N bake. best premade guild i have ever been in.

Warlords of Warsong Guild nights. Daboos events were really fun.

Korracks AV challange. I one shot 13 players with HAVOC and choas bolt. it was fun going for as many as I could at a time. Also my MOP GF warrior twink was a god with that cloak and Soo weapons. Spent the entire month in korracks AV

Last edited:
Explore, exploit, and mentor. that's what I do when I get bored with dungeon grinding/endgame
Being here in the world for 2 decades gets stale But to a new player we shine like gods. I feels real good when I impress others and have them follow me around like lost puppy dogs. It's super cute then they learn before your eyes. Mentoring newbs isn't for everyone though. lots of poor gaming habits you gotta break in order to have a prize pony of a Padawan.

I like to think outside of the box with playstyles and activities.
community based events help keep the passion alive. It's why I made the speedrun and tier lists. Community engagement creates fun. (RIP PVP) @humantrafikr is the ideal community member imho. Saving what they can of a dying bracket in the most positive selfish way. Boost others so you have more players to kill. this is what we should be doing instead of giving up. Thanks @humantrafikr for keeping the dream alive despite the bracket change

my favorite memories are that of being a newb and watching skilled players hulk smash. Logging out after they leave group and imitating them until I myself become a hulk. Over the years I have turned into the thing I was once so impressed by. The cycle of life on Azeroth continues.

even if they dont pan out trying exploits is super fun with 1+ people helping you. Having exploits that require more than 4 people is super hard to organize but well worth the time and effort. Everyone likes knowing if something works or not. something about knowing what is and isnt a waste of time really puts me into a happy place.

Trolling players with toys and Tricks: Being out of bounds and life gripping a homie into out of bounds is fun. Killing people in party with a worn doll is fun. ETC ETC. Exploring ways to get to last boss near instantly in a rdf to confuse the masses is fun too. recently I've been practicing my timing on the Mass Mind controls some DF mobs do. Flying down to the ground right after a mass mc and thrashing 40 people to death in 4 seconds. AMAZING TROLL FUN, super long wait between successful attempts though. Making a 70 invincible on a 10 priest is also fun and confuses the hell out of "rat race andy"(endgame players)

I really do recommend becoming a mentor. It keeps me coming back to the game. I gotta help the homies!

P.S. not a good sign your asking this question, imo. Azeroth becoming boring for you?

Yes of course @Emelia I'm going to do my best to keep this bracket alive. This is where I started playing World of Warcraft and this is where I will retire playing World of Warcraft. Level 20 Free t Play bracket for life! Those that give up complain. Those that see potential - seek it in peace and show others how easy it is.

When I boosted @Cristi in HoL for days

crusti-dinkleberg.gif

Users who are viewing this thread