I'm not complaining, I'm asking a question.

I do feel bad for the long term hunter players, like ppl who have been playing the class for 10 years. Must suck when your class is a giant meme.

Your no longer having fun reminds me of when I twinked 60 in wotlk and having to fight a million paladins in Av. yeah its just no fun being gy camped by fotm all the time.

Honestly your best bet is to wargame with rules around how many classes can be in.

Last edited:
People complain about the state of the game, blizzard, etc. but in reality the cause of the problem are those hunter re-rollers who queue hunter premades and ruin the bracket. :Sadge:

When I started playing F2P during cata I rolled a hunter, based on prior knowledge through wrath of hunter twink 19 dominance.

Turns out, like most eras of the bracket, hunters were far and wide on top, with surv hunts being the most OP (explosive shot). There was little competition against other classes and even against other hunters, f2p or p2p, it usually came down to who shot first.

Anyways I rolled a Druid. And my experience immediately became 100x better after.

Anyways I rolled a Druid. And my experience immediately became 100x better after.
If anyone reading this thread learns anything. I think it's "Be like chelly"

I just wish more ppl played what they like instead of playing what is best, but there is nothing to really do about it. Once again I recommend wargames with set limits on how many of each class can be on each team.
That's like trying to avoid the problem rather than solve it. Escaping to war games doesn't solve the problem at all. In fact a very small number of players play them.

When I started playing F2P during cata I rolled a hunter, based on prior knowledge through wrath of hunter twink 19 dominance.

Turns out, like most eras of the bracket, hunters were far and wide on top, with surv hunts being the most OP (explosive shot). There was little competition against other classes and even against other hunters, f2p or p2p, it usually came down to who shot first.

The thought of chelly on any other class besides druid hurts my brain.

That's like trying to avoid the problem rather than solve it. Escaping to war games doesn't solve the problem at all. In fact a very small number of players play them.

Right but what else can be done? until blizzard does something involving spells ( likely in a new xpac) hunters are oging to be top dog by a wide margain. I highly doubt a couple of ppl on xpoff can convince the entire playerbase to stop playing fotm. So wargames are a good alternative to the problem, wont have to face fotm all the time.

I do acknowledge that wargames have there own set of issues though.

upload_2021-10-29_10-23-39.png

Reactions: KPI
I can understand the curiosity of "man, i heard this is broken, lets take it for a ride" from people who might pick up hunter for a weekend.

But I do wonder about people who see just how broken (and overpopulated) they are and think "yea, imma keep doing this, this feels good". I'm no psychologist but I'd be willing to bet anyone still playing hunter doesnt have much going on outside the game.

a very interesting decision i will never understand.
I was hoping this thread would spark some conversation from a hunter main perspective but I don't think that's gunna happen lol

I was hoping this thread would spark some conversation from a hunter main perspective but I don't think that's gunna happen lol
That would be because hunter mains lack the literacy skills to hold conversation

:Kappa:

Reactions: KPI
I play Hunter but only Survival, so this is written exclusively through a Survival player's perspective.

I have fun with it because of the sheer versatility allowed by its kit; you can, amongst other things, basically fight at any range you want and also completely dictate the flow of a fight through choosing when to engage or disengage and well placed traps. You can pretend to be a Warrior and fight full-on melee without any fears or feel like you're still using a bow and only fight from distance with dots and kill command. Heck, you can even dual wield two Elemental Force 1 handers and do nothing but cast dots. This however comes at the cost of someone else's fun because what I just described is a spec that belongs to an overtuned class whose kit is miles ahead of anything else in the bracket. For this reason, as much I have fun playing my bouncy Survival that can keep moving around indefinitely while never losing damage uptime whatsoever, I decided to move on and play mainly Fury Warrior instead.

And oh boy, what a great choice it was.

Fury is often seen as an underdog spec that can't compare to Arms, so it is never expected to perform well. This leads to some pretty fun situations where people get suddenly 100-0'd by a double crusade Rampage with no chance to react. Needless to say, it is amazing when this happens. Aside from that, however, Fury has some resource generation problems that make it clunkier and harder to play than Arms (mainly the lack of a second Raging Strike charge) and pretty much most specs, as this is rarely an issue. Due to this, managing your damage can be tricky because it is negative while stalling for crusader procs, but at the same time you need to spend your resource pool on Ignore Pain casts to be able to survive while farming the procs, which leads to a sort of risk x reward gameplay that is the complete opposite of the steamroll playing Survival is.

So to sum it up, Fury feels rewarding to play because of its chaotic resource management. It is also very fucking easy to kite (MM Hunter and Arcane Mage are impossible MU's, you just quite literally get kited to death), so trying to maintain the Rage bar filled up is a challenge in and out of itself. But when the spec works, it usually results in some very compelling wins. In other words, a win on a Fury Warrior gives you a feeling that you worked for and earned it, while a win on Survival feels like the spec piloted the game for you.

tl;dr - While Survival is fun its sheer overpowerness removes any sense of reward and skilfull play that can be found in other specs.

Users who are viewing this thread