Was Trump your first pick?

• Yes

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

Dragpz

Grandfathered
Certainly wasn't expecting a Trump victory. But I suppose this reflects the more Anti-Establishment sentiment of America, mixed in with actual conservative and regressive opinions. Sanders might have been a better candidate.

Anyway, what exactly do people think Trump will do as president? Some people are speculating that the worst case is that he only appoints an SC justice, while others are saying that he will go all out nuclear. I sincerely doubt that he will follow up on his promises, and based on how I feel about Trump, he will likely be a puppet for Pence. Any thoughts?

Lol

TRUMP!

His 100 day plan looks great. Cut spending, cut corruption, increase GDP, and shrink Government. All good things people.
It looks great but I'm sure people know that achieving all of that in just 100 days is... let's just say optimistic.

I'm less concerned with his plan forward (I believe he'll end up being more centered and mild than his campaign persona), but more concerned with the subset of Trump supporters that come from more racist and xenophobic backgrounds.

Those supporters of his that were coming from the angle of fighting corruption in politics, I can fully understand. I think a shakeup was necessary in Washington. I just wish there wasn't still so much racism, bigotry, xenophobia, and hate still left in middle-America.

Looking back I feel a bit of respect for Trump, considering his ability to manipulate an entire voterbase to rally towards him despite negative media directed towards him. And it's primarily because:

1. A quote by Donald Trump in 1998; Article That Says Otherwise, but Meh
2. Trump used to be a Democrat; Related Article
3. He hasn't forced Republican beliefs onto his children; Ivanka is a centrist/leaning liberal
4. His campaign strategy follows the Art of War; there are multiple articles

I'm a centrist/leaning liberal Democrat, and while I'm not entirely content that Trump won, I do have some hope for the future after doing a bit more research on his background.

Users who are viewing this thread