Imperial set bonus nerfed from 100BA>12BA.. other tanks able to challenge prot warrs?

Samadius

50-59 Coordinator
Hi,

In patch notes for 6.2.2 it was written that the set bonus of imperial set would be changed to 130 bonus armor (up from 100) but when I checked live yesterday it was 20, and when i checked today it is only 12 (in-game), but on wowhead it now writes an incorrect amount of 131.

But I trust what I see in-game more than wowhead of course. So 12bonus armor, isn't even OP anymore tbh. It seems fair enough, as 100 bonus armor on a lvl 50 ish green set isn't really fitting. But with this change, the gap to prot warrs at 50 compared with other tanks will be significantly lower, at least in regards to gear choice and benefits. So this might open up for other tanking specs to be more viable for 50 raids. Also as the sonic booster now has the same amount of stamina (of course still better because of the AP boost) as the other stam trinkets that all classes can use.

Do you think other tank classes will be just about as good as prot warrs now at 50? BM monks ? Guardian druids?

regards,
Andra

Re: Imperial set bonus nerfed from 100BA>12BA.. other tanks able to challenge prot wa

Ouch. This is really disappointing.

Re: Imperial set bonus nerfed from 100BA>12BA.. other tanks able to challenge prot wa

Prot has not been the top tank spec for a long time, since wod started. Prot paladins are the only the tank spec thats worse. They can still take a lot of damage but they have no damage at all, my 51 in full strength gear had like 200 damage shield slams, and they have good agrro but they just can't compete with thrash/keg spam. Brewmaster is the best tank spec, you can have as much aggro as you want whenever you want with kegs and you can pull 800dps with your eyes closed while throwing up 7k guards in stam gear

ps Postmaster still gives 50 bonus armor

Oh well, more twink nerfs...expected :(

2T0 (worth about 200000 gold in CN server)bonus 200 armor……Imperial set is not the biggest deal.

Users who are viewing this thread